Princess Lalla Salma Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She really has the most beautiful jewel caskets of the Oriental Monachies. Not the most whoppery and expensive one (here surely Brunei is in the leading position), but the most elegant, special and elaborate one. Or is it just the beauty of the Queen, which glitters even more graceful than her jewels :flowers::flowers::flowers:?
BYe Bine

I completely agree with you,Salma has some stunning pieces of jewellery in her vault! She choses very elegant and pretty pieces that are not too overpowering and ostentatious-in this case I fully agree with what you wrote about Brunei and the way they cover themswelves in diamonds and valuable stones as if there was no tomorrow.
IMO that is not very tasteful and furthermore,less would be more and certainly look prettier.If they took one tiara with a brooch and maybe some rings,it would be nice-but piling up a big tiara,big necklace,several huge brooches and bulky rings plus other jewels is too much for my taste.But again,beauty is in the eye of the beholder,it is not up to me to judge;)
Even if I had the money and connections to wear so much jewels like they own, I would not want to do so because there are so many poor people in this world and carrying jewels that could feed half a nation or pay for education & hospitals in poor countries would seem inappropriate for me and make me feel absolutely uncomfortable in my skin.
To resume with the topic of Maroccan jewels - I find Salma´s most beautiful accessoires her gorgeous red curly hair,it is unique & well-kept and much more attractive than any diamond or pearls...also,she has a well-proportioned face and a lovely smile,her personality is shining through the images.

Last edited:
The necklace and earrings are spectacular, and they match very well her stunning caftan, but I would have preferred the necklace without the down part, just as dog necklace. I wonder if that can be removed?
Normally, such pieces can have the choker part detachable from the tassel part.
However, in this necklace, there are just too many tassels for it to be plausible there are detachable,

Rubies at ten paces

this post just for the sake of comparison...
v
1. Ruby necklace of Princess Lalla Salma
2. Ruby necklace of the Duchess of Cornwall

The thunbnails are cropped portions of much larger images.

Attachments

• LS Rubies.jpg
    LS Rubies.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,645
  • DOC Rubies.jpg
    DOC Rubies.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2,322
I like Salma's best, though I wouldn't turn my nose up at Camilla's.

Salma's necklace is similar for queen Mary's.

british-queen-mary-of-teck-1947.jpg

Yes sure , I know what you talking about ,, But I Dosen’t Meant that fake stones ,, I said not diamond ,, Maybe other stones ,, Because the diamond has different shine ,, take a look on the watch & ring And the Necklace ,, Then you will get me :flowers:

The jewelry Salma wore to the Luxembourg royal wedding look like diamonds cut in the Indian style, which, if I am correct, involves polishing rather than cutting. This gives the diamonds a much different look.

the set is spectacular i like evert detaills.
but I have to say I like more Camilla version.

French President´s Visit to Morocco- Welcoming ceremony

image have been cropped (less than 20%) and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• ea.jpg
    ea.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 921
I so love that ruby tassell collar. Just breathtaking art IMO.

thanks for posting that Salma.
i was wondering about these earrings but i couldn't find any colse up they looks lovely.

Wanna have them ;););)
BYe Bine

April 29, 2013 - Salma in a diamond tiara with matching earrings.
Something is off with the tiara, I also don't think there is anything nice going on.
Do we know anything about it? Is it a family piece? Royal piece or new?

Pic 1 ** Pic 2

i like the tiara but the hair should be done up Imo.
don't know much about the tiara i think it's a new one,but she wore those earring during her wedding day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
good spotted Sephora i was saying to myself that tiara looks familiar.
i also prefer her wedding tiara but cant say anything bad as she finally wore tiara:D

I don't know why she didn't go with her wedding tiara in the first place, it's such a lovely piece. This is very likely one of a very few occasions she'll wear a tiara so why not go all out?
Some necklaces convert well to a tiara but I'm not sure this one does, it looks like a hair band stuck in the middle of her voluminous hair. Perhaps an up-do would have done it more justice?

Last edited:
I think as Humera is not a good idea convert the necklace in tiara. I wish see her wearing the diamond tiara that she wore on her wedding day, is so beautiful.

A very beautiful Lady wearing very beautiful jewels!

I don't normally post about the royals of Morocco. But I do like Lalla Salma's beautiful jewels. I really like her new tiara/necklace. I think it is better than her wedding tiara. To me the new tiara is more full than her wedding tiara, which to me looked like it was missing things.

Investiture of King Willem-Alexander
Diamond, gold and emerald necklace and earrings
images have been cropped (less than 20%) and aren´t subject of copyright

Attachments

• jewels.jpg
    jewels.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 3,733
I agree with most, she should have worn her gorgeous wedding tiara instead of the converted necklace. It would have been nice to see her in it again.

I myself prefer the wedding tiara,but find the one worn at the Dutch investiture good also, it's lighter, just think .it would've been better with a hair updo.
The main reason for what she didn't wear her wedding tiara, is that in the moroccan royal prtocole, the wedding tiara is worn only during the wedding, and I find it nice that she converted her wedding necklace to a tiara for such as event, since she doesn't wear tiaras that much.

i actually don't care about wich tiara she wore at least and at last she wore a tiara and yes her wedding tiara is much beautiful but as Sephora i found this one intersting too and i hope we will not wait for a long time before seen her wearing one again.:)

Her belt looks like gold with emeralds
It is, it's a traditional piece (with the gold parrure with emeralds) that all Moroccan women wear in special events. Those who can't afford pure gold wear silver belts gold plated, the same for parrure of necklace and earrings.
My family lived for a while in Morocco, and my father offred me the same type of earrings for my 30 years, and he said he will offer me the necklace and the belt for my wedding :-D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom