Princess Margaret Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And sadly so much of her jewels were sold off after her death.

And sadly so much of her jewels were sold off after her death.

It is just the "legalized theft" which is the British inheritance tax system. When Britons buy property, they pay income tax, then stamp duty, then VAT on everything that goes into a property, then council tax, then capital gains tax and then inheritance tax. No wonder that the beneficiaries of the late Princess Margaret (and so many other not so famous Britons) have to sell off valuables to overcome these unbelievable taxes.

:ermm::sad::ohmy:

Few photos of Margaret's engagement ring:

1 2

I'm surprised there are not a lot of good photos of her ring. Based on what I can see, I like the ring. Very lovely design.

What a wonderful entire set. I am not particularly a fan of the tiara. I really hope not to have lost this set would be a shame. We'll see.

I think torquoises are wonderful but they are at their best when worn with a white gown or the same blue Princess Margaret is wearing. Exquisite. Did this set go to auction too?

Just beautiful turquoises; they epitomise "Margaret" when I picture them.

I think torquoises are wonderful but they are at their best when worn with a white gown or the same blue Princess Margaret is wearing. Exquisite. Did this set go to auction too?
No it wasn't auctioned. It's whereabouts is unknown. It could be that it si with one of Martgaret#s children or that it is back in the royal Vaults like the Lotus flower tiara.

I don't really like turquoise but this one really suited the late Princess Margaret.

I love this tiara! It is exquisite!

This is how this tiara originally lookes:
View image: persian turquoise tiara

The upper row of diamonds was removed from the koskoshnik style tiara. So it received a more 'open' look which I find quite an improvement. Imo the parure is very beautiful, and I'd love to see it again.

Kate may perhaps wear the Lotus again if she attends the State Banquet for the Chinese later this month.

One of my favorite tiaras. What wonderful that this tiara stayed in the royal family. I hope and I the Duchess to wear this tiara.

I always loved this. Especially worn bandau style.

I noticed in the Daily Mail article that there were no photos of Princess Margaret wearing the brooch,must see if I can find one.

Very elegant brooch.

I've never cared for turquoise--the only turquoise jewelry I've seen (in the US) is very heavy and clunky, set in silver and just not at all attractive IMO. But these pieces of Margaret's are exquisite. I didn't know that turquoise jewelry could be so elegant and lovely!

Because the turquoise jewelry here is often made by Native Americans (Indians) and that is their style of jewelry. And, the others made are copies of those pieces. They were not made for the effete.

ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1471836367.694022.jpg I am very interested in knowing more about the diamond necklace in this photo. Is it 2 rivière necklaces or one? Where did it come from?

It's two necklaces actually and they're pieces that have been in the Royal Family and worn especially by Queens Alexandra and Mary. Today, the 21st of Aug. would have been Margaret's 86th birthday.

Absolutely stunning!

Thank you Katrianna. Do you know if one of these 2 necklaces was sold at auction? I love the earrings. They have a similar feel to the chandelier pair that the Duchess of Cambridge wears. I know that they are not the same pair but do have a similar shape.

Back
Top Bottom