Princess Margaret Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you Katrianna. Do you know if one of these 2 necklaces was sold at auction? I love the earrings. They have a similar feel to the chandelier pair that the Duchess of Cambridge wears. I know that they are not the same pair but do have a similar shape.

Margaret only possessed one single string collet necklace, which was sold at auction by her children. The second one was probably borrowed.

It's two necklaces actually and they're pieces that have been in the Royal Family and worn especially by Queens Alexandra and Mary. Today, the 21st of Aug. would have been Margaret's 86th birthday.

Me again. Is this the same 2 necklaces together? Princess Margaret looks divine. ImageUploadedByThe Royals Community1472608073.519779.jpg

I don't know why Catherine hasn't worn the tiara since then. There's two State events coming up this year, perhaps she'll give it a go again.

State Dinner for Columbia visit and annual Diplomatic Reception

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I don't know why Catherine hasn't worn the tiara since then. There's two State events coming up this year, perhaps she'll give it a go again.
The Halo tiara was loaned for an exhibition that was going on in Paris not too long after the wedding and I can't remember how long it ran. We may see the Duchess wear it again or she may have decided that the Lotus Tiara is more comfortable or to her taste.

:previous: That would be a shame. It would mean her wedding earrings which we were told at that time were made to compliment the Halo Scroll, will now just become a somewhat interesting pair of earrings.

Is the Sapphire Bandeau still with the British Royal family or was it sold off?

Most likely still with the royal family in the vaults. The Queen have lots of jewels in the collection that haven’t seen the light of day in decades. I think some may need to be reframed and cleaned. The new generation of royals can bring them out again.

Perhaps we could see it gracing the head of the Duchess of Cambridge at a future event?

Its one that I've not really noticed before but am now interested and I think it works better with the Pearls as worn by queen Mary,is it still with the BRF?

:previous:

It's not known. It's either with the Queen or with Margaret's children. If it's with Margaret's children, it wasn't put up for auction with some of Margaret's jewels after her death unless it was sold privately.
I'm betting it's in the Queen's possession.

It’s a good starter tiara. Very simple and elegant for when a senior royal lady don’t feel like dealing with the big guns at a State Opening of Parliament, State Visit, Royal Wedding or Diplomatic Corps Reception. Sadly the royals don’t go to events like the opera anymore. They used to wear their tiaras and family orders at those events back in the day.

Last edited:
One of the most beautiful tiaras of all times next to the Girls that HM wears. These are my 2 very favorite tiaras ever. Just so sad it is now gone like so many others that have disappeared in time. The workmanship and design on this one is just marvelous.

Princess Margaret wearing a huge butterfly brooch on a long necklace. I suppose it was faux but anyway it had a very brilliant sparkle.

So sad this ruby girandole earrings was sold together with other jewels of Margaret.

Back
Top Bottom