The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2019, 04:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Perhaps we could see it gracing the head of the Duchess of Cambridge at a future event?
Absolutely agree. She would look stunning in this Sapphire tiara. Unfortunately (for me) she seems to stick to the Lovers Knot.....

Old 08-01-2019, 01:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Margaret's Ruby and Diamond Flower Brooch | The Court Jeweller

I love this brooch. Very beautiful and elegant.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:24 AM
Serene Highness

Me too!!!!!!

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-01-2019, 12:54 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the fact that Princess Margaret wore the brooch for both daytime and evening events.
Old 08-01-2019, 01:28 PM
Serene Highness

So sad this was sold too.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-01-2019, 03:38 PM
Courtier

It's a lovely brooch (I like the earrings too) but I can understand why her children sold some of her jewellery & possessions because they live a very different lifestyle to their mother & they've used the money that was raised to pay taxes and make their own family's life more comfortable & secure.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
It's a lovely brooch (I like the earrings too) but I can understand why her children sold some of her jewellery & possessions because they live a very different lifestyle to their mother & they've used the money that was raised to pay taxes and make their own family's life more comfortable & secure.
I agree with you. Lovely as the brooch and some of Margaret ''s jewellery was, her children really have no use for it.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:55 PM
Serene Highness

This is one of the many splendid jewelries she has that was sold. So sad indeed.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 08-02-2019, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Princess Margaret Jewellery

I am always sad when you hear of jewels disappearing from a family collection and quite a few of Princess Margaret’s jewels seem to have been sold. Yes, I agree that it is understandable that these collections get broken up. I wonder if they are initially offered within the family at a reasonable price - I do wish the Poltimore tiara had been saved.
Here is a report in which her son talks about the sale.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...l-auction.html

Tags
jewellery, margaret, princess margaret