Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tiara's you are referring to are all "Senior" tiaras, and at the end of the day, she is the youngest and most junior royal. I know she has worn the Connaught preciously at Victoria's wedding, but was hat not because the tiara she was supposed to wear broke on the day? This may just be a figment of my imagination, but I think I read something to that effect.
I was disappointed too. Her aunts who are also no senior royals or where it at the time of their Weddings all wore one of the more "Senior tiaras" with the only exception of Princess Margaretha who wore the traditional bridal Crown of her Wedding Church

I was disappointed too. Her aunts who are also no senior royals or where it at the time of their Weddings all wore one of the more "Senior tiaras" with the only exception of Princess Margaretha who wore the traditional bridal Crown of her Wedding Church

I think we will only see Madeleine in the Modern Fringe and the button tiara's in the future. Possibly we may see her wear the amethyst one.

The tiara's you are referring to are all "Senior" tiaras, and at the end of the day, she is the youngest and most junior royal. I know she has worn the Connaught preciously at Victoria's wedding, but was that not because the tiara she was supposed to wear broke on the day? This may just be a figment of my imagination, but I think I read something to that effect.
We don't know if her planned tiara broke at Victoria's wedding. That is just a speculation that has come up on the net because of the strangely wrong information posted on the court website. There might have been other reasons for that mistake.
There has been speculation, that Madeleine chose the modern fringe, because she didn't want to wear the tara which she had planned for her wedding with Jonas. As I said, it's just speculation because noone will ever tell us what really lead to the decision.

at Queen Silvia birthday gala she wore the engagement earings with the aquamarine stone

she also wore the rose spray brpsch and 2 diamond reviere necklace in her hair at tiara events

I think Madeleine rocked the Connaught Diamond Tiara at Victoria's wedding! That look was iconic!

I think Madeleine rocked the Connaught Diamond Tiara at Victoria's wedding! That look was iconic!

I think quite the opposite. Madeleine's awful hairdo ruined totally the look and the Connaught tiara wasn't very well placed on her head.
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Madeleine+Wedding+Crown+Princess+Lq3AkqjwEJEx.jpg
That look was certainly something! It was the worst case of hair streaking I have ever seen. She looked like she was styling a striped version of blonde hair.

The iconic Connaught tiara was totally lost in the stripes!

At nobel 2014 Madeleine wore the modern fringe tiara and part of the amethyst set

I actually was bored by seeing this tiara again. It's beautiful and suits her well, but she wears it all the time. At least for the big events like the first Nobel night she could wear something else. This one would be perfect for the King's dinner tonight. I wonder if Madeleine will wear it two nights in a row?

The tiara's you are referring to are all "Senior" tiaras, and at the end of the day, she is the youngest and most junior royal. I know she has worn the Connaught preciously at Victoria's wedding, but was hat not because the tiara she was supposed to wear broke on the day? This may just be a figment of my imagination, but I think I read something to that effect.
I am interested to know where the story of the broken tiara came from. The only time I have heard of that was when Princess Elisabeth's fringe tiara broke and had to be soldered together on her wedding day, which is why it looks slightly "off" in the photos.

Princess Madeleine Jewellery

I am interested to know where the story of the broken tiara came from. The only time I have heard of that was when Princess Elisabeth's fringe tiara broke and had to be soldered together on her wedding day, which is why it looks slightly "off" in the photos.

It was a story circling around in the swedish medias. Don't know if it had any substance. But i agree with them that her hairstyle that day was not well matched to the connaught tiara but could have matched the modern fringe tiara or baden fringe tiara much better wich was not in use that day.
But i doubt that rumour is true until someone can prove it.

Last edited:
Princess Madeleine Jewellery

It was a story circling around in the swedish medias. Don't know if it had any substance. But i agree with them that her hairstyle that day was not well matched to the connaught tiara but could have matched the modern fringe tiara or baden fringe tiara much better wich was not in use that day.
But i doubt that rumour is true until someone can prove it.

You can see that the wrapping of the base of the tiara wasn't matched to Madeleines hair colour which could indicate that a last minute switch had happened.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I actually was bored by seeing this tiara again. It's beautiful and suits her well, but she wears it all the time. At least for the big events like the first Nobel night she could wear something else. This one would be perfect for the King's dinner tonight. I wonder if Madeleine will wear it two nights in a row?

Won't be surprised if she wears it tonight too. As she wears it so often, i belive this tiara is a gift to her from her parents so i think she will wear it to most tiara occasions in the future like Christina almost always had her private tiara on before it was stolen.

Won't be surprised if she wears it tonight too. As she wears it so often, i belive this tiara is a gift to her from her parents so i think she will wear it to most tiara occasions in the future like Christina almost always had her private tiara on before it was stolen.
That's is also my thought that the modern fringe tiara will noew become even more then before madeöein's standard tiara and only fors special occasions (like Weddings etc) she will wear something from the Vaults.

Often the court website calls it a private tiara. But in 2012 the wrote:
Princess Madeleine wore a dark grey lace gown. This was accompanied with her own tiara.
Link for 2012:The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I may be a mistake, as the site has made mistakes before. But still I do think that it's now Madeleine's tiara. And it's a good choice as a gift for her: the tiara has not such a historical value as to make it a big loss if it moves down the sideline of the family. On the other hand it has a decent size without being a grand tiara, it's beautiful, wearable, colour-neutral and versatile. So future generations can wear it as necklace when they have no need for a tiara.

Still: Princess Madeleine is allowed to borrow from the Royal jewel collection, and I'd love so see her with other tiaras for the grand events like the Nobels.

On the other hand, this was her first tiara event after her wedding. It might have been a case of wedding nostalgia;).

Silvia has worn the tiara during the past years and victoria wore it as a necklace
i still think that silvia or the king owns the tiara but Madeleine likes it and maybe she thinks its a easy tiara to wear

Last edited:
Dearest HRH-
Can we please arrange a day for me to come see those earrings in person? - Rose

Silvia has worn the tiara during the past years and victoria wore it as a necklace i still things that silvia or the kings owns the tiara but Madeleine likes it and she maybe things its a East tiara to wear

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been years since Silvia last wore it as a tiara? The last time I remember was Margrethe's birthday in 2010. And goodness knows I can't remember the last time Vickan wore it as a necklace, but it's been a while, no?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been years since Silvia last wore it as a tiara? The last time I remember was Margrethe's birthday in 2010. And goodness knows I can't remember the last time Vickan wore it as a necklace, but it's been a while, no?
Silvia hasn't worn the tiara very often, and the last time indeed was in 2010. And I have only one picture of the Crown Princess wearing it as a necklace. She looks very young in that picture, so I guess that was about 10 years ago. On the other hand Madeleine has worn it more than 20 times. Whether she owns it or not, but it's certainly her signature tiara.

Silvia hasn't worn the tiara very often, and the last time indeed was in 2010. And I have only one picture of the Crown Princess wearing it as a necklace. She looks very young in that picture, so I guess that was about 10 years ago. On the other hand Madeleine has worn it more than 20 times. Whether she owns it or not, but it's certainly her signature tiara.

oh yes, now I remember. Vickan wore it December 2002 for the 25th anniversary of the Childhood Foundation.

Princess 'Victoria of Sweden' party of the 25th anniversary of the... News Photo 163344642 | Getty Images

As for Silvia, I think i only have maybe 5 or so pictures of her in the tiara. It's never been one she's worn a lot, which makes sense considering how many tiaras she has at her disposal.

Madeleine wore the Modern Fringe Tiara again, with I assume, her wedding earrings:

Pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom