Princess Lilian of Sweden Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
. . . . . I quite like the pearl choker with the diamond clasp and dangling pearl. It would be nice to see this worn again by the younger ladies.
I would have to agree, it is definitely time to see that beautiful pearl choker again. Matched with pearl drop earrings it would be terrific.

On another note, looking at the attitude of the Baden Fringe when Lilian wore it makes it look quite different.

Last edited:
:previous: I would have to agree, it is definitely time to see that beautiful pearl choker again. Matched with pearl drop earrings it would be terrific.

On another note, looking at the attitude of the Baden Fringe when Lilian wore it makes it look quite different.
I think I know what you mean about the Baden Fringe! But in a way also the 6-button tiara and the laurel tiara look special when worn by her. She had just the right way to carry them off. Victoria also wears the fringe well, but the look is completely different.

:previous: Good find! I haven't noticed this necklace before. Since it is not a substantial/important necklace, I assume that there is a very personal reason why Lilian left this one to Silvia.

I would have thougt we would see more of Lilians jewllery at this time

what Diamond bracelet did she wear on her wedding?
Maybe someone has an idé

Last edited:
Last edited:
That's indeed a lovely picture. Did they ever publish an official gala pic (with tiara etc.) during her lifetime? I can't remember having seen one before.

That's indeed a lovely picture. Did they ever publish an official gala pic (with tiara etc.) during her lifetime? I can't remember having seen one before.

There where several Gala pics of her and Prince Bertil. Don't know if also from her alone
As she is wearing no order in the new Gala pics i guess it could habe been made before the marriage.

Last edited:
There where several Gala pics of her and Prince Bertil. Don't kknow if also from her alone
As she is wearing no order in the new Gala pics i guess it could habe been made before the marriage.

Yes, it seems that the photo now at the court website was taken on the day of 11th November 1972, when Lilian and Bertil attended at the king's 90th birthday celebration at the Opera.
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdlspdb7a71_WatermarkPreview.jpg

Last edited:
Good eye, I agree that the pic is from the 1972 event. But I meant other official formal portraits, not snapshots from an event. I have never seen one before.

And iam still hopeing to see her jewllery worn by Victoria, Madeleine or Sofia

Wow, a beautiful piece. Wish someone would wear it. Love it as a bracelet!!

with sofias new turquoise drops for her tiara
i would love to see lilians turquoise jewllery in HQ photo

Lilian Craig wore the Laurel Wreath Tiara for the first time at King Gustaf VI Adolf's 90th birthday party in 1972. But it looks that she wore it as a necklace already in 1970, when she and Bertil arrived to a gala:
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

she already wore it as tiara a a few months earlier at the Wedding of Alfonso de Borbon, Duke of Anjou and Franco's granddaughters Maria del Carmen in March 1972.

Back
Top Bottom