The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2009, 02:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
The conclusion is that Princess Marie hasn't received a royal tiara yet.At least not officially.Does anyone know why and if this is ever gonna happen in the future?
My guess is that Marie received the tiara as a long-term loan. So it will be associated with her, but it is made sure that it will stay in the royal family in the case of a divorce. But all this is guesswork. Since the royal family does not give much information about these things it seems impossible to predict if she will ever own a tiara herself.

Old 06-11-2009, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

I was thinking about the same thing,TiliaC.Thank you for confirming my initial thoughts.
{response to deleted post removed - Elspeth}

Old 06-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

{response to deleted post removed - Elspeth}

I found this post by Bjarne on the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Det Kongelige Danske Løsørefideikommis. Bjarne already wrote a book about the Danish Royal Jewels and even he in in the dark concerning the ownership of the tiara.
I personally believe that Queen Margrethe has become more careful about handing out old family heirlooms like the royal tiaras. Many already left the family in her father's generation when Prince Knud inherited several of them. And again in her own generation her sisters were given their own tiaras. On the other hand Queen Ingrid was the last princess to marry into the family and add to the family vaults. The divorce the prince Joachim and countess Alexandra might have been to final straw and caused her to be more protective. So Princess Mary received a tiara with no family connection as a wedding gift and princess Mary got hers as a loan.
But of course this is only my own guess. QM certainly won't let us into her thoughts.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've deleted some personal comments and the resulting fallout. Hopefully normal service will now be resumed.

Elspeth
Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Royal Highness

She looks lovely in this tiara and her gown--but I highly doubt that HM has given it to her for her own use.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-26-2009, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Marie
26th July 2009 Henrik's christening - a lovely diamond and sapphire ring which is far nicer than her engagaement ring!

Old 07-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Serene Highness

Are we sure that the main stone is a sapphire?It could be a black diamond or whatever.It's really beautiful,no doubt.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Royal Highness

It is a thousand times better than that ugly engagement ring. The little prince is beautiful!

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

I am in total agreement with you, jcb, re: the ring. I don't seem to remember very many pics of her wearing her engagement ring, at least no close-ups. The little prince is adorable...
Old 07-26-2009, 08:16 PM
Heir Apparent

It looks like a sapphire to me, too. I also prefer it to the wedding ring. The stones on her wedding ring are gorgeous, but the band was too thick and it distracted from the stones.

There is a little gold band that she is wearing with this ring. I wonder if this is also new.
Old 07-26-2009, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Correct me if I am wrong, sgl, but I was under the impression that the thick band with the three stones was indeed, her engagement ring and not her wedding band. I believe that her wedding band was the slim gold band that she is wearing with the new ring in question.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by udyusa View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, sgl, but I was under the impression that the thick band with the three stones was indeed, her engagement ring and not her wedding band. I believe that her wedding band was the slim gold band that she is wearing with the new ring in question.
You're correct. The ring with the three stones is her engagement ring. Her wedding band is a plain gold ring.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

She also wore a very nice bracelet with a small cross yesterday.I would like to see a close-up of that bracelet.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelinaB. View Post
She also wore a very nice bracelet with a small cross yesterday.I would like to see a close-up of that bracelet.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n...riextening.jpg

The aquamarine ring she wears on her right hand is a gift from her father-in-law, Prince Henrik.

As far as the sapphire with two diamonds on the side, Princess Marie has has this ring for quite some time. I'm not sure how far back - whether she had it during her engagement period or not.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:50 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan

Prince Henrik Christening- Bracelet and rings
Imageshack - jewr
Old 07-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Prince Henrik Christening- Bracelet and rings
Imageshack - jewr
Shes wearing thay sapphire and diamond ring on her wedding finger? Thats not Marie's engagement ring is it?
The bracelets beautiful.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumutqueen View Post
Shes wearing thay sapphire and diamond ring on her wedding finger? Thats not Marie's engagement ring is it?
The bracelets beautiful.
No, her engagement ring is a thick gold band with three stones in the center: one sapphire, one diamond, and one ruby.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:04 AM
Serene Highness

Thank you,Ayvee!I'm sorry,I couldn't open Salma's link.
It seems to me that the aquamarine ring is much more beautiful & modern than the sapphire one!Great choice for a gift indeed!
Old 07-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Royal Highness

I must say, Joachim is a generous fellow indeed! Both his ex, and his wife enjoy a variety of jewels. Alexandra received quite a few good pieces from him, almost up untill the end.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I believe that the aquamarine ring was a gift from her father-in-law, Henrik. Not Joachim, auntie. Nevertheless, Joachim does seem to be very generous, indeed. :)

Tags
jewellery, marie, marie cavellier, princess marie