Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love it too. Her tiaras are super sparkley!!!

BB article about Marie's sapphire and diamond brooch which she wore at the 50th throne jubilee celebration: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...aries-smykker-her-er-deres-saerlige-betydning
It once belonged to Queen Alexandrine. On 5th June 1953, the day she was formally proclaimed heir to the throne, it was gifted to Margrethe by her father. And Margrethe gave it as a gift to Marie in June 2009 on the occasion of the birth of her first child (Henrik).

:previous: I think something may have got lost in translation there :D The brooch that was gifted to QMII by her father on the day she became heir presumptive is actually the ruby horseshoe brooch QMII herself wore today – IIRC Frederik IX himself had it made for his daughter for the occasion. But Marie's sapphire brooch indeed belonged to Queen Alexandrine once and was gifted to her by QMII when little Henrik was born.

:previous: I think something may have got lost in translation there :D The brooch that was gifted to QMII by her father on the day she became heir presumptive is actually the ruby horseshoe brooch QMII herself wore today – IIRC Frederik IX himself had it made for his daughter for the occasion. But Marie's sapphire brooch indeed belonged to Queen Alexandrine once and was gifted to her by QMII when little Henrik was born.
Thanks. :flowers:
When I looked at the article the part about Margrethe's 2 brooches was missing, and I actually wondered why the title mentioned both Marie and Margrethe while the article was only about the sapphire and diamond brooch.

So, it wasn't my translation but the article who was wrong (though I admitt my Danish isn't the best). :whistling:

Princess Mary received a big sapphire Brooch when Christian was born.
Princess Marie received a smaller sapphire Brooch she may wear as pendant. when Henrik was born. It is the only royal jewel She has with her engagement ring.

Following my visit to the exhibition in Copenhagen, I noted that the diamond tiara Marie wears has been gifted to her.

The description in the display notes of the Tiara - “ Tiara in white gold with brilliant cut diamonds, made c. 1900, possibly by Court Jeweller A Michelson, Copenhagen. Gift from Queen Margrethe to Princess Marie”

Other items Marie has received
- Bracelet in white gold with brilliant cut diamonds, probably made by silver smith Hans Hansen, Gift from Queen Margrethe to Princess Marie

- Brooch with brilliant cut diamonds and sapphires, made in the 19th century. The brooch previously belonged to Queen Alexandrine, who gave it to her daughter in law Queen Ingrid. It was later given to Princess Marie in connnection with the birth of Prince Henrik in 2009

Attachments

• DBC9DDD2-A97E-4103-900F-0B7349C2D037.jpg
    DBC9DDD2-A97E-4103-900F-0B7349C2D037.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 57
  • D6104C7D-7274-4D36-913C-C027A7DDF118.jpg
    D6104C7D-7274-4D36-913C-C027A7DDF118.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 369E75D1-9416-460F-94E0-0211B9F8BADB.jpg
    369E75D1-9416-460F-94E0-0211B9F8BADB.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 64
Following my visit to the exhibition in Copenhagen, I noted that the diamond tiara Marie wears has been gifted to her.

The description in the display notes of the Tiara - “ Tiara in white gold with brilliant cut diamonds, made c. 1900, possibly by Court Jeweller A Michelson, Copenhagen. Gift from Queen Margrethe to Princess Marie”

So it's now confirmed this tiara has been gifted to Princess Marie it seems ! There were some rumours about it (around her 40th birthday I think?) but no official confirmation.

Picture of the notice board beside the display - property of Princess Marie it states

Attachments

• 650F64B5-BF1F-443C-9AA9-5D277CAD230B.jpg
    650F64B5-BF1F-443C-9AA9-5D277CAD230B.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 73
The Mauboussin tiara is hers now ?

As I understood, it's not hers, but always at her exclusive disposal. Again, I am not sure, but that pattern could continue during her lifetime...

Marie's tiara appearances in 2022

1 2

It's time to close this thread. You can find a new one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom