Princess Claire of Belgium Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its a nice tiara and I might Eat my words but I think it looks like paste!

I don't think it's paste, it looks very real as far as gems are concerned. Claire may have borrowed the tiara from a jeweler. I hope we find out more.:)

Princess Claire had the opportunity to loan the tiara for the Swedish Wedding from a Belgian noble family. That is what I heard. Friends of them from the nobility gave her the tiara for use in Sweden.

Princess Claire had the opportunity to loan the tiara for the Swedish Wedding from a Belgian noble family. That is what I heard. Friends of them from the nobility gave her the tiara for use in Sweden.
VERY NICE, BUT WHERE HAS THE WORLD COME TO WHEN A PRINCESS OF THE REALM HAS TO BORROW A TIARA FROM A NOBLE FAMILY.:whistling::bang::eek:

What QueenElizabeth said was only a rumour.
The tiara is most likely a belgian one.

But if it belongs to the BRF why we haven't seen it before on the queen or Mathilde? And I thought that we've already seen what their vaults have and that there could be no surprises there. It can be very well a loan from someone.

Maybe it is a new creation? Or something in the vault that no one has worn before?
There are plenty of tiaras and jewels hanging around in the British Vaults that haven't been worn for ages, we would probably think them as new or borrowed.
I don't see why she would borrow on, when she could have worn one from the vaults.

I don't know, but imo if they had that tiara before Mathilde or the queen would have use it before now. But maybe his husband bought it for her that's another possiblity.

I'm pretty sure that the Belgium RF doesn't have any unused tiaras lying around. It was often told on TRF how Princess Lilian de Rethy sold out on the royal jewellery after her husband death. The Queens Fabiola and Paola had to make do with very few pieces which they repeated again and again. You can't compare them to the British royals who are and were much richer, and never seriously sold jewellery.
I also doubt that Prince Laurent bought the tiara for his wife. He seems to enjoy fast cars more than royal dignity, and also he isn't exactly rolling in money. And wasn't it just last year that Laurent and Claire enrolled their kids in a French school because it was less expensive than the previous school? Why would he buy another tiara when even his sister in law, the crown princess, has to get along with only one tiara?
Sorry if I sound very pessimistic, but I do believe that the tiara was just a loan.

At least she came to a major royal event not wearing yet again the same tiara

I do not want - and I am not able - to discuss the financial situation of the Belgium RF, however I would expect that they are not so badly situated that there is no chance for one or the other new tiara within 20 years or so....given that historical pieces (don't know about new ones) seem to be not that expensive....(only know from Christies etc. auctions).
I would assume it is just something which does not matter to them...

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Many thanks for the lovely close-ups! :flowers: Both pieces are beautiful. I love how simple the design of the earrings is! One can wear them all day long.;)

Just a very humble queston: why should PC BORROW a tiara?
I can imaging borrowing from the family - but from friends? Would a princess from reigning royal family with her own tiara on hand do something like that?:whistling: This will remain a mystery.

I don't think she borrowed this tiara, it must be a new addittion !!

Unless the "diamonds" are very old, they don't look real to me. However, real or not, it is a pretty piece.

The problem with the Belgium Royal Family is they don't have many Jewels, I don't Know why they don't buy some I guess it's not a priority for them.

:previous:I thought the same!
At first I was surprised to see it again, because I couldn't imagine good old Laurent giving his wife expensive jewellery. She has such few pieces, and suddenly gives her a tiara?
She looked absolutely marvellous, great hairstyle with the tiara, matching pearl earrings and a stunning dress accentuated with a booch at her hip.

Last edited:
Please, after everything this lady has to put up with, with her husband, she deserves a new tiara! I like it.

:previous:You are quite right, she certainly deserves it! I am only a bit surprised that Laurent obviously also realised that. I might be a bit harsh on him, but tumbling over the carpet was one of his less embarrassing headlines:whistling:.

So Princess Claire owns 2 tiaras , Princess Mathilde only one and Princess Astrid wears a loan from the Habsbourg Este.

but does clare have any grander necklaces, mathilde has a few now it seems

So Princess Claire owns 2 tiaras , Princess Mathilde only one and Princess Astrid wears a loan from the Habsbourg Este.
Claire's wedding tiara is the most moderate piece out of them, and it is good that she now has a second lovely and more substancial tiara. Princess Astrid's tiara will most likely be inherited by her husband one day, so there is not that much need for her to receive another one.
As for Mathilde: her tiara is beautiful and of a reasonable size, not too moderate, imo. But as CP she has the most occasion for tiaras and she really should have another one. I once heard the speculation that it might have been agreed within the family, that Philipe will inherit Queen Fabiola's tiaras, so that they do not see the necessity to buy her a new one right now. It is all speculation, but it would make sense. And I so much hope that Queen Fabiola's major pieces will stay within the main line of the BRF.

At last Queen Fabiola has lend the brooche Mathilde wore at the Monaco-Wedding to her. Or it was even a gift.
Astrid has also worn another tiara from her mother-in-law i read somewhere but never seen a pic.

Last edited:
for the third time she wore her new tiara
when was the last time we saw her other tiara

Back
Top Bottom