Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if I received an engagement ring like that, I would actually pretty touched.
True, it is not my idea of an engagement ring (I'd prefer something like Queen Elizabeth's or Crown Princess Victoria's rings), however, the thought behind the ring is what would matter to me. Joachim deliberately chose a ring that symbolised his bride's roots and country of origin.

However stunning the ring, at the end of the day it's better to receive a modest but thoughtful ring, than a trophy, statement piece with no emotions behind it.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
Well said Artemisia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Close up:
images have been cropped (less than 20%) and are not subject of copyright

Thanks, I think they're part of the decoration on the dress. I like her delicate earrings.

Those diamond drops are gorgeous and it looks like the decorative pieces on the gown slip over a rope-like attachment. You can see how the top ones curve down. Whether they came with the dress, are costume jewelry or the real thing is the question. Thank you for the closeup, Salma!

Last edited:
Was hoping for a close-up of the shoulder jewels- wouldn't it be stunning if they were REAL? Thanks for posting the detailed pics-

Was hoping for a close-up of the shoulder jewels- wouldn't it be stunning if they were REAL? Thanks for posting the detailed pics-

It really would be amazing if they were real! Love, love, love the earrings.

bertie5252003 said:
Regarding her engagement ring 2 things 1] I f she had a hand in choosing it fine it's ugly but she picked ugly
2] I f that is not the case how did she feel when seeing for the first time the most appaling engagement ring and the new husband sees you as that boring !!!!
Because IMO not only is it Ugly but it's boring it's not an eterinty ring it's just something one would slip on for daytime when nothing else came to mind.
So for me I hope it's the first option.

I think I remember reading, that Joachim designed it himself?

Looks like a lucite ring to me; guess you just got to see it in person to appreciate it!

Yes she did, many times. Mary has similar piece given her by P Henrik, so maybe this on is also gift from him to Marie.
Here is slightly better view of this diamond brooch
PPE

As agami.pearl noted, Marie has worn it quite a few times. Apart from South Korea reception in May of 2011, she also wore it during the week-long visit to Japan a month earlier (the picture is not very clear, but it's definitely the same brooch).

Last edited:
Lovely brooch and it looks fabulous in her hair! Is it all diamonds or are there pearls as well?

Mary's brooch is all diamonds. Marie's has some pearls. I love both these brooches!

I like the brooch, it's so small and elegant! Marie should wear pearls more often, IMO.

I haven't thought very much about Marie's engagement ring, but I caught a quick close glimpse of it today in a documentary of her and it doesn't look that chunky close on as the band was filigree and looked quite nice.

Does anyone recognise the brooch Marie wore for Christening?
It's really lovely.

Attachments

• 55.JPG
    55.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 443
I like the brooch so much. It looks amazing on Marie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom