The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Our Marie has been seen wearing a new ring, instead of her wedding ring in fact.
Here it is: https://app.box.com/s/0uzfw3ami3wsk4wazzz2

There are no further details except that they are adorned with diamonds.

This is not instead of her wedding ring! It is in addition to it she is wearing the ring on her right hand, the opposite hand to her wedding ring!

Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
This is not instead of her wedding ring! It is in addition to it she is wearing the ring on her right hand, the opposite hand to her wedding ring!
Usually our Marie wear her wedding ring on her right hand and her engagement ring on her left, in accordance to what is most common in Denmark.

According to tradition the engagement ring is closest to the heart, while the the wedding ring is on the hand you use when you swear on something.
There are probably other variants of that story, but that's the one I know of.

ADDED: Checked a picture. I actually think you are right, ldmemail.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Courtier

Princess Marie started the year off as she usually does, with her floral tiara:

Se billederne: Dronningen holdt nytårskur | www.bt.dk
Old 01-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Love her earrings! And tiara too...
Old 01-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Allways the same tiara . May she change it as Princess Mary did with the Ruby tiara?
Old 01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Allways the same tiara . May she change it as Princess Mary did with the Ruby tiara?
I don't know because technically it still belongs to Margrethe. However, I think if Marie really wanted to, the Queen would likely be on board as she's quite a creative mind.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

I agree that Margrethe might allow a change of the tiara. But I don't see how it might be improved by a change. The design seems pretty well balanced to me, and I can't imagine a better way to arrange the elements.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Courtier

Personally I always find the line of diamonds at the bottom of the tiara a bit odd (unless worn in such a way they get hidden in her hair), if Marie could change the tiara I think she should ditch those.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Personally I always find the line of diamonds at the bottom of the tiara a bit odd (unless worn in such a way they get hidden in her hair), if Marie could change the tiara I think she should ditch those.
I think this line was added before the tiara was loaned to Marie. It was then put on a new frame.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Super Moderator

OK, I now freely admit that the diamonds at the bottom might just as well go. In my post above I thought that the arrangement of the foral and leaf elements can't be changed without ruining the tiara completely.

I still think that the Queen should loan the turquoise bandeau and the Baden palmette tiara to her daughters-in-law from time to time. Since both tiaras have been loaned to one of her nieces once or twice, why not loan them to Mary and Marie? That way there would be more diversity and we wouldn't be bored at seeing Marie in the same tiara over and over again.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

I still think that the Queen should loan the turquoise bandeau and the Baden palmette tiara to her daughters-in-law from time to time. Since both tiaras have been loaned to one of her nieces once or twice, why not loan them to Mary and Marie? That way there would be more diversity and we wouldn't be bored at seeing Marie in the same tiara over and over again.
And in turn the Queen could borrow the ruby Parure from Mary for special occasions. I think it would habe been nice if they would have loaned it to her for her ruby anniversary.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Mary changed the tiara because it was to big for her. I found it sad !
I don't think she will loan, athough it is Crown Prince Frederik personal present from Queen Ingrid.
The Queen never wore the ruby tiara
Old 01-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And in turn the Queen could borrow the ruby Parure from Mary for special occasions. I think it would habe been nice if they would have loaned it to her for her ruby anniversary.
That would have been nice! But I'm sure the she will never wear a loaned tiara. As an alternative, Fred could have loaned it to his mother before he had married.
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
That would have been nice! But I'm sure the she will never wear a loaned tiara. As an alternative, Fred could have loaned it to his mother before he had married.
They were following Ingrid's wishes, however. I kind of like that there's one tiara that Margrethe never wore, considering how many others she got to wear. It's special for Mary, imo.

That being said, I really do wish Marie could wear the palmette or the Turquoise bandeau. It's really boring seeing her in the same tiara all of the time.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
They were following Ingrid's wishes, however. I kind of like that there's one tiara that Margrethe never wore, considering how many others she got to wear. It's special for Mary, imo.
That is true and i also think that Ingrid talked with Margrethe before she decided to leave it to Frederik. But on the other hand i find it a pity that Margrethe is the only of the last 4 Queens who never got to wear the ruby Parure. And even more as it are the danish national colours.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That is true and i also think that Ingrid talked with Margrethe before she decided to leave it to Frederik. But on the other hand i find it a pity that Margrethe is the only of the last 4 Queens who never got to wear the ruby Parure. And even more as it are the danish national colours.
But I think only Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine have worn the rubies. Or did Queen Louise also wear it?
Old 01-03-2015, 02:46 PM
Courtier

Quote:
But I think only Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine have worn the rubies. Or did Queen Louise also wear it?
it was a wedding gift to Louise from Josephine since Louise was marrying a Danish prince. Although I don't think there are any of photos of her in it, I think it's assumed she must have worn it before giving it to Alexandrine.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Actually she has two tiaras although she does not own the flora danica tiara it is exclusively at her disposal. Would love to see Marie use it more often. Same with Mary and the midnight tiara.

I actually like that they don't share a lot in Denmark. Almost the same thing in Sweden (well QS is a little bit more generous but not much). I like that "mine is mine and yours is yours".
Old 01-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I guess that she has worn them as she owned most of the Set until her death. But i have never seen a pic of her waring them.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Actually she has two tiaras although she does not own the flora danica tiara it is exclusively at her disposal. Would love to see Marie use it more often. Same with Mary and the midnight tiara.

I actually like that they don't share a lot in Denmark. Almost the same thing in Sweden (well QS is a little bit more generous but not much). I like that "mine is mine and yours is yours".
I'd hardly include the Flora Danica in this since she's only worn it once. We've seen her in the Floral tiara almost exclusively. It's easy to forget the other one.

Actually, I'd say the Swedes share pretty well. Lilian & Silvia have worn the majority of the tiaras, plus Vickan's gotten to wear quite a bit. Much different from the Danes and Norwegians (although Martha has worn a few different ones).

Tags
jewellery, marie, marie cavellier, princess marie