The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-11-2018, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

The emerald necklace is one of my favourite pieces in the Swedish collection. And I think it would look spectacular on Madeleine. Has she worn smaller emerald jewels before? I don't remember seeing any, as blue stones seem to be more to her liking, like the gorgeous aquamarines or the lovely sapphire necklace.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
She should have worn the tiara at her Wedding like her mother, sisters and some of her aunts. And then the rest of the parure should be reserved for the Queen and the Crown Princess.
I'm really glad that Madeleine didn't wear the Cameo Tiara at her wedding. It will be a lovely tradition that queen Silvia, the future queen Victoria and in the future the future queen Estelle wore/hopefully will wear the Cameo Tiara at their wedding. I'm disappointed that Madeleine got to wear pieces from the Cameo parure, they should have been reserved only for queen Silvia and crown princess Victoria.

Madeleine's earrings at Polar Music Prize are diamond spike earrings in rose gold from Ebba Brahe Jewellery
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkCo-nfl...brahejewellery

Old 03-13-2019, 12:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Swedish Aquamarine Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

I dislike the design of this tiara.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
The Swedish Aquamarine Bandeau | The Court Jeweller

I dislike the design of this tiara.
I really think Madelaine has outgrown this tiara - although it is a nice starter one.... however Aquas are really her stones, so the Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshnik on Pr. M. is to die for....

The Swedish Aquamarine Kokoshnik | The Court Jeweller
Old 06-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Madeleine wore her wedding tiara for the South Korean state banquet on June 14:
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=dlohjaom
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...25&oe=5D87935F
Old 06-16-2019, 12:44 AM
Imperial Majesty

Yes the Modern Fringe Tiara

No surprise. While she does wear others from time to time like the nobels, it is her go to tiara.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:49 AM
Courtier

The earrings are gorgeous.
Old 06-16-2019, 04:57 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Yes the Modern Fringe Tiara

No surprise. While she does wear others from time to time like the nobels, it is her go to tiara.
It is her tiara, so an obvious choice for her to use.
Old 06-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The tiara and earrings are a perfect match ,nice to see Princess Madeleine back at a tiara event.

8th of October 1515 ; Birth of The Lady Margaret Douglas, Countess of Lennox
Old 06-17-2019, 08:42 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
It is her tiara, so an obvious choice for her to use.
It's not like the UK where they are limited to 'their tiara'. The Swedish women share most of the tiaras and we certainly have seen Madeleine in plenty of others. So it's not obvious she would automatically wear it.
Old 06-17-2019, 08:59 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It's not like the UK where they are limited to 'their tiara'. The Swedish women share most of the tiaras and we certainly have seen Madeleine in plenty of others. So it's not obvious she would automatically wear it.
You are right in that the Swedish ladies share a number of tiara's but, IMO, they rarely share ones that they own. For example, it is many years since anybody other than Maddie has been seen in the Modern Fringe, or Sofia in her wedding tiara or Victoria in Lilian's Boucheron tiara.
Old 06-17-2019, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
You are right in that the Swedish ladies share a number of tiara's but, IMO, they rarely share ones that they own. For example, it is many years since anybody other than Maddie has been seen in the Modern Fringe, or Sofia in her wedding tiara or Victoria in Lilian's Boucheron tiara.

Do you think Madeleine will leave the Modern Fringe to the Bernadotte family foundation or will it be inherited by her children ?
Old 06-17-2019, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Do you think Madeleine will leave the Modern Fringe to the Bernadotte family foundation or will it be inherited by her children ?
I think Madeleine will be wise to let the monarch of the day purchase it off her, so that it returns to the SRF. It will then be up to the monarch of the day to decide if it remains privately own, or by the foundation. I suspect a similar arrangement has been arrived at for the Aquamarine tiara that Madeleine (and Victoria) wore in recent years.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Madeleine's Modern Fringe Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. I find it very beautiful and elegant.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:31 AM
Serene Highness

Many were shocked when Madeleine wore this tiara on her wedding day instead of the Cameo Tiara.

Beautiful Fringe tiara.

The Royal Fly®️
Old 07-30-2019, 03:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Larisa View Post
Princess Madeleine wore her wedding tiara for the South Korean state banquet on June 14:
https://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:...c0a&m=dlohjaom
https://scontent-arn2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...25&oe=5D87935F
Can I just say she absolutely looked stunning that evening? Tiara, earrings and dress - for me perfection.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Many were shocked when Madeleine wore this tiara on her wedding day instead of the Cameo Tiara.

Beautiful Fringe tiara.
The Modern Fringe suits Madeleine in a way it suits none other in the family and I believe that is why the King and Queen gifted it to her as that was the tiara she tended to wear the most and she knew that she didn't have the gravitas to carry off the somewhat daunting Cameo Tiara.

When Victoria wore it for her wedding you could see a glimpse of the queen she will become whereas when Madeleine wore the Modern Fringe she epitomised the fairytale Princess from the tip of her delicate tiara to the toes of her amazing shoes and she knew she looked exactly who she wanted to be.

Tags
jewellery, princess madeleine