Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where does it say that?
All I can find is.
Yesterday I copied this text from their website:
Princess Madeleine is wearing her own tiara and as a necklace she is wearing what is known as the processional jewels (intågssmycket). The piece was given to the newly named Swedish Crown Princess Victoria for her procession into Stockholm following her wedding in Karlsruhe in 1881. Victoria was given the necklace by her husband, Crown Prince Gustaf (V). The necklace is made of Ceylon sapphires, baroque pearls and diamonds.
Today the info about the tiara is gone, but they didn't replace it with any information of the tiara she really wore. Really strange, how the PR dep. is working over there!
By the way, the wrong information about P. Margaretha wearing the Baden fringe tiara is still there: The King's sisters' jewellery - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I wouldn't normally have liked it, but this tiara looked beautiful on Madeleine yesterday. Amazing earrings and necklace!!! :))

Im so glad she got to wear that tiara. She looked wonderful with it;better than her mom and sister I think.

I also was surprised to read that it was "her own" tiara, and I wondered if maybe it was an engagement gift from her parents? I also noticed she was wearing the earrings to the concert that I've seen on Queen Silvia when she wore the Forget-me-not Tiara. Also an E gift?

Details of her jewels at Royal Wedding. (info from royal court)

Princess Madeleine is wearing what is known as the processional jewels (intågssmycket). The piece was given to the newly named Swedish Crown Princess Victoria for her procession into Stockholm following her wedding in Karlsruhe in 1881. Victoria was given the necklace by her husband, Crown Prince Gustaf (V). The necklace is made of Ceylon sapphires, baroque pearls and diamonds.

http://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24377_madtiara_122_553lo.jpg
http://img267.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24395_caven_122_159lo.jpg
http://img270.imagevenue.com/img.ph...leine_of_sweden_wedding_052_122_122_394lo.jpg
http://img231.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24408_medkpe_122_68lo.jpg
http://img150.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=24419_medneck_122_227lo.jpg

OH My Gosh, Bonbon, thanks for the beautiful photos. I always liked

this tiara, but seeing it with this detail, It is breathtaking!!:D

and this is what the color of Ceylon sapphires is supposed to be, just really

magnificent!

The first version of the official press release about the tiara being worn by Princess Madeleine being 'hers' was complete nonsense.
Nothing but typically sloppy Bernadotte press & info department work.
Today, they corrected the mistake and put up the correct text about the Connaught diamond tiara worn by Madeleine in the Swedish version of the press release, but didn't bother to correct the English version, where the tiara part was simply deleted.

The Vasa earrings worn by Princess Madeleine to the concert are not connected to the Connaught tiara and have been worn by Victoria as well, since they are part of the 'pool' of jewels which all three royal ladies share.
Nothing to do with 'engagement gifts' etc. -

I thought Madeleine looked amazing at her sister's wedding. The tiara, the necklace, the earrings, the dress.....everything. She looked stunning, although she's seldom made a wrong turn when it comes to formal dress.

Madeleine looked beautiful at the wedding. Simply stunning. Only issue, I wish they would have covered the base of the tiara with something that matched Madeleine's hair better. Still wrapped in the material to match Q. Silvia's hair.

I don't think it was material to match Silvia's hair, I think that is just the material that has always been on the tiara.

I don't think it was material to match Silvia's hair, I think that is just the material that has always been on the tiara.
No, it hasn't.
All the bases of the Bernadotte tiaras are covered with velvet in the hair color of their most frequent wearer.
When Queen Silvia first wore the Connaught tiara for her pre-wedding concert, the base was still covered in light grey velvet to match the late Princess Sibyllas grey hair (which looked particularly odd). After the wedding, it was changed to dark brown to blend in with Silvia's hair color.

Another example: The Baden Fringe tiara had a grey base to match the white hair of Princess Lilian, who had always worn it most frequently. When CP Victoria started to wear it, she first wore it with that grey base, until it was changed to her own hair color a few years ago.

^ Interesting information. ;) I would have removed it no matter how beautiful it is.
Does anyone know if she returned the engagement ring?

I love the sapphiers, has it ever been worn as a Tiara?
No this necklace has never been worn as a tiara - it doesn´t have a frame to put it on so that you can wear it as a tiara - even though it would be interesting to see the result :)

How do they know for sure that the bracelet was from him. Alot of people wear these for many different reasons.

How do they know for sure that the bracelet was from him. Alot of people wear these for many different reasons.
I guess you're referring to the Cartier Love Bracelet and a certain ex-fiancé called Bergström?
Everyone just took it for granted that the bracelet must have been a gift from him as it appeared for the first time shortly before the announcement of the engagement. But you're correct - there's no proof of this, and the fact that Princess Madeleine continues to wear it indeed indicates that there might be no connection to him.
Queen Silvia has been wearing her Cartier Love Bracelet (in yellow gold) on a daily basis for thirty years now, so perhaps there's rather a mother-daughter symbolism.

Queen Silvia has been wearing her Cartier Love Bracelet (in yellow gold) on a daily basis for thirty years now, so perhaps there's rather a mother-daughter symbolism.

Boris a good observation. Maybe Princess Madeline got the bracelet from her parents.:flowers:

I recall reading somewhere on this forum something about Victoria and Daniel having them (they are wearing them in the pictures of their honeymoon) and Daniel wearing his on his wedding day (can't for the life of me find the post). Maybe it's a thing for the whole family? Maybe they started a family tradition of getting them when they get engaged? Maybe it ended up the other way around (Madeleine gave Jonas one)? Maybe I can stop starting sentences off with 'Maybe'?

Maybe I can stop starting sentences off with 'Maybe'?
:lol:
...and maybe you're mixing up bracelets.
Victoria and Daniel have been wearing identical bracelets for a few years now, but not the Cartier Love bracelet.
They're rather bold, wide and masculine-looking bangle bracelets (actually a bit handcuff-like...), so there's no 'Cartier Bracelet' tradition in the whole family.
If Princess Madeleine's bracelet would have disappeared along with the engagement ring, the issue would be clear, but by now I'm leaning towards thinking that it has nothing to do with Mr. Jonas B. at all.

Well, my point was, if she really wants to get rid of the Cartier Love bracelet, she can give it to me.:p:dizzy:

Victoria and Daniel have been wearing identical bracelets for a few years now, but not the Cartier Love bracelet.

Thank you. I thought they were to bulky to be Cartier Love bracelets which is why I tried to find the post in the first place.

It could be that she still wears the bracelet even if it is from him because she likes it. It has happened before. From time to time I wear a ring my ex gave me.

madeleine has now worn 7 different "tiaras"

Aquarius tiara
queen silvias fringe tiara
6 button tiara
4 button tiara
2 row Diamond Rivières as a tiara
Bernadotte diamond rose as a hair ornament at a tiara event
Connaught tiara

here is a gathering of madeleines nobel jewllery and dresses 2000 - 2005

here you go 7 tiaras/hair ornament worn by Madeleine
Imageshack - princessmadeleinstiaras.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You are right, and it was quite hidden at the back of her head. Still, I liked the look very much and thought I might post it.
Both Madeleine and Victoria lately started to wear "non-tiara-jewels" in their hair: several brooches and also the diamond necklace which both princesses have worn. I hope they will continue this trend!

i do like it also victoria wore it at her photo with daniel with the white and black dress

Does anyone have a close-up of Madeleine´s watch?Or do you know which brand it is?

^ I liked the gold earrings, but I'd rather wear them with jeans and a nice top, not with a gown. The top part of this particular gown is a jewel itself, IMO, and thus such large and impressive gold earrings were unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom