Princess Margriet of the Netherlands Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, how unusual for her to wear a tiara at this ball. Maybe it was to mark the 30th edition.

She has always worn a tiara for this ball. But always one of the smaller ones like the aquamarine tiara or the Earth of Wheat tiara. But her daughter-in-laws have also attended sometimes but they have never worn a tiara apart from their Wedding Day.

One of my favorite tiaras, pity that is not very visible because of placement in P Margriet's hair.

It great to see princess Margriet again(!) with this 'new' sapphire tiara! She looks lovely but it is not good visible like agami.pearl said. :(

does she and her husband always go to this event? in the US

I loved the sapphires with Princess Margriet's navy gown and blue eyes!

I can't recall seeing the upper part of the brooch before, though it must be old. Perhaps it belongs to princess Margriet personally and not to the Orange-Nassau foundation.

The gold bracelet with semi precious stones is simular to one that Máxima wears frequently.

Princess Margriet wears also een brooch on her back during prinsjesdag. Any a good photo?

Princess Margriet is wearing the laurel wreath tiara that was reportedly given to Princess Beatrix for her 18th birthday. But I can't identify the bandeau of Princess Christina, probably a necklace?

Princess Margriet was born in January 1943, so she would have been 19 in 1962. So she was probably in her 2nd year of tiara-wearing. But most pics I have of her are without date, so I don't know for sure.

The Princess knows how to wear the jewels of the Royal Vault.

I don't know when Princess Margriet has worn this tiara for the last time, but it must have been many years. The tiara shape isn't the most successful imo, but it's the only emerald tiara in the Dutch collection, and the necklace is phantastic, imo.

I don't know when Princess Margriet has worn this tiara for the last time, but it must have been many years. The tiara shape isn't the most successful imo, but it's the only emerald tiara in the Dutch collection, and the necklace is phantastic, imo.
It is much better now with the 2 emeralds on the side then it was with only the central emerald prong. But they should add 2 more then the look woul improve. Don't remeber if P. Margriet has worn the tiara already in thuis etting but she has worn the pearl setting at last once and one time without emeralds.

I have counted Margriet wearing the pearl setting of this tiara 5 times: the SV from Jordan, from Slovakia, the Stuyvesantball in 2013, the diplomatic receptions of 2014 and 2015. The pearl setting shows how much more balanced the tiara looks when it has 5 prongs.

She has worn the version with only one middle prong a few times as a young Princess, and on the pic below I think she wears it with the small prongs at the side as well. But it is difficult to see because the sides are hidden in the hair.

View image: nl marg em

The whole set is beautiful but yes the tiara not so. This tiara has only worn the Margriet?

The whole set is beautiful but yes the tiara not so. This tiara has only worn the Margriet?
No,. The tiara in the new setting with the 2 central element's restored has been worn also by Queen Máxima, and Princess Beatrix. The tiara with only one emerlad prong has been worn by Queen Juliana (also upside dwon) then Queen Beatrix and Princess Margriet. The tiara in the setting with the emeralds remvoed and replaced by pearl spike has been worn by Máxima s Princess, Princess Beatrix, Pricness Margriet and Princess Laurentien.

Thanks Stefan. Wow this tiara has many variations.

Thanks Stefan. Wow this tiara has many variations.

At the moment it is worn in 2 ways. At first the tiara had 3 emerald prongs. A central one and 2 smaller one on both sides next to the central prong. It was worn by this by a young Princess Jukliana. Soon the 2 side prongs where removed to make earrings from it. In the new setting with one cetral prong it remained for the next 60 years or so. When Williem-Alexander and Mßaxima became engaged the emeralds where removed and replaced by the pearl spikes. Apparently it was thought as a possible Wedding tiara. And later 2 small emeralds from the base where removed and placed as prongs on the sides. Since then the tiara in the emerald version has always worn with the emerald prongs and not again with only the central emerald prong.

Reactions: eya
Very pretty. As we love our Dutch because they all have access to the jewel loot!

Back
Top Bottom