Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessofEurope

Heir Apparent
City
Wiltshire
Country
United Kingdom
with the announcement of the engagement of Prince Joachim and Marie Cavellier today i thought it would be a good idea to start a thread about her jewellery

first the engagement ring is a ruby, diamond and sapphire combination which according to Joachim looks abit like the French flag to show Marie's french background

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/aliyah_85/captd6b004075e1c46d7b20fb61939b0806.jpg

From AP via yahoo picture (originally posted by Dazzling)

03-10: Joachim satte sit præg på forlovelsesringen ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...
From billed bladet

IMO the ring is very big and vulgar

Last edited:
I think it's gorgeous. Much like it's owner. I love the colour combination and it's refreshing to see something other than the usual silver and diamond combo.

I second that! This ring reminds me of a Superbowl ring or something. It's too bulky. Didn't he give his first wife a two carat diamond with a cabochon ruby on either side? ImageShack - Hosting :: alexandradenmark6gt.jpg

He went from that to this? I think it is very unattractive.

I am also not a very big fan, but in defense of the ring,the picture is kind of unclear. But with Marie as the wearer, anything could look good.

I guess it must be tradition for a Danish Prince to give his fiancee an engagment ring that has the colors of the Danish flag (rubies and diamonds)? Alexandra's....Mary's....and now Marie's....though hers has a sapphire in it too. Anybody know?

I really does look like Mothers Ring!

There is a close up picture on Danish Royal Watchers. It really is an ugly ring. I hope at least Marie and Joachim picked it out together. Because if I got that ring I wouldn't be happy. But at least it comes with a Prince attached.

That ring is hideaus all that money Jocheim has and he buys a ring like that for her.

Last edited:
Here's a HQ close-up of Marie's engagement ring from the press conference:
Marie's ring

I don't really like the band of the ring - it's too big. If it were thinner, it would be perfect IMO

:flowers:

(IPA Press)

RED WHITE AND BLUE??? I don't like it--and the band is way to thick. The ring has too much going on to be attractive.

I really like the stones, beautiful colours and gorgeous together. The setting is not my preference, the stones are beautiful. :flowers: Congratulations to the couple.

My first reaction to the ring was way to bulky and not the most femine, but Marie seems happy, and i like the idea someone said in the other thread, you get a wedding band that semi goes with it, then you phase out the engagement ring...but as long as she is happy then i love it:D

Yuck. that is all I can say. It might be okay as a fashion piece, but it is not an engagement ring. How is she supposed to wear a wedding band with that thing?

Here's a HQ close-up of Marie's engagement ring from the press conference:
Marie's ring

I don't really like the band of the ring - it's too big. If it were thinner, it would be perfect IMO

:flowers:

(IPA Press)

OK, that's ugly. I'm sorry, but the band ruins it. The stones are clear and beautiful, but the band...

Thanks JessRulz for the close-up.

The ring might be okay as a gift for a birthday or so. But as an engagement ring... Thinking, I will have to wear the french flag at my finger as long as I'm married :bang:

the band is a little bit think, but i nevertheless adore the stones they chose: diamond, rubies and saphires make a nice combination and quite a meaningful one considering both marie's and joachim's french backgrounds.

I guess it must be tradition for a Danish Prince to give his fiancee an engagment ring that has the colors of the Danish flag (rubies and diamonds)? Alexandra's....Mary's....and now Marie's....though hers has a sapphire in it too. Anybody know?

Ms Cavellier is French (for the time being), so believed to be somewhat of a tribute to her birthright nationality.

The usual silver and diamond combo.

The usual white gold or platinum I would think, Sam..lol.

Personally I like the ring. The stones are a nice size and the gold a good colour.
IMO a vulgar ring is something huge like Diana's.

Personally I like the ring. The stones are a nice size and the gold a good colour.
IMO a vulgar ring is something huge like Diana's.
Diana's ring was. most certainly exquisite. It was beatifuly set.

I'm really curious which Tiara Marie will get and when we'll see her wearing it for the first time.
I wonder if we'll see her wearing a Tiara during some pre-wedding events (If there'll be any.. since they want a "private wedding") or if the wedding day will be the first day we'll see her wearing a Tiara.

I don't know much about the Danish Royal jewels so I have no idea which Tiara could be given to Marie.

I think we have some confusion here about Diana's ring.

The one Charles gave her was exquisite. The one Dodi was going to give her was UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY.

I have to say it -- this is one of the ugliest engagement rings I have ever seen! Looks like something that you would buy off of the street! I think the stones would have looked lovely on a simple white gold band with a diamond wedding band to match when they marry. I like some of my counterparts hope that they picked this out together, if not I would have died at the thought of wearing this hideous piece of jewelry for the rest of my life.

The ring might be okay as a gift for a birthday or so. But as an engagement ring... Thinking, I will have to wear the french flag at my finger as long as I'm married :bang:

You beeing from Germany - it would be a weird thing to do;)

IMO the ring is beautiful.

The ring is too much of everything. As the proverb say, too much of good is bad. I have expected that Prince Joachim would have a better taste.

Well, I was horrified when I got a close up of the ring today. I can truthfully say the thing is hideous. Not my idea of an engagment ring. Looks more like a dinner ring to me. Or as another poster said, a Mother's ring.
I'm glad to see that others here feel the same way as I do. I hope this is Marie's idea of a beautiful ring. I'm sure she thinks it beautiful since it came from Joachim. But can you imagine if it was not along her line of taste?:eek:

You beeing from Germany - it would be a weird thing to do;)

IMO the ring is beautiful.

You're right. Better the french colours in a ring than our german black-red-gold (onyx, ruby, citrine perhaps? Yuck!) I'm wondering if it would be impolite to turn an engagement ring down...

I think her she will wear her first tiara on her wedding.

Too much going on with that ring, IMO. The band is way too big and I still can't figure out how the wedding ring will fit!! The word ostentatious comes to mind and I don't find it to be at all regal. Eveyone's taste differs, however, and that is what makes life interesting!

That ring is just awful! it´s too wide and i don´t like the gold. Pure ugly :yuk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom