Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the pictures without the diamond base are older than the ones with the diamond frame so instead of either choosing to wear it with or without the diamonds I think they have just upgraded the frame to a diamond one but I may be wrong.

It looks like the pictures without the diamond base are older than the ones with the diamond frame so instead of either choosing to wear it with or without the diamonds I think they have just upgraded the frame to a diamond one but I may be wrong.

The photos I posted were in time order from the newest to the oldest.
This second photo I posted (without the diamonds on the base) is from 2011 at Albert's and Charlene's wedding. Madeleine had had diamonds on the bases many times before that.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The diamond base was already used when Queen Silvia wore the tiara in 1991 at CP Hakon's 18th Birthday. The last time I have seen it without the diamond base was when Madeleine wore it at a representation dinner in 2012.

Off topic....Madeline is so gorgeous!

Its really great to see those earrings once again. I suspect they must be quite heavy to wear but they look amazing.

:previous: Certainly not the most light weight looking pieces, but the earrings are stunning and happy to see them worn.

Great to see them on Madeleine, i thought they were a gift for victoria first, then there were the black and white photo we got to see the earings in a large jewllery box

The earrings are diamond epaulettes, the decorative shoulder pieces on military uniforms. They would date prior to the 1930's for their original use.

I wonder that because this is a privately owned piece and not part of the Bernadotte collection if this is a piece that Madeleine will eventually inherit? She seems to favour this tiara more than any other member of the family. A large part of me does hope that she doesn't inherit this piece as it is one of the nicer tiaras in the family.

I wonder that because this is a privately owned piece and not part of the Bernadotte collection if this is a piece that Madeleine will eventually inherit? She seems to favour this tiara more than any other member of the family. A large part of me does hope that she doesn't inherit this piece as it is one of the nicer tiaras in the family.

Maybe I'm wrong, but sice her marriage in 2013 this tiara has been worn only by Madeleine and I presume this is her own now...

The last time that Queen Silvia has worn this tiara was in 2010 at the 70th Birthday of Queen Margrethe. And the blog has a pic of the Queen wearing it as a necklace in 2012, also in Denmark. I don't remember seeing the necklace on the Queen after that. So I reckon that you are right and Madeleine was the sole wearer of this jewel since her wedding.

Usually the court website calls it a 'private tiara', but there have been one or two occasions when they wrote the Madeleine wears 'her own tiara', and those were before she got married. Admittedly the court site sometimes make mistakes. Eg. they at first said that Madeleine wears 'her own tiara' at Victoria's wedding, when Madeleine wore the Connaught which definitely was not her own.

Personally, I believe that this is Madeleine's own tiara, and that she has owned it long before her wedding. Why shouldn't she share it with the mother, when she doesn't need it herself? But as a matter of fact, we don't have any official source saying if it's her personal property or not.

The Swedish royals have a wonderful collection, shared by all the women:flowers:

Madeleine has two personal, the cyclops looking one and her mothers modern fringe. I hope her aunt will leave the kokoshnik to her as it is privately owned, and looks stunning on Madeleine.

Of her two personal, the modern fringe is the best easily. Of the royal collection. I like the kokoshnik on her best, followed by the Connaught and then the fringe.

The only ones I don't care for are the button tiaras. Maddie looks very good in the rest of them.

She does justice to most of the jewelry she wears.

LaRae

A discussion in the Tiara & Jewels guessing thread set me off on a path where I compiled a list of all of the tiaras some of the ladies have worn for state (and official visits when called for) visits.

Here is Madeleine's.

She's used only three tiaras, the Modern Fringe and the Aquamarine Bandeau. She's worn the Modern Fringe 7 times, the Aquamarine Bandeau 3 times, and the 6-Button once.

But she also, apparently, hasn't attended a state visit dinner since 2009. With her living in London now, maybe we'll see her at one or two in the future? Or will we have to wait until she moves back to Sweden?

Last edited:
It's the second time that she wears the Connaught tiara. The first time was at Victoria's wedding 2010. It looks much better this time, imo.

Very lovely, even though I'm not convinced about her hair yet.

I've yet to see the whole bling, but although the Connaught tiara has allways looked good on her, I don't think it is so great today!

So happy to see her wear this tiara again. I love her hairstyle. She looks fantastic.

I've yet to see the whole bling, but although the Connaught tiara has allways looked good on her, I don't think it is so great today!
She has worn it only the second time today and the first time i did not look really great because it was akwardly placed and because the have not changed the brown fabric covering the base so it looked strange in Madeleine's then blond hair.
I'm actually suprised to see her wear it today and think it should ghave been left for the use of the Queen and Crown Princess and only lent out to other famly members for special occasions (like Weddings etc-)

The Connaught Tiara is placed too back on her head this time.

She has worn it only the second time today and the first time i did not look really great because it was akwardly placed and because the have not changed the brown fabric covering the base so it looked strange in Madeleine's then blond hair.
I'm actually suprised to see her wear it today and think it should ghave been left for the use of the Queen and Crown Princess and only lent out to other famly members for special occasions (like Weddings etc-)
I was surprised about too, and for the same reason. Now it seems that also Madeleine, and in the future also Sofia, have regular access to this tiara.

About the hair at her first wearing this tiara: Do you remember the awful striped hair?? The hairdresser completely messed up her highlights back then. :eek: Her hair looked lovely tonight, imo, it was similar to her hair with the aquamarine tiara last year.

Well, I was more surprised when Madeleine wore the Kokoshnik last year, to be honest. But yeah, I didn't expect the Connaught either. On a second look, it doesn't look so bad on her head. You are right: at the wedding her hari color, the middle part etc contributed to a not so great look.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom