The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I liked how the button tiara looked like a comb in Princess Madeline's hair. The necklace looked stunning, and I just loved the earrings. Madeline really does favor diamonds, a girl after my own heart!

Old 12-12-2009, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

At yesterday's gala dinner Madeleine was the only one who didn't wear a tiara. Instead she wore the same diamond necklace in her up-do which Victoria wore last year on the same occacion and which just appeared on new official photos of Victoria. It stood out more when worn in Victoria's straight hair and somehow got lost in Madeleine's curls. And I also wonder what the message behind this is. Doesn't she like to wear tiaras, or is she forced to stand back behind the CP?
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...madeleine2.jpg
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...adeleine-3.jpg

Old 12-12-2009, 09:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

I too noticed that Princess Madeline's favor in jewelry selections lies in necklaces. This one was a show stopper, just amazing, IMO. Last night's necklace was amazing as well, it looked like vines of diamonds. Even when Madeline wears the multi strand pearl collar, it looks stunning. I personally liked the Romanesque feel of the diamond headband in her toused hair, and thought it appropriate for the event.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:02 AM
Royal Highness

I would like to see better close-up of the headband. It looks really lovely, very romantic detail. The necklace is also very pretty. She is really 'diamond girl' :)
Old 12-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

The jewels were perfection. Loved the hair with the diamonds and necklace looks great with this dress. Wonderful choices.
Old 12-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
I would like to see better close-up of the headband.
Here you go
http://lotta.svenskdam.se/wp-content...eineFrisyr.jpg

Old 12-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Courtier

Thank you very much! Her hair is beautiful and the way she arranged the diamond necklaces, exquisite. Both she and her sister make great use of the diamonds in this manner.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Majesty

a few weeks ago she ´were on royal duty and wore som fine jewllery
http://lotta.svenskdam.se/prinsessan...var-chigongen/
Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Unfortunately the one piece of jewellery that she is unlikely to be wearing again will be her lovely engagement ring!
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

So true Muriel! Does anyone think Madeleine will keep the ring? At least!

The above jewels are all fantastic! I loved her bracelets.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Probably not. I would think it in bad taste for a princess or anyone to keep a diamond ring for an ending engagement, although I know some women who were treated badly who have kept the ring and sold it!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Madeleine is one of those then... We'll hear it sooner or later.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:52 AM
Royal Highness

Better to keep it than risk it becoming some kind of souvenir sold to the highest bidder, or a sideshow attraction like the "engagement" ring Dodi gave to Princess Diana.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Swedish Wedding.
Picture details
Old 06-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
At yesterday's gala dinner Madeleine was the only one who didn't wear a tiara. Instead she wore the same diamond necklace in her up-do which Victoria wore last year on the same occacion and which just appeared on new official photos of Victoria. It stood out more when worn in Victoria's straight hair and somehow got lost in Madeleine's curls. And I also wonder what the message behind this is. Doesn't she like to wear tiaras, or is she forced to stand back behind the CP?
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...madeleine2.jpg
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/galle...adeleine-3.jpg
I didn't notice any of the royals wearing a tiara?!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I didn't notice any of the royals wearing a tiara?!
Auntie, you are quoting my comment on last December's nobel dinner when Madeleine wore a diamond bracelet in her hair while the Queen, P. Victoria and Princess Christina wore tiaras.
Of course no tiaras were worn at the pre-wedding dinner. (Unless you count the modern fringe tiara worn as necklace be P. Madeleine)
At the wedding today Madeleine looked stunning with the Connaught tiara, worn for the first time by her. Actually the royal website said that she is wearing her own tiara. Another sloppy mistake or was there a last minute change of tiaras? At least the colour of her gown would fit her own, very small aquamarine tiara.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Nobility

Wow... Madeleine looked great in the tiara and blue gown. I liked her smile in that last picture. She truly does look happy. It's nice to see her smile. Nice tiara and necklace.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Auntie, you are quoting my comment on last December's nobel dinner when Madeleine wore a diamond bracelet in her hair while the Queen, P. Victoria and Princess Christina wore tiaras.
Of course no tiaras were worn at the pre-wedding dinner. (Unless you count the modern fringe tiara worn as necklace be P. Madeleine)
At the wedding today Madeleine looked stunning with the Connaught tiara, worn for the first time by her. Actually the royal website said that she is wearing her own tiara. Another sloppy mistake or was there a last minute change of tiaras? At least the colour of her gown would fit her own, very small aquamarine tiara.
oops, sorry!
Old 06-20-2010, 06:12 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Actually the royal website said that she is wearing her own tiara. Another sloppy mistake or was there a last minute change of tiaras? At least the colour of her gown would fit her own, very small aquamarine tiara.
Where does it say that?
All I can find is.

Quote:
Princess Madeleine is wearing what is known as the processional jewels (intågssmycket). The piece was given to the newly named Swedish Crown Princess Victoria for her procession into Stockholm following her wedding in Karlsruhe in 1881. Victoria was given the necklace by her husband, Crown Prince Gustaf (V). The necklace is made of Ceylon sapphires, baroque pearls and diamonds.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:49 AM
Courtier

Something is wrong with the press release about Madeleine jewellery. They don't mention her tiara and apparently earlier (since someone posted here to have read so) they mentioned her own tiara. Does that mean she changed her mind about the tiara and the press office couldn't find a description of the Connaught?

Tags
jewellery, princess madeleine