Princess Grace Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Those rubies of the Bains de Mer tiara looked so very good in Grace's fair hair. And since Charlene has the same hair colour, it must be lovely on her. If only they would wear tiaras for the National day galas again. It looks so silly to have orders for the ladies but no adequate jewels.

That VC&A tiara is very beautiful and it is no wonder that VC&A successfully rents it out to all kinds of movie productions or photo shoots. The late Countess of Paris once wore it in a photo shoot for a magazine, as well as Princess Constance de Bourbon-Parme who worked as a model afaik.

It is a pity that this tiara is not owned by the Grimaldis, Grace only loaned it :sad:.

Its gorgeous and really suited the late Princess,pity the Princely family never bought it off Van Cleef & Arpels.

To be honest, Princess Grace only had to tiaras of her own: the small diamond tiara with the five arches, and the Bains de Mer tiara. All the others were worn only once and most likely were loaners, like the VC&A tiara.

I heard also that she owned the ruby serre-chignon. Though from what I know, she also wore it only once. So I think it was another loaner. On the other hand she was very creative with her jewels and often tried amazing big hair styles with brooches and other stuff. She knew how to achieve maximum effect with her jewels.

Photos of her engagement ring:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Her ring is absolutely breathtaking. Behind Queen Elizabeth II's ring, her ring is my all time favorite engagement ring. The size is perfect, and not over the top. It has all the elements of a ring that I love. It's timeless, elegant, regal, exquisite, and majestic. Her ring is simply beautiful and unforgettable.

Last edited:
Its a stunning ring,I recall it was recently exhibited at a Cartier exhibition of all things dazzling.

I was just going to add this is the tiara HSH wore during the State Visit to Ireland in 1961 and the article had a group photo of Prince Rainier and Grace with President and Mrs. de Valera.

Yes she did. The cameo brooch is lovely too and happily has been seen worn by Caroline on a couple of occasions.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: Wow. That's really gorgeous... I think it is very "busy" to wear, perhaps it suits a very grand occasion such as the christening or the accession anniversary?;)

I have never seen this one worn, but it is exquisit. The way the lozenge shaped rubies and diamonds shape the Monaco coat of arms is is my favourite part of the brooch.

Do we know when it was made? And for which Princess?

Thanks Agogo for posting these lovely pics - I haven't seen a shot of the Grimaldi brooch close up - it's a lovely piece. I suspect if we look closely at some old pics of Grace where she's worn a sash, we may have seen it more than we think- she seems to wear her brooch to secure a sash quite high and you don't notice it so much. I'm going to have a good hunt around.

I read that Princess Grace commissioned Cartier to create it. The broach or badge looks appropriate when worn with a sash with royal orders.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Photos of her engagement ring:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Her ring is absolutely breathtaking. Behind Queen Elizabeth II's ring, her ring is my all time favorite engagement ring. The size is perfect, and not over the top. It has all the elements of a ring that I love. It's timeless, elegant, regal, exquisite, and majestic. Her ring is simply beautiful and unforgettable.
I saw the engagement ring at a Cartier exhibit in San Francisco several years ago and was very disappointed. Either Grace Kelly has very small hands or the photos gives an optical illusion. Seeing the ring the diamond did not seem very large. The photos gives a very different picture than seeing it live.

Grace was so mind bogglingly beautiful that I actually don't notice her jewelry first...the eyes are drawn to her.

The only other woman I can ever remember who outshone their jewels was Elizabeth Taylor.

I agree about that Moonmaiden23. Some women is so beautiful and i don't noticed nothing else.

A lot of these jewels have never been worn by Princess Gracia. The title is very misleading. Princess Charlotte, Duchesse de Valentinois (mother of Prince Rainier III) made sure that Princess Gracia never would touch her jewels. A lot what can be seen on these pictures are jewels from Princess Charlotte and not from her daughter-in-law Gracia.

Last edited:
Someone should tell Prince Albert and Princess Charlene that the exhibitions would attract even more visitors if the jewels were still worn from time to time.:whistling:

Btw, the Van Cleef & Apels tiara never belonged to Grace, she only loaned it once for Caroline's pre-wedding. People really associate this tiara with Grace now, even though there are no good close-up pics of her wearing it. There are only some blurred wide shots from the pre-wedding, I think.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom