The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I actually was bored by seeing this tiara again. It's beautiful and suits her well, but she wears it all the time. At least for the big events like the first Nobel night she could wear something else. This one would be perfect for the King's dinner tonight. I wonder if Madeleine will wear it two nights in a row?

Won't be surprised if she wears it tonight too. As she wears it so often, i belive this tiara is a gift to her from her parents so i think she will wear it to most tiara occasions in the future like Christina almost always had her private tiara on before it was stolen.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Rickard View Post
Won't be surprised if she wears it tonight too. As she wears it so often, i belive this tiara is a gift to her from her parents so i think she will wear it to most tiara occasions in the future like Christina almost always had her private tiara on before it was stolen.
That's is also my thought that the modern fringe tiara will noew become even more then before madeöein's standard tiara and only fors special occasions (like Weddings etc) she will wear something from the Vaults.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Often the court website calls it a private tiara. But in 2012 the wrote:
Quote:
Princess Madeleine wore a dark grey lace gown. This was accompanied with her own tiara.
Link for 2012:The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

I may be a mistake, as the site has made mistakes before. But still I do think that it's now Madeleine's tiara. And it's a good choice as a gift for her: the tiara has not such a historical value as to make it a big loss if it moves down the sideline of the family. On the other hand it has a decent size without being a grand tiara, it's beautiful, wearable, colour-neutral and versatile. So future generations can wear it as necklace when they have no need for a tiara.

Still: Princess Madeleine is allowed to borrow from the Royal jewel collection, and I'd love so see her with other tiaras for the grand events like the Nobels.

On the other hand, this was her first tiara event after her wedding. It might have been a case of wedding nostalgia.
Old 12-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Majesty

Silvia has worn the tiara during the past years and victoria wore it as a necklace
i still think that silvia or the king owns the tiara but Madeleine likes it and maybe she thinks its a easy tiara to wear
Old 12-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Dearest HRH-
Can we please arrange a day for me to come see those earrings in person? - Rose
Old 12-11-2014, 01:20 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
Silvia has worn the tiara during the past years and victoria wore it as a necklace i still things that silvia or the kings owns the tiara but Madeleine likes it and she maybe things its a East tiara to wear
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been years since Silvia last wore it as a tiara? The last time I remember was Margrethe's birthday in 2010. And goodness knows I can't remember the last time Vickan wore it as a necklace, but it's been a while, no?
Old 12-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't it been years since Silvia last wore it as a tiara? The last time I remember was Margrethe's birthday in 2010. And goodness knows I can't remember the last time Vickan wore it as a necklace, but it's been a while, no?
Silvia hasn't worn the tiara very often, and the last time indeed was in 2010. And I have only one picture of the Crown Princess wearing it as a necklace. She looks very young in that picture, so I guess that was about 10 years ago. On the other hand Madeleine has worn it more than 20 times. Whether she owns it or not, but it's certainly her signature tiara.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Silvia hasn't worn the tiara very often, and the last time indeed was in 2010. And I have only one picture of the Crown Princess wearing it as a necklace. She looks very young in that picture, so I guess that was about 10 years ago. On the other hand Madeleine has worn it more than 20 times. Whether she owns it or not, but it's certainly her signature tiara.
oh yes, now I remember. Vickan wore it December 2002 for the 25th anniversary of the Childhood Foundation.

Princess 'Victoria of Sweden' party of the 25th anniversary of the... News Photo 163344642 | Getty Images

As for Silvia, I think i only have maybe 5 or so pictures of her in the tiara. It's never been one she's worn a lot, which makes sense considering how many tiaras she has at her disposal.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria wore the Modern Fringe tiara as a necklace in December 2002 in Versailes. It is the only time I remember her wearing it.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...=5160960&pos=8
Old 12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Majesty

Madeleine wore the Modern Fringe Tiara again, with I assume, her wedding earrings:

Pic
Old 12-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Majesty

I think its the Vasa earings
Old 12-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
I think its the Vasa earings
Yes she has. It is a pity that her hairdo doesn't suit with the tiara at all. The tiara is too up at her head.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 12-11-2014, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Yes she has. It is a pity that her hairdo doesn't suit with the tiara at all. The tiara is too up at her head.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
I agree on both points. The tiara looked much better on the first night when it was placed it it's best and with much better tiara hair.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

She really is one of the prettiest royal ladies out there. And a class act as well.
Old 12-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Majesty

Madeleine's tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

I love this tiara but I would love if she wore something else. Like the large Cut Steel tiara, the amethyst tiara, or the Baden Fringe tiara. The King's sisters and Lilian have worn the tiara, I think Madeleine should wear it too. I'm glad however that she rarely wears the button tiaras.
Old 12-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Madeleine's tiara appearances of 2014:

1 2

I love this tiara but I would love if she wore something else. Like the large Cut Steel tiara, the amethyst tiara, or the Baden Fringe tiara. The King's sisters and Lilian have worn the tiara, I think Madeleine should wear it too. I'm glad however that she rarely wears the button tiaras.
I think that the court has as a policy that in the crown princess's generation only the crown princess wears the Baden Fringe Tiara.
Old 12-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Majesty

I am not absolutely sure but here is what I assume all the times Madeleine wore the 2 button tiaras:

1 2 3

Even though I sometimes tire of Madeleine wearing the Modern Fringe Tiara all the time, I am so happy she rarely wears the button tiaras. Nevertheless, I love all of the hairstyles, especially the hairstyle in the third photo.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:06 AM
Majesty

There's a possibility that I'm missing a few, but here are all the times Madeleine has worn a tiara:

18th Birthday Tiara:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Diamond Bandeau:

Four Button Tiara:

Six Button Tiara:

1 2

Connaught Tiara:

Queen Josephine Amethyst Tiara:

Modern Fringe Tiara:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 01-05-2015, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
There's a possibility that I'm missing a few, but here are all the times Madeleine has worn a tiara:

18th Birthday Tiara:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Diamond Bandeau:

Four Button Tiara:

Six Button Tiara:

1 2

Connaught Tiara:

Queen Josephine Amethyst Tiara:

Modern Fringe Tiara:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
a lot of your links don't work.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 AM
Imperial Majesty

The court describes at the articles of 2014 Nobel events the Modern Fringe tiara as "her own tiara".
The Royal Family attend the Nobel Banquet - Sveriges Kungahus
The King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates - Sveriges Kungahus

Tags
jewellery, princess madeleine