The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #461  
Old 06-14-2014, 07:55 AM
ldmemail's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bath, United Kingdom
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Our Marie has been seen wearing a new ring, instead of her wedding ring in fact.
Here it is: https://app.box.com/s/0uzfw3ami3wsk4wazzz2

There are no further details except that they are adorned with diamonds.

This is not instead of her wedding ring! It is in addition to it she is wearing the ring on her right hand, the opposite hand to her wedding ring!
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #462  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:19 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 6,303
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
This is not instead of her wedding ring! It is in addition to it she is wearing the ring on her right hand, the opposite hand to her wedding ring!
Usually our Marie wear her wedding ring on her right hand and her engagement ring on her left, in accordance to what is most common in Denmark.

According to tradition the engagement ring is closest to the heart, while the the wedding ring is on the hand you use when you swear on something.
There are probably other variants of that story, but that's the one I know of.

ADDED: Checked a picture. I actually think you are right, ldmemail.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #463  
Old 01-01-2015, 02:42 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 730
Princess Marie started the year off as she usually does, with her floral tiara:

Se billederne: Dronningen holdt nytårskur | www.bt.dk
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #464  
Old 01-01-2015, 07:48 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 4,650
Love her earrings! And tiara too...
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #465  
Old 01-02-2015, 06:55 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,772
Allways the same tiara . May she change it as Princess Mary did with the Ruby tiara?
Reply With Quote
  #466  
Old 01-02-2015, 07:01 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Allways the same tiara . May she change it as Princess Mary did with the Ruby tiara?
I don't know because technically it still belongs to Margrethe. However, I think if Marie really wanted to, the Queen would likely be on board as she's quite a creative mind.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #467  
Old 01-03-2015, 05:33 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 2,886
I agree that Margrethe might allow a change of the tiara. But I don't see how it might be improved by a change. The design seems pretty well balanced to me, and I can't imagine a better way to arrange the elements.
Reply With Quote
  #468  
Old 01-03-2015, 07:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 865
Personally I always find the line of diamonds at the bottom of the tiara a bit odd (unless worn in such a way they get hidden in her hair), if Marie could change the tiara I think she should ditch those.
Reply With Quote
  #469  
Old 01-03-2015, 09:27 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Personally I always find the line of diamonds at the bottom of the tiara a bit odd (unless worn in such a way they get hidden in her hair), if Marie could change the tiara I think she should ditch those.
I think this line was added before the tiara was loaned to Marie. It was then put on a new frame.
Reply With Quote
  #470  
Old 01-03-2015, 10:22 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 2,886
OK, I now freely admit that the diamonds at the bottom might just as well go. In my post above I thought that the arrangement of the foral and leaf elements can't be changed without ruining the tiara completely.

I still think that the Queen should loan the turquoise bandeau and the Baden palmette tiara to her daughters-in-law from time to time. Since both tiaras have been loaned to one of her nieces once or twice, why not loan them to Mary and Marie? That way there would be more diversity and we wouldn't be bored at seeing Marie in the same tiara over and over again.
Reply With Quote
  #471  
Old 01-03-2015, 10:38 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

I still think that the Queen should loan the turquoise bandeau and the Baden palmette tiara to her daughters-in-law from time to time. Since both tiaras have been loaned to one of her nieces once or twice, why not loan them to Mary and Marie? That way there would be more diversity and we wouldn't be bored at seeing Marie in the same tiara over and over again.
And in turn the Queen could borrow the ruby Parure from Mary for special occasions. I think it would habe been nice if they would have loaned it to her for her ruby anniversary.
Reply With Quote
  #472  
Old 01-03-2015, 10:57 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 2,772
Princess Mary changed the tiara because it was to big for her. I found it sad !
I don't think she will loan, athough it is Crown Prince Frederik personal present from Queen Ingrid.
The Queen never wore the ruby tiara
Reply With Quote
  #473  
Old 01-03-2015, 01:43 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 2,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
And in turn the Queen could borrow the ruby Parure from Mary for special occasions. I think it would habe been nice if they would have loaned it to her for her ruby anniversary.
That would have been nice! But I'm sure the she will never wear a loaned tiara. As an alternative, Fred could have loaned it to his mother before he had married.
Reply With Quote
  #474  
Old 01-03-2015, 01:58 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
That would have been nice! But I'm sure the she will never wear a loaned tiara. As an alternative, Fred could have loaned it to his mother before he had married.
They were following Ingrid's wishes, however. I kind of like that there's one tiara that Margrethe never wore, considering how many others she got to wear. It's special for Mary, imo.

That being said, I really do wish Marie could wear the palmette or the Turquoise bandeau. It's really boring seeing her in the same tiara all of the time.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #475  
Old 01-03-2015, 02:03 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
They were following Ingrid's wishes, however. I kind of like that there's one tiara that Margrethe never wore, considering how many others she got to wear. It's special for Mary, imo.
That is true and i also think that Ingrid talked with Margrethe before she decided to leave it to Frederik. But on the other hand i find it a pity that Margrethe is the only of the last 4 Queens who never got to wear the ruby Parure. And even more as it are the danish national colours.
Reply With Quote
  #476  
Old 01-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 2,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
That is true and i also think that Ingrid talked with Margrethe before she decided to leave it to Frederik. But on the other hand i find it a pity that Margrethe is the only of the last 4 Queens who never got to wear the ruby Parure. And even more as it are the danish national colours.
But I think only Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine have worn the rubies. Or did Queen Louise also wear it?
Reply With Quote
  #477  
Old 01-03-2015, 02:46 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But I think only Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine have worn the rubies. Or did Queen Louise also wear it?
it was a wedding gift to Louise from Josephine since Louise was marrying a Danish prince. Although I don't think there are any of photos of her in it, I think it's assumed she must have worn it before giving it to Alexandrine.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
  #478  
Old 01-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Posts: 723
Actually she has two tiaras although she does not own the flora danica tiara it is exclusively at her disposal. Would love to see Marie use it more often. Same with Mary and the midnight tiara.

I actually like that they don't share a lot in Denmark. Almost the same thing in Sweden (well QS is a little bit more generous but not much). I like that "mine is mine and yours is yours".
Reply With Quote
  #479  
Old 01-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But I think only Queen Ingrid and Queen Alexandrine have worn the rubies. Or did Queen Louise also wear it?
I guess that she has worn them as she owned most of the Set until her death. But i have never seen a pic of her waring them.
Reply With Quote
  #480  
Old 01-03-2015, 04:45 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Actually she has two tiaras although she does not own the flora danica tiara it is exclusively at her disposal. Would love to see Marie use it more often. Same with Mary and the midnight tiara.

I actually like that they don't share a lot in Denmark. Almost the same thing in Sweden (well QS is a little bit more generous but not much). I like that "mine is mine and yours is yours".
I'd hardly include the Flora Danica in this since she's only worn it once. We've seen her in the Floral tiara almost exclusively. It's easy to forget the other one.

Actually, I'd say the Swedes share pretty well. Lilian & Silvia have worn the majority of the tiaras, plus Vickan's gotten to wear quite a bit. Much different from the Danes and Norwegians (although Martha has worn a few different ones).
__________________

__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, marie, marie cavellier, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Madeleine Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 584 06-25-2015 09:53 AM
Princess Margaret Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 245 05-16-2015 09:42 PM
Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway Jewellery Lonemor Royal Jewels 116 04-01-2015 10:53 PM
King Constantine of Greece & Princess Anne Marie of Denmark - 1964 SpiffyBallerina Royal Weddings 65 03-01-2015 10:16 PM
Marie: Possible Future Challenges, Patronages and Successes as Princess of Denmark norwegianne Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 96 07-06-2008 03:07 AM




Popular Tags
belgium best outfit birth brussels carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess catharina-amalia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death denmark fashion fashion poll funeral general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hohenzollern jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima nobility official visit photo session picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince of wales princess claire princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit stockholm sweden the hague victoria wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]