The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Courtier

ok, not having any luck on the ring picture. If someone could enlarge the ones on the royal website, that would be very nice.

What did everyone think of Mabel's earrings? I loved how they matched the tiara so well. They look like they were almost a part of it (an extra strand). Very pretty, and very huge!

Old 04-26-2004, 10:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 26th, 2004 - 11:21 am
ahh, I have to disagree with you on the star tiara vs. mabel's. But I do agree Mabel's was lovely. Thanks for the links!
Me too! The star tiara that Maxima wore on her wedding and the one that Clotilde wore on hers are my favorites. I absolutely adored the star tiara. Mabel's was lovely as well, but Maxima definitely gets my vote. I also think that both women chose fantastic earrings to go with their tiaras. Mabel's earrings were just a perfect match.

Old 04-27-2004, 04:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 26th, 2004 - 8:45 pm
ok, not having any luck on the ring picture. If someone could enlarge the ones on the royal website, that would be very nice.

What did everyone think of Mabel's earrings? I loved how they matched the tiara so well. They look like they were almost a part of it (an extra strand). Very pretty, and very huge!
i reposted the link i had posted ealier on page 1 about the engagement rign and the earrings. the picture is not perfect, but you get an idea. looks like a band covered with small leave-like diamonds.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:48 AM
Nobility

May I just ask, does Princess Laurentine has a tiara??
I've never seen a picture of her in her white wedding gown. I really want to see her tiara. Also Princess Laurentine don't seem to have ever wore a sash since she and her other sisters-in-law apart from Maxima, have not elevated to royal or aristocratic through marriage.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

Wrong thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppy
May I just ask, does Princess Laurentine has a tiara??
I've never seen a picture of her in her white wedding gown. I really want to see her tiara. Also Princess Laurentine don't seem to have ever wore a sash since she and her other sisters-in-law apart from Maxima, have not elevated to royal or aristocratic through marriage.
Try looking at the Lauretien thread :)
Old 08-29-2004, 08:57 PM
Serene Highness

She's not a princess, correct?
Old 08-31-2004, 03:18 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbette
She's not a princess, correct?
Who?, Mabel?, mabel is Princess of Orange-Nassau, and not a princess of the netherlands.
But her wedding tiara is really beautiful. I never saw something like that. In some way the stones look like pieces of glas. Either way, the tiara is much better than the dress.
Old 04-06-2005, 07:36 AM
Majesty

many photos did not show up so here is her wedding tiara
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	2921
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	121415  
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Gentry

I have always been thinking that the wedding diademe of Mabel was just an empty frame-setting on wich they put some diamonds for that occasion. But are the diamonds used in the Mabel diademe really placed later again into the sapphire tiara???
Old 05-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Courtier

Yes, Mabel's tiara came from the diamond and sapphire tiara Queen Beatrix wears.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:44 AM
Gentry

The royal house of Oranje-Nassau seems to be very rich so couldn't it be possible to put some extra diamonds into the empty monture so that they have always that Mabel tiara instead of breaking down the Sapphire Tiara every time they wanted to wear the Mabel Tiara.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well, it is the only time Mabel wore a tiara at all, so they do not have to break it up that often.
The sapphire parure came with 3 frames. The big one is used most frequently, this frame was never seen before, since the tiara was made in the 19th century.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM
Aristocracy

Is it me or is it true that HRH Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau has NOT worn at tiara since her wedding unlike Princess Maxima and Princess Laurentien both have worn tiaras after their weddings
Old 10-30-2008, 02:07 PM
Nobility

She has worn one at the King of Norway's 70th birthday.
Old 10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebbevb View Post
Is it me or is it true that HRH Princess Mabel of Oranje-Nassau has NOT worn at tiara since her wedding unlike Princess Maxima and Princess Laurentien both have worn tiaras after their weddings
Princess maxima and Princess Laurentien also have only worn tiaras when they took part at State Banquets or at royal Events abroad. As Mabel is no member of the Royal House she will not particpate in State Banques and also not atend many Events abroad where tiaras can be worn.
Laurentien has also worn 4 or 5 times a tiara.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Aristocracy

do we have a pic of mable wearing a tiara at the King of Norway's 70th birthday ?
Old 07-19-2010, 06:11 PM
Majesty

what jewllery did she wear in sweden on the crown princess wedding?

i think it was here wedding tiara
Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Did she attend the wedding concert on June 18th? I don't recall seeing any pictures of her.

Princess Mabel at the wedding:

original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright
Old 07-27-2010, 04:29 PM
Aristocracy

Mabel, at the King of Norway's 70th birthday
http://royals.web-log.nl/photos/unca...untitled1e.jpg

Tags
jewellery, mabel, princess mabel