Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was always curious how can people tell by the picture if earrings (or any other jewelry for that matter) are fake or not?
How do you indentify that?
Sometimes it's difficult indeed when you only have photo agency pics in regular size - you do need to look for high resolution pics which show the stones and the setting clearly.
When it comes to diamonds, the difference in luminescence between crystal (in this case, Princess Madeleine's scroll earrings) and diamonds (her pearl and diamond earrings) is quite obvious. Crystal will always be more 'flat' and clear and lack the depth and color spectrum of diamonds.
The other giveaway is of course the setting which always tends to be less intricate and more heavy-handed in costume jewelry.

Here is a nice collage of all the tiaras Madeleine wore to the Nobel Prizes. I think she will wear the Modern Fringe this year but, I hope she will suprise us.

Do you think there is a possibility that chris or his family would buy a family tiara for future use to their children

Nice to see a new tiara for the princess, the amthyst at tonights Nobels

The amethyst tiara has an awfully big diameter, but Madeleine found a great way to make it work for her. The colour suits her well.

Madeleine looked stunning in the amethyst parure. I'm glad she wore the necklace as two bracelets instead.

The amethysts look nice on Madeleine, but even better on Victoria.

M looks amazing. Love the amethysts on her.

I would like to see the tiara in the original necklace form

This is the first time she is wearing this tiara. Glad to see her wear something new. The amethyts are stunning but, not a fan of the tiara itself.

This is the first time she is wearing this tiara. Glad to see her wear something new. The amethyts are stunning but, not a fan of the tiara itself.
I agree that seeing Madeleine in something new was wonderful. I do have mixed feelings about this tiara. I seems to be hit or miss when the Queen wears it. I think that I'm not a huge fan of the way that Madeleine wore it. I think it's got something to do with the base and it being positioned so far back on her head.

As there were no Cameo tiara i think its a posibility it Will be Madeleines wedding tiara, but there is an other tiara event tomorrow, you Will never know what that brings us

madeleine has now worn 7 different "tiaras"

Aquarius tiara
queen silvias fringe tiara
6 button tiara
4 button tiara
2 row Diamond Rivières as a tiara
Bernadotte diamond rose as a hair ornament at a tiara event
Connaught tiara

here is a gathering of madeleines nobel jewllery and dresses 2000 - 2005

here you go 7 tiaras/hair ornament worn by Madeleine
Imageshack - princessmadeleinstiaras.jpg
We can now add the amethyst tiara

Last edited by a moderator:
As there were no Cameo tiara i think its a posibility it Will be Madeleines wedding tiara, but there is an other tiara event tomorrow, you Will never know what that brings us
I agree with you, the absence of the cameo tiara makes it even more probable as a wedding tiara for Madeleine. But let's not forget that the cameos have never been a favourite Nobel tiara for Silvia.
I hope that Madeleine will wear a proper tiara tonight, not just a brooch or necklace in her hair.

Madeleine wore the modern fringe tiara at the kings Nobel dinner

I have been wondering about one thing for a long time. On these pages you always read that the aquamarine bandeau is Madeleines private tiara whereas the fringe is still owned by queen Silvia. Where does this information come from? The reason I am wondering is that Swedish papers always say that the fringe is Madeleine's private diadem. Sometimes the say that she received it as an 18 th birthday present. The aquamarine diadem was the first one she wore in public but the papers never tell anything of its ownership.

My second question is why it is called modern. I know Silvia received it in the 80s but has it been established that is was newly created? I think it looks like a typical diadem from around 1900. What do all of you think about it? Anyway it is a very pretty diadem.

Thank you all who share your knowledge with me!

Madeleine has had three tiara appearances in 2012:

Pic Pic 2 Pic 3

The Modern Fringe tiara is a very beautiful tiara! The Amethyst tiara is not a favorite of mine but it's great to see her in something new.

Last edited:
did she not attend one of the represenation dinners 2012?

did she not attend one of the represenation dinners 2012?

There were only two representation/official dinners in 2012. Madeleine didn't attend in February, but in March she attended.

from an older post but intresting

She could always do what HRH The Princess Marie-Christine "aka Michael" of
Kent did in the 1970s: place the tiara against a black velvet and wear it a la
Russie style!

It can be taken apart and worn converted as a necklace--the "fringe" style--
and there is as lower added silver bar (usually they are made out of silver-
even if the tiara is gold , gold/silver. or platnum--the silver bar you see-
look carefully under it is another with wrapped around brown pipe cleaner--
this is to blend into the hair, and give a firm foundation to hold into hair with
long hair pins. Ah, I'm giving the secrets away....

In the 1920s alot of women would wear a tiara and return to a top jeweller like
Cartiers, VC&A, etc.: and ask them to recommission as new design and
the piece would be taken apart! so alot of beauty was lost that way....

i am not sure that would look good as this tiara as more space between the "spikes"
what do others think?

I love this tiara as a necklace. REally beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom