Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, we haven't seen her in much jewelry yet. Maybe only her cross on her engagement. Hopefully she will have some other things to talk about. I too do not like her ring one bit. All I can say is I hope she likes it.

I guess I agree with the general concensuss that the ring is pretty hideous, but with the link provided on this forum, it seems that those sorts of bands are a trademark of this designer, and IMO that is what really makes the ring undesirable. I think in a simple platinum setting it would have been beautiful...

this was the link to the designer I was talking about (it was mentioned before):
Rosgaard Collection

I wonder if the queen will give her a tiara like she did for Alexandra and Mary. Hope it is not the gold flower one, that's hideous!

so its a new tiara for the royal family or has the queen worn this tiaa

What does the wedding ring look like?

I really love Princess Marie's wedding tiara. Together with the hairdo and the veil it looked great on her. Hopefully she will wear it to many other occassions.

Marie's wedding jewels
*Four pictures from Associated Press
**The latter two pictures in the gallery show the tiaras of Queen Anne Marie & Queen Margrethe

does anyone have a close up of her earrings i k now they said they came from Geneve but were they bought for the occasion an di wonder if so by whom???

i see the Queen has learnt her lesson by only lending the tiara and not giving it to her

It was said on one of the Danish TV channels that it was a gift to Marie from her mother (and presumably her stepdad too).

Last edited by a moderator:
i think i have seen it before on the queen, but i cant remember when

Marie's wedding tiara as worn by QMII:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/flowertiara.jpg
Photo from 'Juvelerne I Det Danske Kongehus'. 1973 in Stockholm.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/1983VisittoSpain.jpg
1983 Visit to Spain.

Worn by Prince Henrik's mother, Countess Renee de Monpezat during QMII and Henrik's Silver Wedding Anniversary in 1992:
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/CPM/ReneedeMonpezat.jpg

-Ayvee

It was said on one of the Danish TV channels that it was a gift to Marie from her mother (and presumably her stepdad too).

Then it must be said her mother has exquisite taste in jewellery. Gorgeous are those earrings...:wub:

Tiara pic!

Here is a closeup of Princess Marie's wedding tiara.
cropped from a larger image courtesy of Tamara at RJOTWMB.

~¤~

Last edited:
I was wondering what other tiaras might have been available to Marie. I presume she had a hand in choosing which tiara to wear.

I can't find a thread or website that shows Queen Margrethe's other tiaras and would have liked to have seen what else might have gone with her bridal gown.

Will Marie get her own tiara (like Mary did) bought for her or will she just borrow from Queen Margrethe when a function demands a tiara?

This is a nice picture of Marie's engagement ring from the goldsmith who executed Joachim's design:
Girafring

-Ayvee

Queen Margrethe choice of a tiara for her new DIL Marie was excellent.

The tiara may be gorgeous but the engagement ring remains hideous.

I have to agree. After looking at the ring on the designer's website and seeing the other designs I wonder why Joachim didn't choose a narrower band for the ring.

It would have made it look far more feminine IMO.

The ring isn't my cup of tea, but one has to admit, it is quite exquisite!

Last edited by a moderator:
Question: Prince Henrik gave Mary some marvelous black pearls.
What did Prince Henrik give to Marie ??????
Did Fred & Mary give the wedding couple a gift ?? Anyone know what it was??
thanks,

I've been looking at the pictures since M&J married. I've haven't seen one where she wears the engagement ring with her wedding band. I was just curious as to how they looked together? And also wondering if maybe they don't match at all. I saw the designer's web page that did her engagement ring and I wondered why her band didn't come from him!

The trouble with her (hideous) engagementring is that you cannot slide the weddingband underneath it, as you can with the more traditional singlestone rings. Maybe that's why she's not wearing it. She could wear her engagementring on her other hand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom