Princess Margaret Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the fact that Princess Margaret wore the brooch for both daytime and evening events.

It's a lovely brooch (I like the earrings too) but I can understand why her children sold some of her jewellery & possessions because they live a very different lifestyle to their mother & they've used the money that was raised to pay taxes and make their own family's life more comfortable & secure.

It's a lovely brooch (I like the earrings too) but I can understand why her children sold some of her jewellery & possessions because they live a very different lifestyle to their mother & they've used the money that was raised to pay taxes and make their own family's life more comfortable & secure.
I agree with you. Lovely as the brooch and some of Margaret ''s jewellery was, her children really have no use for it.

This is one of the many splendid jewelries she has that was sold. So sad indeed.

I am always sad when you hear of jewels disappearing from a family collection and quite a few of Princess Margaret’s jewels seem to have been sold. Yes, I agree that it is understandable that these collections get broken up. I wonder if they are initially offered within the family at a reasonable price - I do wish the Poltimore tiara had been saved.
Here is a report in which her son talks about the sale.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1539451/Viscount-Linley-defends-royal-auction.html

Her five strand pearl necklace was so stunning and it was natural pearls. For people who said why the Queen didn’t help the IHT for Princess Margaret’s family, if she paid money the headlines wouldn’t be good.

Her five strand pearl necklace was so stunning and it was natural pearls. For people who said why the Queen didn’t help the IHT for Princess Margaret’s family, if she paid money the headlines wouldn’t be good.

The choice was clearly for David and Sarah to make. They had a large inhertance from their mother, it was for them to decide what to keep and what to sell after settling the inherotance tax bill with HMRC. they clearly choose to sell a large amount of Margaret's jewellery and other chattels.

The choice was clearly for David and Sarah to make. They had a large inhertance from their mother, it was for them to decide what to keep and what to sell after settling the inherotance tax bill with HMRC. they clearly choose to sell a large amount of Margaret's jewellery and other chattels.
I know that it was their business to sell what they liked. I am simply complimenting the item

It's a stunning brooch. I wonder if her earrings were also her mother's?

It's a stunning brooch. I wonder if her earrings were also her mother's?

I think the earrings did belong to Margaret previously.

Yes, so did I. That it was sold at auction after her death by Prss Margaret’s children for over 900,000 pounds.

Interestingly, the brooch did not find favour with Margaret, and she wasn't seen wearing it.

And yet highly sentimental too,given it was a Confirmation gift from Queen Mary .

In my opinion it was a beautiful brooch!

Back
Top Bottom