The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

What a lovely tiara on Madeleine. I love the earrings as well. Great Noble look from Madeleine

Old 12-10-2015, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Soo... this is a mystery. It is strange that Madeleine would borrow from her aunt when her parents have a whole vault full of tiaras and she even has her own tiara? It was more understandable that Christina borrowed it because her own tiara was stolen.
As the tiara is in Sweden and Madeleine perhaps likes aquamarines, it's not that strange if she asked to borrow the tiara, especially as it compiments her dress.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

If the tiara is rarely used by her aunt and is sitting in the Palace vault why is it so strange that rather than sit there it is used for a tiara event? I guess Margaretha has little use for a tiara so is possibly happier to see her family use it when attending events needing a tiara.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:23 PM
Serene Highness

I love Madeleine in the aquamarine tiara! It's actually the best I've ever seen it worn. I didn't realize just how beautiful it is before tonight. I hope to see her where it again in the future.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:14 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
If the tiara is rarely used by her aunt and is sitting in the Palace vault why is it so strange that rather than sit there it is used for a tiara event? I guess Margaretha has little use for a tiara so is possibly happier to see her family use it when attending events needing a tiara.
The point is though that the Aquamarine tiara is privately owned by Princess Margaretha , rather than being part of the Bernadotte family foundation. Whereas foundation jewels are shared among royal family members, privately-owned jewels usually are not. In fact, I find it odd that Madeleine would even ask her aunt to borrow her tiara.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:50 PM
Aristocracy

Maybe they have a closer relationship that isn't for public consumption and so she felt comfortable asking her aunt. And having a beautiful niece with gorgeous blue eyes and a tiara sitting around getting maybe, dusty, time to bring it out and show the world just how beautiful the niece and tiara look together. I had very close relationships with 2 aunts that to this day even though they are gone, they hold places in my heart that will never go away. Maybe they have the same close relationship. We really don't know all
Old 12-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
For a long time there have been a lot of speculations about the King having bought it back. But sometime after she has worn it this year, Princess Christina has told a journalist that the tiara is still owned by her sister Margareta. But it is kept in Sweden at the palace and Christina borrowed it from Margareta.

Sooo... this is a mystery. It is strange that Madeleine would borrow from her aunt when her parents have a whole vault full of tiaras and she even has her own tiara? It was more understandable that Christina borrowed it because her own tiara was stolen.
Hmm, I agree it is a mystery however, the Order of Sartorial Splendour dated March 2013 references that Madeleine had recently borrowed it from her Aunt.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:41 AM
Majesty

okay this tiara was a suprice, a nice suprice
And we see Princess Lilians ring again

tiaras worn by madeleine
* aquamarine tiara first worn 2000
* Modern fringe tiara
* 6 button tiara
* reviere tiara first worn 2009
* 4 button tiara first worn 2009
* Connught tiara first worn 2010
* Queen Josephine's Amethyst Tiara. first worn 2012
* Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara first worn 2015
Old 12-11-2015, 06:16 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post

tiaras worn by madeleine
* Modern fringe tiara
* 6 button tiara

oh. i didn't recognized the ring of princess lilian. in which picture did you spot it?
Old 12-11-2015, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Aquamarine tiara was a pleasant surprise and it looked stunning on Princess Madeleine last night.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Hmm, I agree it is a mystery however, the Order of Sartorial Splendour dated March 2013 references that Madeleine had recently borrowed it from her Aunt.
I think that must be an updated because this is the first time that Madeleine has worn it.
Quote:

[...]
I haven't found a good pic of Madeleine with that ring, but I saw a bright blue flash on the screen when she moved her hands. That ring has some substancial glitter.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:09 AM
Nobility

The Modern Fringe tiara that Madeleine often wears is also a private tiara. On the one hand Madeleine has lots to choose from from the royal vault, on the other hand she's been wearing tiaras for over ten years and it is not as if between Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine and the Hagasessorna we have not been exposed to what's in the vault. It is plausible to me that Princess Margaretha sold the Aquamarine Kokoshnik Tiara to her brother, but it is also believable that Princess Margaretha still owns it and Princess Madeleine thought that tiara was the best match for the occasion and her ensemble. Why would Princess Margaretha choose to store the tiara in Sweden if it was not meant to be "borrowed"?
Old 12-11-2015, 08:40 AM
Majesty

Margartha also have worn togather with the tiara other aquamarines items
if the tiara was sold back to the royal family i would love to see the larger brosch go with it
Old 12-11-2015, 01:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Someone on Tumblr had a closeup of the large aquamarine ring left to her by Princess Lilian

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...agxo1_1280.png

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...sagxo3_500.png
Old 12-11-2015, 01:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

That is one very large impressive ring of Lillian's - nice to see the next generation wearing them

Old 12-11-2015, 01:58 PM
Royal Highness

I was never keen on the Aquamarine Kokoshnik tiara but on someone with darker hair (and younger) it is really gorgeous.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:52 PM
Gentry

At the king's dinner today Madeleine wore her own private fringe tiara and it looks like a pair of pearl earrings and a wide diamond bracelet. I love her 1930's waves in the hair today!

If anyone can post closeups of the earrings and bracelet it would be nice.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingrid Cecilia View Post
At the king's dinner today Madeleine wore her own private fringe tiara and it looks like a pair of pearl earrings and a wide diamond bracelet. I love her 1930's waves in the hair today!

If anyone can post closeups of the earrings and bracelet it would be nice.
first picture, close ups to follow
http://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/u...2015/12/83.png
Old 12-11-2015, 04:59 PM
Gentry

Quote:

tiaras worn by madeleine
* Modern fringe tiara
* 6 button tiara
The first time Madeleine wore the fringe tiara was at Haakon's and Mette-Marit's wedding in 2001.

I do find it strange that people choose to call it the "modern" fringe when it in my opinion is a quite typical antique fringe tiara/necklace from around 1900. It would be interesting to read your opinions about it. I know desinformation spread on the internet but Swedish magazines and papers always say that this tiara was Madeleine's 18th birthday present from her parents.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:08 PM
Majesty

Madeleine had 4 tiara appearances of 2015:

1 2 3 4

Tags
jewellery, princess madeleine