The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Serene Highness

I thought the same!
At first I was surprised to see it again, because I couldn't imagine good old Laurent giving his wife expensive jewellery. She has such few pieces, and suddenly gives her a tiara?
She looked absolutely marvellous, great hairstyle with the tiara, matching pearl earrings and a stunning dress accentuated with a booch at her hip.

Old 07-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Royal Highness

Please, after everything this lady has to put up with, with her husband, she deserves a new tiara! I like it.

Old 07-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Serene Highness

You are quite right, she certainly deserves it! I am only a bit surprised that Laurent obviously also realised that. I might be a bit harsh on him, but tumbling over the carpet was one of his less embarrassing headlines.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanievl View Post
Looks like it is not a borrowed tiara, she wore it again today

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
Horray - a new tiara in the Belgium Royal Family.
Unbelievable but true - we hoped for it but after the Swedish wedding didn't dare to believe it.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

So Princess Claire owns 2 tiaras , Princess Mathilde only one and Princess Astrid wears a loan from the Habsbourg Este.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:18 AM
Majesty

but does clare have any grander necklaces, mathilde has a few now it seems
Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
So Princess Claire owns 2 tiaras , Princess Mathilde only one and Princess Astrid wears a loan from the Habsbourg Este.
Claire's wedding tiara is the most moderate piece out of them, and it is good that she now has a second lovely and more substancial tiara. Princess Astrid's tiara will most likely be inherited by her husband one day, so there is not that much need for her to receive another one.
As for Mathilde: her tiara is beautiful and of a reasonable size, not too moderate, imo. But as CP she has the most occasion for tiaras and she really should have another one. I once heard the speculation that it might have been agreed within the family, that Philipe will inherit Queen Fabiola's tiaras, so that they do not see the necessity to buy her a new one right now. It is all speculation, but it would make sense. And I so much hope that Queen Fabiola's major pieces will stay within the main line of the BRF.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

At last Queen Fabiola has wither lend the brooche Mathilde wore at the Monaco-Wedding to her. Or it was even a gift.
Astrd has also worn another tiara from her mother-in-law i read somewhere but never seen a pic.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 11-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I personally did not like her wedding tiara.I thought it should have been a little bit bigger,even though she was not marrying an heir!

Claire's wedding earrings are lovely!
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e9OLDZlTqH...Up--Corbis.jpg
Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Majesty

for the third time she wore her new tiara
when was the last time we saw her other tiara
Old 10-22-2012, 03:14 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
for the third time she wore her new tiara
when was the last time we saw her other tiara
She wore it at Fred & Mary's wedding in 2004. I haven't seen any pics of her wearing it afterwards.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Claire's wedding earring's are lovely!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_e9OLDZlTqH...Up--Corbis.jpg
They are indeed, gorgeous pearls! Her tiara is also amazing!
Old 10-27-2012, 02:05 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
She wore it at Fred & Mary's wedding in 2004. I haven't seen any pics of her wearing it afterwards.
The tiara could be seen at CP Victorias wedding - and I thought, for the very first time. Although I really like it, I am wondering, why Pr Claire is not wearing her wedding tiara anymore

http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/2...re-of-belgium/
Old 10-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

The "new" tiara is really very lovely and suits her .. and her wedding earrings have always been a favourite of mine
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Aristocracy

This tiara suits her well. Do we know the history around it? Didn't the king and queen give her her wedding tiara as a gift? Sorry if this has been answered before
Old 07-03-2013, 10:37 AM
Majesty

if or actully when philippe becomes king what kind of role will clarie abd Lourence have will they take part in state visits.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice View Post
This tiara suits her well. Do we know the history around it? Didn't the king and queen give her her wedding tiara as a gift? Sorry if this has been answered before
No, we don't know the history of neither of her two tiaras.
When she wore the pearl tiara for the first time, it was reported by some sources, that it was a loan. But since she has worn it three times now, I don't believe that it's just a loan.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

The Princess Claire Wedding Tiara | A Tiara a Day

At first I did not like this tiara, but now I love it! It's very beautiful, classic, delicate, and charming. This would make a great 18th birthday tiara for her daughter Louise.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Christophe Vachaudez told me that at the moment of prince Laurent 's wedding , a beautiful royal tiara was sold at an Auction. Answer from the Royal Palace : too expensive.
The King and the Queen bought a tiara in Veronique Bamps antic jewelry Shop.
It is the only jewel They bought , nothing for Mathilde and Astrid.
The second tiara , I thought the first time it was a loan but as she wore it more it is a probably a present of Prince laurent .
Old 09-28-2013, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Christophe Vachaudez told me that at the moment of prince Laurent 's wedding , a beautiful royal tiara was sold at an Auction. Answer from the Royal Palace : too expensive.
The King and the Queen bought a tiara in Veronique Bamps antic jewelry Shop.
It is the only jewel They bought , nothing for Mathilde and Astrid.
The second tiara , I thought the first time it was a loan but as she wore it more it is a probably a present of Prince laurent .
My theory about this is that they had to make sure that each of their daughters(-in-law) had one tiara at their disposal. Astrid had the Aosta tiara as a permanent loan from Lorenz’ mother. Mathilde had the gift tiara from the Belgian aristocracy. Albert and Paola probably saw no need to buy a second tiara for those two ladies. Only with Claire there was no other possibility than buying a tiara for her, or otherwise she would have to go bareheaded .

Tags
claire, jewellery, princess claire