Princess Claire of Belgium Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think it is a coinsidence that Laurent and esp. Claire did not attend. When the government lowered the income of the prince in 2014, princess Claire did not attend any public duties for a while. Prince Laurent explained to the press: if they pay me less, they will get less in return. He also said that Claire would accompany him less. The newspapers deducted that this way they can reduce their spendings as the princess will need to buy new clothes less often.

Prins Laurent: "Als ik minder geld krijg, blijft Claire thuis" - HLN.be

Last edited:
:previous:
Prince Laurent has a point in this particular situation. Gala appearances for women do require expenses.

:ROFLMAO:I forgot about the costs of ball gowns and only thought the King Philippe might have been embarrassed, and preferred to keep Laurent at a distance. But it also might have been Laurent who had denied his wife the costs for the hairdresser (as she could have receyceled one of her ball gowns).

But I too don't think that it was coincidence. But maybe, if Laurent behaves well for a while, they might be seen at future State Banquets.

If I am not mistaken, she owns two tiaras (her wedding tiara and a second "new" tiara).

she does, although in 2008 she may still have only had her wedding tiara. But it's still confusing as to why she didn't wear a tiara when the other women did!

I would really love to meet some of these royal ladies and ask them questions on why they did this or that. It's so confusing! lol
It is unlikely that she already had the second tiara in 2008. She wore it for the first time in 2010. And it is not known if she still owns the wedding tiara, because she hasn't worn it since 2006.

Last edited:
:previous:
Prince Laurent has a point in this particular situation. Gala appearances for women do require expenses.

An option would be to recycle her evening gowns like the scandinavian Royals do. Don't think Claire has reworn most of her evening gowns. At last not more then 1 or 2 times.

I do remember seeing Claire wearing tiaras for the gala evening wedding banquets of both Prince Albert of Monaco in 2011 and for HGD Guillaume of Luxembourg in 2012, but for the life of me I can't locate any photos.:bang:

Are the pearl earrings the ones she wore at her wedding? IIRC the reporter said they were a gift from Q. Paola's family.

Are the pearl earrings the ones she wore at her wedding? IIRC the reporter said they were a gift from Q. Paola's family.
I believe they are the same. She has so very few earings that she has to repeat these over and over again. I think there was only one tiara event where she did not wear these. At the pre-wedding of Fred and Mary she wore small (diamond?) stud earrings. I guess she didn't want to wear the wedding earrings on two nights in a row.
That's it..Claire looked particularly stunning at both events even though I am not certain she wore the same tiara to both weddings.

Many thanks, Tilia!:)
You're welcome, Moonmaiden! I agree, at these two events the Princess had extremely beautiful tiara-hair and gorgeous gowns. She really looked stunning.

:ROFLMAO:I forgot about the costs of ball gowns and only thought the King Philippe might have been embarrassed, and preferred to keep Laurent at a distance. But it also might have been Laurent who had denied his wife the costs for the hairdresser (as she could have receyceled one of her ball gowns).

But I too don't think that it was coincidence. But maybe, if Laurent behaves well for a while, they might be seen at future State Banquets.

An option would be to recycle her evening gowns like the scandinavian Royals do. Don't think Claire has reworn most of her evening gowns. At last not more then 1 or 2 times.
Both of you have a point too. Given a low number of state visits to Belgium, Princess Claire could participate in them. Expenses (makeup, hairstyle, and an outfit) are impossible for me to determine. At the same time, Prince Laurent's statements show the ongoing discord in the Belgian royal family. King Philippe has Princess Astrid and her spouse to join him for state banquets.

Last edited:
Laurent and Claire’s absence during the Chinese state visit is no indication of anything regarding their future attendance right now. Laurent was hospitalized and in artificial coma during the state visit.

Its funny. Im not a princess or wealthy. Just a normal woman and I have prettier jewelry than Claire. Doesnt the Prince buy his wife something nice once in awhile. They seem like they really struggle financially. Who knows. Just observing.

Its funny. Im not a princess or wealthy. Just a normal woman and I have prettier jewelry than Claire. Doesnt the Prince buy his wife something nice once in awhile. They seem like they really struggle financially. Who knows. Just observing.

Laurent gets direct funding from the State, which is somewhat unusual nowadays in many royal families; none of the younger children of King Carl XVI Gustaf or former Queen Beatrix for example had the same privilege as adults . Laurent and his family also live (for free) at the Villa Clémentine, which is owned by the Royal Donation Trust and was specially built as a residence for the prince in 1993.

All things considered, I don't think Laurent can complain about what he and his family get from the Belgian taxpayers, even though his disposable income is indeed relatively modest. Having said that, Laurent often complains to the media that his private business ventures, which could be a source of additional income, have been constantly "sabotaged" first by his uncle, King Baudouin, then by his father, King Albert II, whom he described as "worse than the Stasi" (the secrete police of the former GDR), and, now, by his brother, King Philippe.

Last edited:
It seems obvious that Laurent prefers to spend his money on fast cars rather then on jewels for his wife.

As wedding gifts she has received the wedding tiara from her parents-in-law and the earrings are said to be from Paola's family. Was there anything else? Something from Queen Fabiola, maybe? At least I can't remember that she has ever worn a substantial necklace or brooch. And this is the only diamond bracelet I can remember having seen on her. Is there anything known about the provenence?
View image: be claire wedding

This tiara is beautiful. And as article say fits perfectly with all the wedding appearance of Claire.

Its a small and dainty piece which really suits the Princess and also goes well with her wedding earrings.

She is the only Princess of Belgium having 2 tiaras of her own.

:previous: But then we don't know if she really still owns both tiaras. She hasn't worn the wedding tiara after she started wearing the pearl tiara. It is possible that the wedding tiara was sold, which would have been a pity. Let's hope that Princess Claire will wear her wedding tiara again soon. Then we will know for sure.

"MIS JOYAS REALES": Tiara/Collar de la Reina Isabel - Casa Real de Bélgica
i found this site from a picture i saw on my lately best new friend 'pinterest' it's in spanish but it say the following about princess claire wedding tiara
It is an ancient gem made of diamonds with different size, and topped with several large pear with carving.
This tiara was originally a necklace that belonged to the wife of King Albert I of the Belgians, Queen Elizabeth, born Princess of Bavaria (Empress Sissi niece).
The necklace of Queen Elizabeth, after having been for many years in oblivion, again saw the light on April 12, 2003, when it would be worn as a tiara by Claire Coombs at her wedding with Prince Laurent of Belgium.
This tiara / diamond necklace would be the gift of the Kings Albert II and Paola of the Belgians to the wife of his third child on the occasion of his wedding.
could this be the real origin of it ?!

The only jewel King Albert II has to buy is Claire's Wedding tiara.
. An imporatant tiara was to buy at an Auction but the King refused because too expensive.
We never see the Wedding tiara anymore , the Princess wears another one. Is it sold ??

The only jewel King Albert II has to buy is Claire's Wedding tiara.
. An imporatant tiara was to buy at an Auction but the King refused because too expensive.
We never see the Wedding tiara anymore , the Princess wears another one. Is it sold ??

Yes it hasn't been seen since 2006 and Princess Claire now only wears her Pearl and Diamond Tiara since 2010.

Back
Top Bottom