Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks good on her too.

LaRae

I feel like to be a Swedish princess is to wear a tiara with aplomb. I wonder what kind of tiara-wearing lessons they are taught and learn from birth. :D:flowers:

I feel like to be a Swedish princess is to wear a tiara with aplomb. I wonder what kind of tiara-wearing lessons they are taught and learn from birth. :D:flowers:

I always imagine how the queen of tiara wearing, aka Silvia, gives her daughters (and in-laws) lessons in tiara wearing ?

Tiaras worn by Madeleine this far

Small Aquamarine tiara (since 2000) last time worn
The Modern Fringe Tiara (since 2001)
The Four Button Tiara
The Six Button Tiara
The Connaught Diamond Tiara (since 2010)
Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara
The Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara
The Diamond Bandeau (worn once)

Photos from Gottlieb-Thott wedding:

https://www.svenskdam.se/2018/06/se-bilderna-prinsessan-madeleine-vid-basta-vaninnas-sida/

Princess Madeleine and all the bride's attendants (total of 5) were all wearing Ole Lynggaard Gipsy earrings worth US$11,700:
https://webshop.olelynggaard.com/us...h-mixed-stones-and-diamonds-tw-vs/category/2/

I'm guessing the earrings were a gift from the bride (or groom) to the attendants.

Princess Mary and Queen Maxima have also worn the Gipsy earrings but with different stones.

At Adrianne's christening, Madeleine is wearing the cameo bracelet and earrings for the first time. So happy to see her in the parure.

Last edited:
Wearing the Cameo jewellery at a relaxed summer christening was a totally wrong choice. The Cameo jewellery belongs to Nobel ceremonies, state visits and official dinners.

Completely agree. It seems to trivialize them as a sort of not too special curiosity.

Wearing the Cameo jewellery at a relaxed summer christening was a totally wrong choice. The Cameo jewellery belongs to Nobel ceremonies, state visits and official dinners.

Well, her father and brother are wearing full uniforms, so it seems like it is a special occasion. But I don't like the jewelry with the floral, floaty dress.

Not sure I agree, I think the earrings and bracelet worked well.

That said, I can see Maddy increasingly working her way the collection of jewellery hitherto largely reserved for the Queen in the current reign.

The Cameo parure should really be reserved for the Queen or future queen,Princess Madeleine has plenty of other splendid jewels at her disposal.

She should have worn the tiara at her Wedding like her mother, sisters and some of her aunts. And then the rest of the parure should be reserved for the Queen and the Crown Princess.

I don't mind her wearing the smaller pieces from the parure. And the christening of her own daughter was a big event, with orders for the men and the King's portrait for the ladies. It's not as if she wore them to the ordinary ribbon-cutting engagement.

That said, I'm glad to see at least some piece from the parure from time to time. But it's still a sore sport for me, that she didn't wear a special tiara at her wedding. Instead she chose her over-used work horse tiara. But what's done is done. I doubt that she will ever wear the cameo tiara now.

She should have worn the tiara at her Wedding like her mother, sisters and some of her aunts. And then the rest of the parure should be reserved for the Queen and the Crown Princess.

I’m glad she didn’t. But, I don’t like the cameo tiara.

As for her choosing to wear other parts of the set for the christening, apparently no one in the family saw anything wrong with it, or it wouldn’t have happened. So, I don’t see it as an issue.

I don't like the cameo set at all but was ok with it this time.

:previous: The emerald necklace is one of my favourite pieces in the Swedish collection. And I think it would look spectacular on Madeleine. Has she worn smaller emerald jewels before? I don't remember seeing any, as blue stones seem to be more to her liking, like the gorgeous aquamarines or the lovely sapphire necklace.

I'm really glad that Madeleine didn't wear the Cameo Tiara at her wedding. It will be a lovely tradition that queen Silvia, the future queen Victoria and in the future the future queen Estelle wore/hopefully will wear the Cameo Tiara at their wedding. I'm disappointed that Madeleine got to wear pieces from the Cameo parure, they should have been reserved only for queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria.

Madeleine's earrings at Polar Music Prize are diamond spike earrings in rose gold from Ebba Brahe Jewellery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkCo-nflnkA/?hl=fi&taken-by=ebbabrahejewellery

Last edited:
:previous: Yes the Modern Fringe Tiara :flowers:

No surprise. While she does wear others from time to time like the nobels, it is her go to tiara.

:previous: Yes the Modern Fringe Tiara :flowers:

No surprise. While she does wear others from time to time like the nobels, it is her go to tiara.

It is her tiara, so an obvious choice for her to use.

The tiara and earrings are a perfect match ,nice to see Princess Madeleine back at a tiara event.

It is her tiara, so an obvious choice for her to use.

It's not like the UK where they are limited to 'their tiara'. The Swedish women share most of the tiaras and we certainly have seen Madeleine in plenty of others. So it's not obvious she would automatically wear it.

It's not like the UK where they are limited to 'their tiara'. The Swedish women share most of the tiaras and we certainly have seen Madeleine in plenty of others. So it's not obvious she would automatically wear it.

You are right in that the Swedish ladies share a number of tiara's but, IMO, they rarely share ones that they own. For example, it is many years since anybody other than Maddie has been seen in the Modern Fringe, or Sofia in her wedding tiara or Victoria in Lilian's Boucheron tiara.

You are right in that the Swedish ladies share a number of tiara's but, IMO, they rarely share ones that they own. For example, it is many years since anybody other than Maddie has been seen in the Modern Fringe, or Sofia in her wedding tiara or Victoria in Lilian's Boucheron tiara.

Do you think Madeleine will leave the Modern Fringe to the Bernadotte family foundation or will it be inherited by her children ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom