Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats what I was thinking RubyPrincess! Tiara's are such a traditional statement I'm just not crazy about this piece, I understand no one wants to put 50,000$ into something only borrowed by a Princess, but I don't like these kind of tiaras much. Maybe I will eat my words when I see Marie in it. Mary's is OK and I appreciate the workmanship but still not my favorite way to wear jewels smacked on the head!!!

I wonder if this will be Marie's version of Mary's Midnight Tiara - not her physical property but hers to use for as long as she wants. The text describes it as "a special tiara dedicated to HRH Princess Marie". Is it designed by the same people who created the Midnight Tiara?

They remind me of one of the other. They were not designed by the same people. Midnight tiara was designed by Charlotte Lynggaard

October 5, 2011- Opening of the Danish Parliament

Brooch

Images have been heavily cropped (less than 20% of the original versions) and are not subject to copyright

Attachments

• marie.jpg
    marie.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 498
That is a pretty brooch. I am interested as to where she purchased it.

The brooch has amethysts (?), maybe it's from the same set of her future "Flora danica" tiara ?

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2011.
Maries nye diadem - Marie's new tiara.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Our Marie has been presented with a new personal and more unofficial tiara. The official tiara is the one she was presented with by QMII and which she wore at her wedding.
This new tiara, she can wear whenever she pleases.

The tiara was presented to the public at the recent Copenhagen Jewelry Fair, for which Marie is patron.
The tiara is designed by Anja Blinkenberg, from the company Flora Danica. Marie has contributed with several ideas to the design.
Vagn Ibsen, manager at Flora Danica says: "The three lilies symbolises, apart from the Princess also Prince Joachim and little Prince Henrik. But in order to make it up to date we have placed a little diamond in the lily of the Princess. A symbol for come January a little new prince or princess will join the family".

The large lily in the centre symbolise Marie, the two smaller ones her husband and son.
The tiara is not owned by Marie, it's still owned by Flora Danica, but whenever she wish to use it, it is at her disposal. - Presumably in the same manner as the midnight tiara used by Mary and which is designed by Charlotte Lynggaard.

The tiara itself is made from oxydised silver, while the stamens (you know, the stilk like thingies in the flowers) are made from white-gold, adorned with diamonds.
To the lover ring has been attached a row of faccetted amathysts.

There is a very detailed picture of the tiara in Billed Bladet and I hope it will surface in their site in a few days.

Last edited:
Thanks for your translation, Muhler:flowers: I hope that the picture of the tiara will pop up soon on their website. And I wonder when Marie will wear it for the first time. I sounds like it's more meant for private events, similar to the midnight tiara which Mary wore at birthday galas.

Does anyone have a pic of the tiara?

I cannot wait to see her wear this tiara and I do love the idea of the three lillies as well as what they symbolise. So nice to see that modern day Princesses, like Marie and even Charlene of Monaco, are opting more for an elegant head piece as opposed to a bulky tiara.

A new tiara sounds really interesting, can't wait to see it either. ;) This brooch is lovely, btw.

Her whole look on her wedding day was incredible. The tiara coupled with the lace veil is stunning and her hairstyle presented the tiara so well.

Marie's earrings on her wedding day, along with Charlene's hair ornament, are probably my two favorite pieces of jewellery from a royal wedding! The earrings were exquisite. Any idea who the designer is? I recall reading that they were a gift from her mother, but I wonder if they were simply a loan (either from her or the jeweller) as we have not seen them since!

I read that these earrings were from Geneve but there wasn't more details. Marie never wore them again, so indeed it could be loan from her mom or even from jeweler.

Her tiara suits her so nicely, imo. Perfect shape and scale for her!

I read that these earrings were from Geneve but there wasn't more details. Marie never wore them again, so indeed it could be loan from her mom or even from jeweler.
It is a shame more information was not released on their origin as then we might know if we will ever see Marie in them again! And, I would love a pair myself ;). Was any other information released about them, like metals, stones, etc? I assume the earrings were diamonds set in white gold or platinum.

For me, Marie's jewelry (tiara and earrings) on her wedding day complemented both her and the gown so very well.

Her wedding tiara is nice but I don't think it's anthing special:

Pic

I agree that Marie's tiara does not have the "wow" factor of other tiaras, but (while certainly not a favorite) I like it still. I think it is pretty and feminine and romantic, which seems to suit Marie. For me, it beautifully complimented her wedding gown, but I am not certain that it is the best compliment to other gowns. I also find it to have a 'youthfulness' about it - I wonder if she will wear the same tiara in the future, or will be given the use of another one.

:previous: No matching suite. Just the tiara.

Last edited:
It's one of my favorite floral tiara, big enough but not too big and suits Marie perfectly. And has a royal history behind it.

In the baby introduction pictures I noticed a sapphire ring, is this new? Maybe something to commemorate the birth of the baby girl?

I actually like Marie's wedding tiara much more than Mary's.

Last edited:
I prefer Marie´s wedding tiara too. It´s very femine and beautiful.

wonderful Marie and tiara

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a lovely tiara for Marie & it suits her very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom