Princess Lilian of Sweden Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
Max at Glittering Royal Events Message Board
says that Victoria will be given the tiara taht now belongs to Lilian
Boardhost: File Not Found

Attachments

• showLayoutImage21.jpg
    showLayoutImage21.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 2,406
  • showLayoutImage43.jpg
    showLayoutImage43.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 5,996
Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know why she would give the laurel tiara to Victoria, she will have plenty of tiaras to choose from, Ive always though thatone was going to Carl Philip.

1 Big diamond necklace
2 The six button tiara, she is the only one in the family that looks nice with those hideous buttons on her head
3 Big turqouis necklace and earrings
4 The fringe tiara which Victoria usually wear now

Attachments

• DWF15-512015.jpg
    DWF15-512015.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,425
  • 0000360735-020.jpg
    0000360735-020.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1,467
  • 0000380164-010.jpg
    0000380164-010.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,871
  • 6ig00k7l_guest.jpg
    6ig00k7l_guest.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 1,967
Last edited:
so i got a hold on lilian biography
there it said thatvictoria and her looked at her diadem that lilian got from bertil and she has said to victoria it will one time be hers

but i have heard it was to be left to the one carl philip will marry
a other members has said it will be left to madeleine
wonder who will get it

Princess lilian of Sweden

Attachments

• 00000000.jpg
    00000000.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 912
  • 00000.jpg
    00000.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 899
  • 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 3,787
  • showLayoutImageh.jpg
    showLayoutImageh.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 831
  • SWEDISH_GALA_5-UKP.jpg
    SWEDISH_GALA_5-UKP.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 1,069
1. The Opening of Parliament 2005 (13 September)
posted by GrandDuchess at the swedosh forum
2. posted by Larzen at the swedosh forum

Attachments

• L2.JPG
    L2.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,552
  • Norway_in_Sweden_26-UKP.jpg
    Norway_in_Sweden_26-UKP.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,048
grandduchess11vd.jpg

nobel 2005
posted by grand duchess at the swedish forum

I found some older photos of Princess Lilian but they are not very good quality, sorry! They are from Verena's Royal Tiara Page.

1. The first one looks like it was from the 80's she' wearing a large diamond and sapphire necklace, a sapphire and diamond brooch, large diamond drop earrings and the Baden diamond fringe tiara.

2. The second looks like it is from the 70's, she's wearing the diamond Laurel Reif tiara and it looks like either a three strand pearl necklace or a three strand diamond necklace with diamond drop earrings. It is not a very good picture so I can't really tell.

I agree with whomever said Lilian looked best it in the six button tiara, I don't think anyone else can look good in it except her.

Attachments

• LilSwed4.jpg
    LilSwed4.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 5,020
  • LilSwed3.jpg
    LilSwed3.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 3,906
I don't know much about her. But from those photos she was a very beautiful woman even in her mature years. She lives in the Royal Palace too, along with her family?

Toledo said:
I don't know much about her. But from those photos she was a very beautiful woman even in her mature years. She lives in the Royal Palace too, along with her family?
Yes, she was very beautiful when she was younger. I don't have very much info to offer up on her but I do know she was born Lilian May Davies in Wales, United Kingdom and she was also married before Prince Bertil and I think that was the reason they had to wait to so long to get married. You can find a bio of her here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Lilian_of_Sweden

It may not be a very extensive one but it will give you an idea.:)

I agree Lilian looked very good at the Nobel prize awards.

It's her white, somewhat fluffy hair that makes the 6-button tiara look good on her. It makes the buttons melt in better with the hair, which it doesn't with any of the other royal ladies.

I can't understand why they don't take those 6- and 4-button tiaras and turn them into ONE grand necklace - or maybe rearrange the 10 buttons in one frame with a little lower position.

When you see the buttons close up they are very detailed and exquisite, but as satellite receivers on someone's head they just look ridiculous.

lilian has worn several necklaces that we have not seen on silvia did she get them from bertil i guess he got them from, his mother or is it the king who lent it to her and for the time she is alive she is the only one that use them

Wow, she definitly has a nice collection. Besides the Tiaras which belong to the foundation, are the rest hers privately owned? I certainly hope so, so she can inerit it to whom she likes.

i think this thread miss an very important and a wonderful piece from the princess lilian collection :This magnificent ruby, sapphire, diamond and pearls necklace.
this staning peace isGift from King Gustaf V and Queen Victoria of Sweden to their daughter-in-law Margaret of Connaught on her wedding day. Now Princess Lilian owns this wonderful jewel.you can find the story and the p-icture in this link ;http://www.royal-magazin.de/sweden/Bilder/crownprincess-margareta-

She is still a very beautiful, regal lady.

You did? Amazing.
It makes me wonder though that you are mis-spelling your own mother's name.
Princess Lilian's dressmaker for decades was London-based Elisabeth Wondrake.

thank you....my mother designed and made all those dresses and I worked with her. They were wonderful times,
Liz, Elizabeth Wondrak's daughter.

no it's Elizabeth Wondrak. Her married name was Barrett. Where did you get the spelling of her name?

You did? Amazing.
It makes me wonder though that you are mis-spelling your own mother's name.
Princess Lilian's dressmaker for decades was London-based Elisabeth Wondrake.
Actually I was with Gunilla Von Hall of Svenska Dagbladet last night. I lent her a lot of material to do an article on mummy's dresses just before she died in January 2006. It was thanks to Gunilla that I saw my mother for the last time as I live in Switzerland ans she lived in London in Belgrave Mews North. She decided to go to London to interview mummy and Princess Lilian and I accompanied her. She died shortly afterwards. My sister and I have all princess Lilians pattenrs and a huge amount of drawings and photographs. We have still not sorted them all out. Have a look at the website of my charity www.tackers.org Princess Lilian was on our honorary committee. She was such fun. My mother starting designing for her in the 50's and worked with her up until she died. I knew her all my life and my parents bought a little appartment in St Tropez that they found once when staying with Lilian and Bertil at the Villa Mirage in St Maxime. I drove past there just the other day. When I was little my freinds like to come home from school with me when Lilian and Bertil where at our house for fittings. They were always fun and would play royal when my friends went to courtsey for them. Mummy made Lilian's whole tousseau for her wedding and Lilian and Bertil had the same wedding anniversary as I do....december the 7th. Voilà....yes Elizabeth Wondrak is spelt like that and Princess Lilian used to sign her letters and cards to her 'Satin Doll'....

Elizabeth Wondrak - if I should have addressed you like an imposter which you are not, please accept my apologies and understand that there are quite a few not-too-trustworthy people around on the Internet (to put it mildly), and you never know if someone claiming a background like yours can be trustworthy or not.
The spelling of the name as "Elisabeth Wondrake" derives from the book about Queen Silvia's Nobel dresses, and I wouldn't have thought that the authors could make such a mistake...?

Having to wait for 30 years to marry!!
At least they were able to live together according to the Wikipedia.

The first post in this thread on Princess Lilian has a photo of Princess Lilian wearing a most original necklace. It cascades down with precious gems of rubies, sapphires and emeralds. The last gem is a big emerald and it is quite attractive on the Princess's green gown. I have never seen a necklace like this before. Does anyone know more about it? I hope the necklace will be passed down to the next generation of royals so we can see it more of it.:);):)

This so-called 'scarab' necklace from 1905 was a wedding gift to Crown Princess Margaret. Its exotic design has a romantic background as it refers to the first meeting of the then Margaret of Connaught and her future husband The Crown Prince of Sweden, which took place in Egypt.
After CP Margaret’s early death, it was inherited by her son Prince Bertil, who gave it to Lilian.
Like most of Princess Lilian’s personally owned jewelry, it will certainly stay with the main family branch and become a part of the Bernadotte collection one day.

Here’s a link to a page about this unique necklace (the link was posted here before but doesn’t seem to work anymore):
Crownprincess Margareta`s Necklace

All her jewellery is beautiful. It will look wonderful on Victoria and Madeline one day. :)

Don't know where to ask,but here...does anyone have a picture of Princess Lea of Belgium wearing a tiara?I am sure there must be some case when she did...maybe wearing something from Lilian...

Back
Top Bottom