Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Marie's wedding tiara is really beautiful! I love it

From the photos at the Royal Guardsmen 350th Anniversary it appears that Marie is wearing her engagement ring on one hand and her wedding band on the other. The wedding band looks similar to the engagement one just without the stones.
royal news

I was wondering if anyone has a better or closer shot of her rings?

Question: Prince Henrik gave Mary some marvelous black pearls.
What did Prince Henrik give to Marie ??????
Did Fred & Mary give the wedding couple a gift ?? Anyone know what it was??
thanks,

I have looked on several sites but still can't find the answers, but then it could have been in Danish

There is no known wedding gift to Marie from the Queen and Prince. We also don't know if Mary and Fred gave them a gift. I am a bit disappointed that she does not have a tiara. Not even a small one, like a comb or something. I am also disappointed we have not heard anything about a gift. But since it was a private ceremoney with not banquets we could see we may never know for sure. Her beautiful earrings were from her mother.

The ring isn't my cup of tea, but one has to admit, it is quite exquisite!

I am not a fan of the stones on that band. If the band was by itself, or if the stones were mounted in another setting, the ring would be prettier, IMO.

Just did some searching through the links given above and I found this picture of the engagement ring on the website:

Bestillingsopgaver fra Rosgaard Collection

The ring is shown as a studio picture. According to the web its made from 18K gold with a sapphire, ruby and diamond.

Personally I think the ring is 'ok' looking. The precious stones are amazing, but I think its the band design that doesn't go well with the stones. Also the prongs are to predominated as well.

The stones of her ring really are lovely. I don't care for the band though.

Of course, all I can think about is how dirty a ring like that would get if it were mine. I wear my wedding rings all the time, and that band would catch gunk.

Yuck.

I've never Marie wearing a ring on that finger before. I wonder if it was given to her in honor of her pregnancy?

Thanks Lady Finn. Beautiful pieces. What is amazing looking at these photos is how Marie's face can change with every picture. She is a beautiful lady and every different expression changes her whole face.

Maybe it's her engagement ring? Pregnancy does tend to swell various body parts including fingers. I know friends and coworkers who've had to take their engagment & wedding rings off in their third trimester or risk having them cut off.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that the stones on the engagement ring are superb, but it is simply the ugliest engagement ring I've seen and I blame it on the band--that and the lack of symmetry with regard to colors. Had the ring been an oval diamond with sapphires or rubies on the side it would be much improved, however, the band keeps coming back as being just too casual almost.
Anyway........it appears that her pinky ring is a golden citron, much like those worn often by Crown Princess Maxima. I rather like that stone, although I think it is a little large as a pinky ring. It reminds me of Vegas a little too much.

Now, the jewelry she worn on her wedding day was impeccable and truly lovely. The tiara is one of the most appropriate wedding tiaras I've seen--but the lace on the veil plays with my eyes. And, those earrings! Beautiful and suited the tiara very well. In fact, Marie was a beautiful bride.

I like this ring. I wonder if it is a citrine or gold topaz? I can't tell if it is one ring, or two.

Was this tiara given to her? I was under the impression that it was loaned to her for the wedding. It really suits her. She looks beautiful in it, and I love the floral design.

This whole New Years Gala is just wonderful. I do wish the British Royals would have galas like this and not be so stingy with the tiara outings.

Marie looks lovely in this tiara, it is one of the prettiest floral tiaras of all the royal families. But, and I probably being waaaaaay to picky here, but I'm a little annoyed that the tiara is in a while gold/platinum setting and the trim on her gown is yellow gold-ish in color. I am a firm believer that you don't mix the metals/colors. It just doesn't look as pulled together as it could be. Just a thought. However, as it is the Order of the ELephant I must let it go....

Last edited:
This whole New Years Gala is just wonderful. I do wish the British Royals would have galas like this and not be so stingy with the tiara outings.

Marie looks lovely in this tiara, it is one of the prettiest floral tiaras of all the royal families. But, and I probably being waaaaaay to picky here, but I'm a little annoyed that the tiara is in a while gold/platinum setting and the trim on her gown is yellow gold-ish in color. I am a firm believer that you don't mix the metals/colors. It just doesn't look as pulled together as it could be. Just a thought. However, as it is the Order of the ELephant I must let it go....
I'm sure Marie aould love to have a tiara to match each gown, I for one would like to see her with a substantial necklace and bracelet.;)

jcbcode99 said:
but, and I probably being waaaaaay to picky here, but I'm a little annoyed that the tiara is in a while gold/platinum setting and the trim on her gown is yellow gold-ish in color.

The gold/platinum "trim" is the Danish Order of the Elephant. The Danish Royals use to wear for that Gala.
That's why Marie wore it, although it doesn't match the Tiara.

http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/uncategorized/2009/01/02/princesses_at_court.jpg

If you have a closer look you'll see that all Danish Royal Ladies combine the golden order with their silver/white gold Tiaras.

Mary (wearing it under her fur jacket)
Margrethe

Last edited:
Love the tiara! Her make-up is flawless. Good for her for looking so beautiful, the best this year! IMO

I know they all mix the metals, QEII did in the past year and it is something that tends to annoy me (sorry) but the honor of receiving the Elephant lessens the mis-match.

It's very lovely tiara!:flowers:
It's very wonderful tiara!:flowers:

I loved the tiara and almost all the earrings that LadyFinn posted above!!

will this one be marie's "assigned" tiara? does it have a matching parure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom