Princess Lilian of Sweden Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At Lilian's memoirs it is said that Victoria will inherit the Laurel Wreath Tiara.
And it makes perfectly sense that she and Bertil have split up their inheritance, so that each of the siblings gets a part of it.

Its actually one necklace, that has been "folded" to form the tiara.

Thanks,I didn't know that!

The late Princess had some interesting pieces in her jewel collection!

Many of these items we have not seen for many years, i think we will see them again but it will be à few years Downs the road. But as we saw Victoria wear à brosch she got from Lilian the dag after Lilian passet away the swedish ladies maybe see wearing jewllery as à way to remember their Loved once

I never knew it was originally a necklace -it's much prettier as a necklace for sure... In my opinion.

It's unusual alright,it looks like 2 laurel wreath tiaras,I wonder if the top part could be detached?
Has to! It looks like the necklace that Bertils mother is wearing has only one strand of the wreath where as this has two?

I would like to see it as one strand as a tiara! That might be interesting! Perhaps Sofia will wear it one day, and she might see if it can be worn as one, only time will tell.

Princess Lilian has a wonderful collection of jewels.
This answers my question! She folds it and somehow holds it into her hair, so it can not be detached. It is not officially a tiara but a necklace. Thanks fir this link, it was rather informing.

what i understand this is a necklace version of princess lilians diadem
Crown Princess Margaret| Boucheron Laurier Wreath Tiara Necklace
Necklace for sure in my personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see it as anecklace instead as a tiara when we see it the next time, there are many tiaras and i think the collection needs a diamond necklace besides the revires

could lilians laurel tiara be used as a bandeau tiara and a braclet?
A laurel bandeau as Estelles first tiara and a bracelet to go with it, until then use it as a necklace.

Last edited:
These postcards a re beautiful -really love the first one!!

Beautiful pearl choker ,I prefer it without the pendant,do we know who has this been left to?

not yet

lilian had some great earings but some said they were fake

I never see Laurel Tiara as a necklace before and I think it´s so much prettier as necklace

German royal journalist and author Norbert Loh, who has always given the impression that he has very good connections to the swedish royal court, writes in his Facebook that Lilian has in her will given this necklace to Victoria. Loh has written books about queen Silvia.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...852613.-2207520000.1373177352.&type=3&theater
We will see, the swedish press hasn't written any exact details about Lilian's last will.

Norbert Loh with queen Silvia
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.328359313916114.77878.292327660852613&type=3

Last edited:
^^^Thanks for posting Madeleine's bracelet, that one has a very nice zigzag design different from Lilian's.

I think it was made public that all of Lilians jewels would go to Victoria right? I'm very glad of that, not only cause I loved Lilian and her and Victoria seemed to very close, but also because I believe Victoria is the only one besides her mother who can really pull off all of Lilians jewels. I mean, she knocked it out of the park at Mado's wedding. I was never a big fan of that tiara or necklace but they looked sublime on Victoria. I can't wait to see Victoria wear the scarab necklace, that is one of my favorite necklaces of all time.

I think it was made public that all of Lilians jewels would go to Victoria right?
No, it was written in Lilian's memoirs that the Laurel Wreath Tiara would go to Victoria, but nothing about the other jewellery Lilian owned.
The necklace Victoria wore at Madeleine's wedding, wasn't Lilian's, queen Silvia wore it at the King's Nobel dinner in December 2009, she has worn it at few other occasions too. Obviously Lilian liked the necklace, she wore it often.
Queen Silvia with the necklace
http://bildarkiv.iblbildbyra.se/fot...80A4A7C7CE3987BC3185FB4BD0C2A8B1CBC0BA&sz=800

I think it was made public that all of Lilians jewels would go to Victoria right?
I haven't heard that all of Lillians jewels were inherited by Victoria. It would be better to have a sound source for this claim. Maybe other people like Madeleine, CP and other relatives also got some pieces as souvenirs.

I was also impressed by how well Victoria looked in Lilian's jewels. I was never a fan of Lilian's jewels before, especially compared to other pieces that are and were in the Swedish Royal Family. But after seeing Victoria at Made's wedding I thought she pulled them off.

The only reason I want to see Victoria, or any other Swedish royal, in the scarab necklace is because I haven't been impressed by it before, and I would like to see if it changes my opinion to see another person wear it.

I'd like to see the scarab necklace on Victoria too. I think it could be really nice on a younger lady. Maybe not for a big event, I think it could be better for a black tie dinner, without tiara.

Princess Lilian of Swedens inheritance, the jewelry

Crown Princess Victoria
A Diadem of gold and diamonds
Crown Princess Margareta's diadem in steel, white gold and diamonds.

Queen Silvia
Pearl necklace with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.

Princess Madeleine
Heart Pendent and ring of aquamarine.

Expressen
Aftonbladet

Last edited:
Princess Lilian of Swedens inheritance, the jewelry

Crown Princess Victoria
A Diadem of gold and diamonds

Queen Silvia
Pearl necklace with rubies, emeralds and sapphires.

Princess Madeleine
Heart Pendent and ring of aquamarine.

Expressen
Aftonbladet

Expressen writes about the inheritance for Victoria
• Diamanttiara
• Diadem i guld och diamanter
Kronprinsessan Margaretas diadem i stål, vitt guld och diamanter.
=
• A diamond tiara
• A diadem of gold and diamonds

So obviously there is one tiara and one diadem? What tiara is that? Or has Expressen made a mistake and that is only one tiara/diadem?

Last edited:
Both Expressen and Aftonbladet mention two diadems for Victoria. Aftonbladet says Princess Lilian's diamond tiara and crown princess Margareta's diadem. I wonder what this unseen diadem of Lilian's looks like and why it has not been worn. Maybe it was small and only worn as a necklace?

Silvia will inherit a pearl necklace with rubies, sapphires and emeralds(Expressen). Do you think this means she will have crown princess Margareta's scarab sautoire? Silvia will also inherit a necklace with a tennis player.

Madeleine will inherit a necklace with a heart shaped aquamarine and an aquamarine ring. Do any of you have any idea which ring and necklace it might be. I can only recall a necklace in modern style with a rectangular aquamarine and her pearl choker with which she sometimes wore an aquamarine drop pendant.

Could anyone of you be so kind and post pictures of the jewels you think might be the ones in question?

So i wonder what the other jewllery would end up

Lilians wedding brosch
A two row pearlnecklace also pearl bracelet worn at Victorias 18th birthday
Several earings, can be fake but i hoped so for them to be real.
A five row necklace
Quite lagret Diamond pearl earings

Back
Top Bottom