The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 03-29-2009, 05:05 AM
UserDane's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,966
Not that I want to speculate in any one's death, but out of Queen Margrethe's three cousins, only one has children. I really hope that the tiaras owned by princess Elisabeth and count Ingolf will if not be bequeathed to the queen and her descendants then offered for the family to buy them. There are some nice pieces which it would be nice to have back in the 'main line'. I am so lamenting the fact that queen Ingrid let the Khedive leave Denmark and that queen Margrethe let the drop diamond tiara leave the main line with countess Alexandra.
__________________

__________________
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 03-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Not that I want to speculate in any one's death, but out of Queen Margrethe's three cousins, only one has children. I really hope that the tiaras owned by princess Elisabeth and count Ingolf will if not be bequeathed to the queen and her descendants then offered for the family to buy them. There are some nice pieces which it would be nice to have back in the 'main line'. I am so lamenting the fact that queen Ingrid let the Khedive leave Denmark and that queen Margrethe let the drop diamond tiara leave the main line with countess Alexandra.
Yes it would be great if the Queen would buy back the tiaras of pricness Elisabeth and Count Ingolf. And the tiara of Princess Elisabeth would match her russian sapphires.
__________________

__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 03-29-2009, 06:48 AM
wymanda's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 1,434
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
and that queen Margrethe let the drop diamond tiara leave the main line with countess Alexandra.
I would assume that this is a lifetime loan and that it will eventually go to the wife of either Nikolai or Felix.
__________________
Everything I write here is my opinion and I mean no offence by it.
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
If I wear Queen Margrethe I'd be offering Countess Alexandra some sort of barter, for the return of the diamond tiara now in Alexandra's possession. It should NOT have left the dynastic line of inheritance in the first place, and it annoy's me terribly that it did. An entirely nonsensical expression of good favour on behalf of the Queen, I think. God love her for it, but Ma'am...whyyyy?!!! Anything but a tiara with such a history of royal ownership!
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 03-29-2009, 07:08 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,641
Some time after the divorce I read that there was an agreement between Countess Alexandra and the royal family that her tiara would be left to her sons, so that it stays in the family. Still, it will move further away from the royal family with every generation to come.
I just can’t understand why they never put the mayor jewels into a family trust. OK, it might be a long tradition that jewels are personal possessions, but sometimes there is the need to adept to changes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:14 AM
auntie's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Middlesex, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
If I wear Queen Margrethe I'd be offering Countess Alexandra some sort of barter, for the return of the diamond tiara now in Alexandra's possession. It should NOT have left the dynastic line of inheritance in the first place, and it annoy's me terribly that it did. An entirely nonsensical expression of good favour on behalf of the Queen, I think. God love her for it, but Ma'am...whyyyy?!!! Anything but a tiara with such a history of royal ownership!
.
Even though Joachim and Alex divorced relatively quietly, there wasn't any gr8 love lost between her and the DRF, I can't see any member of the DRF wearing the tiara which is so associated with her, the most sensible thing is for her to leave it to her sons.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
.
Even though Joachim and Alex divorced relatively quietly, there wasn't any gr8 love lost between her and the DRF, I can't see any member of the DRF wearing the tiara which is so associated with her, the most sensible thing is for her to leave it to her sons.
Not now, you're probably right. I think had it stayed with the RF upon her divroce that it could have certainly been used by either the Crown Princess or even (now) Princess Marie.

Sensible that it should henceforth be set on a path destined for 'common' use and heaven forbid it, possibly being sold as has often happened when such items are passed down a branch of a dynasty that integrates into general society? Quite unfortunate, imo.

The only consolation is that there's still at least one generation of Prince's to make use of it. Even if those Prince's don't bare the HRH.
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 03-29-2009, 10:34 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Not now, you're probably right. I think had it stayed with the RF upon her divroce that it could have certainly been used by either the Crown Princess or even (now) Princess Marie.
It could also have used again by the Queen who wore it frequently before she gave it to Alexandra. Actually this is what is better in the swedish and dutch Royal Families. There the tiaras are not so much asociated with certain Royal Ladies as they wear different tiaras.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Melbourne & Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
It could also have used again by the Queen who wore it frequently before she gave it to Alexandra. Actually this is what is better in the swedish and dutch Royal Families. There the tiaras are not so much asociated with certain Royal Ladies as they wear different tiaras.
Certainly so.

I know HM wore the tiara as heiress presumptive, and early on after her succession, but I've not seen photo's of her having worn it well into her reign. Are there any such photographs?
__________________

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,641
The tiara is so much associated with Alexandra, that I couldn’t imagine any of the current royal ladies, and especially not princess Marie, to wear it, at least for many years. But it would be so good if it were secure for the next generation.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 03-30-2009, 03:06 AM
MARG's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 4,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
I would assume that this is a lifetime loan and that it will eventually go to the wife of either Nikolai or Felix.
I don't think so. Like Mary's wedding tiara it is a "gift" and as such she can dispose of it however she pleases.

It would be nice if it did go to one of her son's but it could be up for auction in Christies next month!
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 03-30-2009, 03:43 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Kirkland, United States
Posts: 682
Alexandra could quietly accept money for the tiara and it could go back into the family and be saved for Isabella when she comes of age. Marie would never wear it nor would Mary.
Felix and Nicolai don't need a tiara - even though they are royal, their wives could just borrow from the royal collection when needed.
I believe when a new wife comes into a royal family - unless she has her own tiara - a tiara should be bought for her and it becomes her personal possession. She can borrow from the royal collection when she wishes, but what is already there remains the property of the royal family. This way if the marriage breaks up, one of the historic pieces does not leave the royal family.
Case in point: Princess Margaret of Great Britain bought a tiara when she married in 1960. That magnificent tiara was often worn by her. After her death, the tiara was auctioned off by her children. It is not a great loss as it was not a historic associated with the royal family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 06-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Josefine's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: , Sweden
Posts: 9,193
did marie take part of the greek state visit
and if so did she wear a tiara
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 06-07-2009, 05:03 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
did marie take part of the greek state visit
and if so did she wear a tiara
She did not take part since the state visit was so shortly after she gave birth.
But I think she will always wear the floral tiara she wore on her wedding. The Danish royal family does not own that many tiaras and they don't share them. While Alexandra was still a princess she also always wore the same tiara, and I can't imagine that they will change this for Marie. (Though I would like to be wrong on this one, I love to see all the bling bling coming out of the vaults!!)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 06-07-2009, 08:47 AM
rubies's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: daytona beach, United States
Posts: 2,221
I sooooo agree with all of you as to the tiara usage. Next week in Christies auction there are several tiaras and noble jewels being sold. Its terrible to see collections being broken up. The dutch are very smart as not only their collection will stay in tact, but with the exception of a few tiaras saved for the queen, they can choose from a number of pieces for formal occasions. I wonder why the Danish don't do this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 06-07-2009, 09:44 AM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: la, United States
Posts: 2,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I sooooo agree with all of you as to the tiara usage. Next week in Christies auction there are several tiaras and noble jewels being sold. Its terrible to see collections being broken up. The dutch are very smart as not only their collection will stay in tact, but with the exception of a few tiaras saved for the queen, they can choose from a number of pieces for formal occasions. I wonder why the Danish don't do this?
this is a good question? i saw the photos in christie website, the zafhiro ones are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!marie wedding tiara is so beautofull, actually much nicer from the one mary had from her wedding, the one that marie has from where is comming? i mean it was in the family? wonder why mary didn'tgot that one?
__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 06-07-2009, 02:01 PM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 1,641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
this is a good question? i saw the photos in christie website, the zafhiro ones are beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!marie wedding tiara is so beautofull, actually much nicer from the one mary had from her wedding, the one that marie has from where is comming? i mean it was in the family? wonder why mary didn'tgot that one?
The tiara belongs to the Queen and is loaned to Princess Marie.
Afaik it originally belonged to Princess Dagmar, the youngest daughter of King Frederik VIII. But it somehow came back to the main line of the family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 06-07-2009, 02:45 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 2,361
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I sooooo agree with all of you as to the tiara usage. Next week in Christies auction there are several tiaras and noble jewels being sold. Its terrible to see collections being broken up. The dutch are very smart as not only their collection will stay in tact, but with the exception of a few tiaras saved for the queen, they can choose from a number of pieces for formal occasions. I wonder why the Danish don't do this?
The difference is that the danish tiaras are private owned by the members of the RF, with the exception of the emerald parure who belong to the Crown Jewels and some other important Jewels (like the Orange-nassau pearl Set) who belong to a special Foundation who is for the use of the Monarch. In the Netherlands all major Jewels where put in a Foundation by Queen Juliana and the members of the Royal Family own only some smaller Jewellry like brooches, necklaces etc.
__________________
Stefan

Royal Travel and Events

Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 06-11-2009, 07:32 AM
rubies's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: daytona beach, United States
Posts: 2,221
Marie is wearing a beautiful small diamond brooch at both birthday events. Anyone know anything about it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 1,262
The conclusion is that Princess Marie hasn't received a royal tiara yet.At least not officially.Does anyone know why and if this is ever gonna happen in the future?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jewellery, marie, marie cavellier, princess marie


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid of Norway Jewellery Lonemor Royal Jewels 115 07-15-2014 08:52 AM
Princess Madeleine Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 492 06-12-2014 08:34 AM
King Constantine of Greece & Princess Anne Marie of Denmark - 1964 SpiffyBallerina Royal Weddings 64 05-12-2014 09:21 PM
Princess Margaret Jewellery Josefine Royal Jewels 239 10-08-2013 05:49 PM
Marie: Possible Future Challenges, Patronages and Successes as Princess of Denmark norwegianne Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and Family 96 07-06-2008 03:07 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth charlene crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympic games olympics ottoman poland pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]