Princess Christina of Sweden Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder the same, Josefine. Afaik it was last seen when Princess Birgitta wore it in 1979. What I find strange is that it wasn't even seen as a bracelet.

I wonder the same, Josefine. Afaik it was last seen when Princess Birgitta wore it in 1979. What I find strange is that it wasn't even seen as a bracelet.

Look Tilia I did it! ;)

Do we know the origin of the tiara? Maybe it was never intended to be more than a spare or a starter tiara for one of the many royal ladies in the 50s-60s? IIrc the buttons came to be at the same time to give the young princesses something to wear. If so the tiara might just have reverted back to being a bracelet and is now in a drawer somewhere belonging to one of the princesses or their daughters/daughter-in-laws or since both Birgitta and Christina have been burgled it could even be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Look Tilia I did it! ;)

Do we know the origin of the tiara? Maybe it was never intended to be more than a spare or a starter tiara for one of the many royal ladies in the 50s-60s? IIrc the buttons came to be at the same time to give the young princesses something to wear. If so the tiara might just have reverted back to being a bracelet and is now in a drawer somewhere belonging to one of the princesses or their daughters/daughter-in-laws or since both Birgitta and Christina have been burgled it could even be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
:lol::flowers:

Good theory, though Princess Sibylla has worn it at least once as a mature lady, the small thingy really looks like a starter tiara and the Haga Princesses have sort of grown out of it. But as a bracelet it must be a substantial and recognizable jewel. Yet it seems it was never worn at one ot the big family celebrations.

The theft of Pr. Christiana's jewels was just a few years ago and I'm sure we would have seen her wearing the bracelet if she ever owned it. After all she attended so many official functions that she had ample occasions to wear it.

I don't know when Pr. Birgitta's jewels were stolen, but I think it was many years earlier. Maybe it was hers, since she was also the person to be seen with the tiara version?

I think her favorite tiara is the six-button ( i like it me too).
The pink topaz set is so beautiful :)
Very same about the small diamond tiara(there anything news about that?)
And for age is very beautuful (i think the most beautiful for her sisters.)

Who's the other lady with the white gloves and tiara with Princess Christina?

Its been said before that the Six button tiara really suits the Princess.

Last edited:

I think it is because she wears it put very back and then it blends in with her white hair.

I'm not 100 per cent sure but to me it looks that the lady is Louise Lyberg, who was the First Lady of the Court 1993-2003.

I also think that it must be Louise Lyberg, the tiara looks like hers and I believe that she now has short hair like in the pic.

It is nice to see that there are still a few tiara events apart from those at court. And I agree that Princess Christina looks good with the 6 button tiara. These days she is the only one who can wear this tiara without making me cringe. I think that's because her hair covers the base of the tiara so that the awkward construction doesn't show. And the buttons don't stick up like lollypops because the tiara is positioned at an angle.

It is indeed Louise Lyberg, former Head of The Household to the Queen.

The 6-button Tiara looks very well on Christina. It goes perfectly with her thick white hair. Christina have always worn her tiaras in an almost horisontal angle and it really suits her. Y

The 6-button Tiara was initially constructed for Princess Lilian so it's kind of made for older women with grey/white hair ;)

It is indeed Louise Lyberg, former Head of The Household to the Queen.

The 6-button Tiara looks very well on Christina. It goes perfectly with her thick white hair. Christina have always worn her tiaras in an almost horisontal angle and it really suits her. Y

The 6-button Tiara was initially constructed for Princess Lilian so it's kind of made for older women with grey/white hair ;)
I would also say that the tiara was made for women who, like Lilian, have shorter, permed or blow-dried hair. The volume in that kind of hairstyle needs high tiaras and hides the ungainly base of the six-button tiara. It's made for hairstyles that were frequent in Lilian's and Christina's generation, but rare in younger women these days.

she used the small aquamarine tiara often worn by princess madeleine at the kings 70th birthday gala

Just a quick aside, you can really see the resemblance between Princess Christina and her brother the King in the picture with Madeline. And she looks great in the small steel tiara!

I always tend to forget how sparkly this tiara is, since the pictures don't really do it any justice. But it sure sparkled in live broadcast (even more than Madeleine's top)!

Back
Top Bottom