Princess Margriet of the Netherlands Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
from ibl

is this tiara hers to keep or could this be Maximas tiara in the future?

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,902
Laurrentien wore this tiara at her wedding. I believe this one will only be used for the lesser 'gods' in the house of orange, so not by the queen or crownprincess...Margriet does not own tiara's , all the dutch tiara s belong to a family foundation & everybody is free to use these (officially, although I do not think it will be appreciated if Margriet will wear the huge SDtuart tiara for example..only the smaller ones)

how many tiaras has she worn during the years
is there a photo of her wearing a tiara the last time its was about a week ago

Last edited by a moderator:
Josefine said:
is there a photo of her wearing a tiara the last time its was about a week ago

Hi Josefine ... I think this is the event you are talking about. It looks like Margriet is wearing a tiara with emeralds in it (although it is pretty hard to tell). Sorry, it is the best picture I could find. The picture was taken in early May when the Governor General of Canada visited.

Attachments

• 2005 05 03 b.jpg
    2005 05 03 b.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 2,722
Josefine said:
how many tiaras has she worn during the years

Good question Josefine! It's really hard to tell. It seems that most pictures of Margriet wearing a tiara are so small, that you can't really see much of the tiara.

But anyways, here are some pics in another tiara she has worn.

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 827
  • e.jpg
    e.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 745
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 811
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 737
... and I think that this is yet another tiara (although it looks alot like the above one)

Attachments

• c f 2004 10 30 b RF.jpg
    c f 2004 10 30 b RF.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 638
  • d  2005 01 18 b.jpg
    d 2005 01 18 b.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 691
... and this is (I hope) yet another one ...

I like all of these tiaras, because they are so subdued, yet elegant

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 3,102
its the same tiara all the time :) The ears-of-wheat tiara can be worn with 2/4/6/8/10 ears I think, which explains why sometimes it is hardly visible while other times it is clearly there. I think it was onces property of Princess Wilhelmina of Orange (nee Princess of Prussia), wife of Stadholder Willem V, mother of King Willem I.

You are rioght about the emerald one. Maxima is wearing that one with pearls instead of the emeralds, but this way it is much nicer I think.

Thank you so much Marengo for clearing that up for me!

And it's nice to hear about the history of the tiara. Do you know how old it would be then? Sorry, my knowledge of the Dutch RF from previous centuries is not good. (There are just too many King Willem's & they get me all confused :confused:))

Also, does Margriet have any tiaras that are her own, or does the RF just share all of the tiaras?

Well, Princess Wilhelmina was the one who was arrested by dutch 'patriots' at Goejanverwellesluis & got so angry that after her release she urged her brother, the king of Prussia to send an army. However, a few years later, she and her family had to flee to London in fishermansboats at Scheveningen, when the french armies of Napoleon invaded The Netherlands.

Margriet doesn't own any tiara herself. Everything is in the foundation (except the peacock ruby tiara, which was given to Princess Irene by Queen Wilhelmina, before the foundation was started). She owns however some nice bracelets and earrings, as her 3 sisters, part of the broken-up Amsterdam-parure. Probably the modern jewels she is wearring are hers as well.

Margriet and some other Tiaras :)
all from http://members.lycos.nl/oranjenassau/

-1- Diamond Bandeau Tiara
-2- Drop Pearl Tiara
-3- Aquamarine Tiara
-4- Floral Motive Tiara
-5- Laurel Wreath Tiara
-6- Ears of Wreath Tiara

Last edited:
wow, thanks Her_Majesty!!!! I never knew Margriet has worn the small diamond tiara that Beatrix wears so frequently, it looks great on her. And I must say I have never seen Queen Anna's pearl spike tiara looking better then on Margriet (second picture)!

Is there a good picture of HRH Princess Margriet wearing the star-necklace as tiara?

I'm not big fan of this tiara. I like that big diamants but not in triangles.

I agree with you mims, it looks much better as a necklace, in Her_Majesty's overview, the 4th picture.

She looks lovely!!

Though I do like the ears of wheat diademe I wonder why she never wears another one at the Stuyvesant ball, it is always this one. This time not with all the 10 ears I think.

Though I do like the ears of wheat diademe I wonder why she never wears another one at the Stuyvesant ball, it is always this one. This time not with all the 10 ears I think.

Especially as this one is not ideal for Margriet as it is almost invisible in her hairdoo. it would look much better on Máxima or Laurentien.

Princess Magriet was not really beautiful when she was young.. but now she looks great and so happy..

Queen Emma's grand sapphire parure necklace/tiara

It apparently is yes,or an old frame studded with saphires.Haven´t yet seen a clear enough picture but yes,after the appearance of the Ruby Peacock parure,there´s this new edition of an old parure.Wonderfull don´t you think? :flowers:
The diadem worn by HRH Princess Margriet is the converted necklace of Queen Emma's grand saphire parure,a piece not seen for a long time,but beautifully converted into this marvel.

PPE Agency

courtesy ppe

On this wonderful site http://www.royaldutchjewels.nl/Sapphire_Parure.htm you can see a close-up showing that the prongs from the 'new' sapphire tiara are remains from the wedding gift parure which has been broken up.
I always had the impression that Princess Margriet likes to wear blue, so it is great that there is another sapphire tiara which is not exclusively worn by Queen Beatrix.

she ahs worn a lot of jewllery throgh the years how much is her own jewllery is there any items with history and will they then go to the royal foundations?

she ahs worn a lot of jewllery throgh the years how much is her own jewllery is there any items with history and will they then go to the royal foundations?

All items belong in the Royal House Historical Collection Foundation.
At least all the jewelry worn in official functions,except for the minor
jewelry like brooches,ear-jewelry and such during visits in the country.

Back
Top Bottom