The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-04-2007, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I'm really curious which Tiara Marie will get and when we'll see her wearing it for the first time.
I wonder if we'll see her wearing a Tiara during some pre-wedding events (If there'll be any.. since they want a "private wedding") or if the wedding day will be the first day we'll see her wearing a Tiara.

I don't know much about the Danish Royal jewels so I have no idea which Tiara could be given to Marie.

Old 10-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Royal Highness

I think we have some confusion here about Diana's ring.

The one Charles gave her was exquisite. The one Dodi was going to give her was UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-04-2007, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have to say it -- this is one of the ugliest engagement rings I have ever seen! Looks like something that you would buy off of the street! I think the stones would have looked lovely on a simple white gold band with a diamond wedding band to match when they marry. I like some of my counterparts hope that they picked this out together, if not I would have died at the thought of wearing this hideous piece of jewelry for the rest of my life.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtenstein View Post
The ring might be okay as a gift for a birthday or so. But as an engagement ring... Thinking, I will have to wear the french flag at my finger as long as I'm married
You beeing from Germany - it would be a weird thing to do

IMO the ring is beautiful.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

The ring is too much of everything. As the proverb say, too much of good is bad. I have expected that Prince Joachim would have a better taste.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Courtier

Well, I was horrified when I got a close up of the ring today. I can truthfully say the thing is hideous. Not my idea of an engagment ring. Looks more like a dinner ring to me. Or as another poster said, a Mother's ring.
I'm glad to see that others here feel the same way as I do. I hope this is Marie's idea of a beautiful ring. I'm sure she thinks it beautiful since it came from Joachim. But can you imagine if it was not along her line of taste?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilla View Post
You beeing from Germany - it would be a weird thing to do

IMO the ring is beautiful.
You're right. Better the french colours in a ring than our german black-red-gold (onyx, ruby, citrine perhaps? Yuck!) I'm wondering if it would be impolite to turn an engagement ring down...
Old 10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think her she will wear her first tiara on her wedding.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Too much going on with that ring, IMO. The band is way too big and I still can't figure out how the wedding ring will fit!! The word ostentatious comes to mind and I don't find it to be at all regal. Eveyone's taste differs, however, and that is what makes life interesting!
Old 10-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Courtier

That ring is just awful! it´s too wide and i don´t like the gold. Pure ugly
Old 10-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Heir Apparent

I wish I knew how to add your "tongue hanging out", rop81, as it is just Soo perfect!! It appears that no-one is too impressed with the Princess-to-be's engagement ring. I Do hope that she is happy with it. I just know that Alexandra would have been appalled ....
Old 10-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hofburg View Post
Diana's ring was. most certainly exquisite. It was beatifuly set.
It certainly was

Marie's exudes a certain 'tackarama'. Something a child would find in a Christmas bon bon.

I'm sure the stones are quite lovely and are worth a small fortune but the contrast of blue, white and red on such a thick gold band looks as if it would be better suited upon 'Jack Sparrows' finger than that of a future royal Princess of Denmark.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I'm really curious which Tiara Marie will get and when we'll see her wearing it for the first time.
I wonder if we'll see her wearing a Tiara during some pre-wedding events (If there'll be any.. since they want a "private wedding") or if the wedding day will be the first day we'll see her wearing a Tiara.

I don't know much about the Danish Royal jewels so I have no idea which Tiara could be given to Marie.
The Queen made that mistake before and now look what's happened. The Countess of Frederiksborg can claim such a lovely and historical tiara with such a strong royal provenance as her own. I can't see any tiara from the royal vaults being bestowed upon this soon to be Princess's head.

I think, like Mary, Marie's tiara shall be one that's bought at auction. One which has no familial or historical ties with the Danish institution.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:39 PM
Gentry

I find the ring pretty awful. I would prefer to remain single hahahhah
Old 10-04-2007, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness

Now, let's be fair. I think it very unlikely that the Queen Alexandrine tiara will wind up anywhere other than the head of the future HH Princess Nikolai, so its not as if it has left the family. Knowing that the wife of her eldest son would wear not only the Desiree Clary parure, but ultimately the crown jewels, it should have come as no suprise that Queen Margarethe would gift her younger son's wife with a family tiara as well. But as the personal jewels are running low, maybe this time she will purchase a tiara for Marie with the understanding that, upon her death, Joachim will inherit some of the smaller personal jewels for his wife to wear.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rop81 View Post
That ring is just awful! it´s too wide and i don´t like the gold. Pure ugly
Me neither - it could have been saved somewhat if it had been white gold. But 3 'busy' colours in a ring and then add gold as a fourth colour is not good. I am a bit surprised that Joachim would pick this out - unless he knows that Marie prefers gold coloured gold - and wanted to add the French touch with the three differently coloured stones. It lacks elegance and that is a pity.
Quite a different type of ring than the Fusion ring from Georg Jensen which he reportedly bought for Marie earlier this year.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Heir Apparent

It's expected that Nikolai shall inherit his mothers tiara. That's not to say it shall happen. I certainly hope it does.
As for Marie, I hope she gets something with a little height. Something not unlike that of Princess Madeleine of Sweden's favoured tiara (the King Carl XVI Gustav anniversary tiara/necklace).

Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

"It lacks elegance". Perfectly said, User Dane. Rather more like a piece of costume jewelry.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Yuck. that is all I can say. It might be okay as a fashion piece, but it is not an engagement ring. How is she supposed to wear a wedding band with that thing?
I've seen wedding bands with rings like this and they are narrow and flat. I like the ring; I think its unique but I think the stones would have looked better with a flat faced cut to fit in with the scrollwork of the ring. I think with a piece of jewelry like this, either the stones or the metal has to take center stage and a flat faced cut of the stones would have complemented rather than competed with the metalwork.

Its not a typical engagement ring however.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 10-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Because Princess Marie (sounds lovely doesn't it) is unlikely to be granted any use of the crown jewels, I do hope her tiara is one of exquisite substance and size. Something moderately demure in design but impressive by sight!

Well, I think the future Princess Marie is more than entitled to a tiara with a bit of height and substance. The fact she is soon to be the second wife of Prince Joachim does her no discredit. He is, afterall, her first and hopefully last husband.

Tags
jewellery, marie, marie cavellier, princess marie