Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks like a nice combination of stones; maybe sapphire, ruby and emerald cabochons with diamonds. A very nice size, too; reminds me of an elaborate doorknocker.

Last edited:
I hate the brooch. It kinda reminds me of her ugly engagement ring!

Looks like Marie also has some new pearl and diamond earrings.Very nice. I love the brooch but I know that is a hard one. You either love it or hate it!

In a post made in the Christening thread, Muhler kindly provided some information about the brooch and earrings Marie was wearing:
Marie was radiant and displayed a brooch on her dress, a gift from Queen Margrethe. And earrings made from pearls and diamonds, a present from Joachim.

Thanks, Muhler! :flowers:

New jewels.....always a good thing in my book!

Marie wore a large ring of some sort when she and members of the DRF attended the theater. I believe she paired it with the brooch that was a wedding gift from Prince Henrik

http://i47.tinypic.com/16bgd1v.jpg

Its beautiful Catharina, but I don't think the Danes have the funds to buy such a thing. But its a great idea...

Calling Prince Joachim, buy this for your wife... :whistling: An important diamond kokoshnik style tiara and diamond rivière, tot. app 40 cts. Dragsted, Copenhagen 1930's. Platina and 18k gold, set with drop cut garnets and old cu.... - The Spring Classic Sale, Stockholm 568

I would loooooove to see this on Princess Marie! She deserves another tiara. :) Come on Joachim, she gave you a beautiful daughter, get it for her!!!

Or if he's not interested, maybe this could be salvaged for Estelle... :p
Unfortunately I have to say that there is no chance, that it will end up on Marie. If the Joachim were interested in buying it, he would have done so privately, but not at auction. Sigh, we'll have to make do with the new Flora Danica tiara for Marie.

It's also a little too similar to Mary's ruby tiara IMO. I love the tiara Marie was given by Queen Margrethe. If she gets another (besides the Flora Danica) I'd hope she gets something with pearls.

:previous:what a simply wonderful idea:flowers:I love that the top part can be converted to a diamond riviere.
splendid garnets, pearls and diamonds in a very feminine design

I just love this tiara; it's so Strathmore Rose-like but set higher. It looks gorgeous in her hair and from what I can see of those fantastic earrings, I'm guessing they're sapphires.

I just love this tiara; it's so Strathmore Rose-like but set higher. It looks gorgeous in her hair and from what I can see of those fantastic earrings, I'm guessing they're sapphires.

I think I've seen them before, they're emeralds.

:previous:Thank you, I just saw them on Marie's jewelry site and they look like emeralds to me as well.

Marie too like Mary is flawless tonight!!!!!

And not to overlook...Princess Marie has received the royal family order (with QMII's portrait)!!! This is the first time that she's wearing it!

I also though the Rosenburg Kokoshnik would've looked great on Marie. At least then she could have a tiara to call her own, instead of always wearring loaners.

Princess Marie has my favorite small tiara. She wore it for the gala dinner in honor of the visiting Slovakian president. My question is; have we seen these earring before?

http://i47.tinypic.com/soxuz8.jpg

:previous: I've never seen that tiara before, and I can definitely say that it's lovely. The earrings are beautiful too.

what happned to the small tiara, was it officaly for her to wear or just inspired by narie

The Flora Danica tiara is for her to wear, as a loan. I once read that it was meant for "private events". So it's unlikely that she will wear it at state visits. My guess is that we will see it mainly at birthday galas.

I certainly prefer this tiara over Mary's wedding tiara. I think it's quite lovely and looks beautiful on Marie.

Unfortunately I have to say that there is no chance, that it will end up on Marie. If the Joachim were interested in buying it, he would have done so privately, but not at auction.

A belated comment:
The Kokoshnik style tiara from the estate of Countess Ruth was not sold according to the auctioneers' website; it didn't reach the reserve price! I read somewhere that it's not considered a top quality tiara, maybe that has something to do with it?
Maybe we should also make a mental note of the fact that none of the jewellery of the late Princess Viggo - as the kokoshnik was - found its way into the main line RF.

I would also like to see a second tiara for Princess Marie, but at least she's lucky that her floral tiara didn't end up on the head of the former Princess Alexandra! The one Alexandra got - the Alexandrine drop diamond tiara - has a dated look about it IMO. Marie is far better off with the floral!
viv

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom