Princess Christina of Sweden Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the tiara identification as I was wondering what tiara the Kings sister wore last night as it was hard to make out.

Glad to see the Princess .
I think she wore a very light tiara such as the cut steel.

I was very happy to see Princess Christina trying out a new tiara. But I'm not at all fond of the way the small cutsteel looked on her. The shape is just not made for hair hairstyle, imho.

It's probably not going to happen, but I'd love to see Christina with Lilian's laurel wreath tiara. With high base it would probably look great an her, lit it did on Lilian.

I was trying to make out what was different and it appears that a diamond rivere has been added along the top. The beauty of the small steel cut tiara lies in its fine angled cuts. Guilding the Lily by adding an old round cut diamond rivere throws the fine geometric design of the tiara off and is indeed ugly!

Marg, Princese Christina did not add a diamond riviere to the tiara. The row of sparkly round elements on the top is part of the original design of the cut steel tiara.

Yikes! That's what happens when your laptop dies and you use a phone.

Very interesting! To me, too, it's new that Christina wore the amethyst tiara. I always thought that it's one of the few tiaras she's never worn. The ladies are wearing Japanese sashes, so this must be from the State Visit in 2000. I wish we could find better pictures.

Interestinjg. From what one can see it looks good on her. Wish she would wear it again as it would probably look good in her white hair.

:previous: I agree, it seems to look good on her. It looks like her hair hides the base of the tiara, which is a good thing with the amethyst tiara. But since Princess Christina has announced to retire from public life, it's doubtful that we will ever see her with a tiara again.

I have always wondered why she has favoured the six-buttons tiara so much over these past few years, when there were quite a few other tiaras available.

:previous: I agree, it seems to look good on her. It looks like her hair hides the base of the tiara, which is a good thing with the amethyst tiara. But since Princess Christina has announced to retire from public life, it's doubtful that we will ever see her with a tiara again.

Lets hope she will attend the Nobels for example. I thought i had understand that she is retiering from her patrones and all this so perhaps there is still a chance that she will attened some Events

Lets hope she will attend the Nobels for example. I thought i had understand that she is retiering from her patrones and all this so perhaps there is still a chance that she will attened some Events
I hope your are right. It's always a pleasure to see Princess Christina wearing the Bernadotte jewels. And she also seems to own some interesting pieces herself.

Its been said before but the tiara really suits Princess Christina .

I agree, it looks very nice on Princess Christina. But I really dislike to see the same tiara on two evenings in a row. The purple gown would have been perfect with the amethyst tiara, and I can vividly picture the gown from the awards ceremony with the cut steel tiara.

Some how she has a way of making tiaras look good that don't look good on most people.

Actually has that it common with Sofia. I actually like this tiara on Sofia (and the small cut steel tiara on her too). On other women it reminds me of headlights but they seem to make it work.

:previous: I think it's her short, fluffy hair that covers the tiara base. When Sofia wore the tiara, she made sure that the tiara base was well covered, which made it a success. But Madeleine did the same the one time that she wore the four buttons, and imo it looked even better on Madeleine's wavy hair than on Sofia's straight hair. The tiara also used to look good on Lillian, but I think it's still best on Princess Christina.

Some how she has a way of making tiaras look good that don't look good on most people.

And Princess Christina seems to favour the 4 buttons tiara and wears it so well.

Infact the Princess always wears her jewels perfectly.

Actually, she doesn't wear the four buttons that often. Since the theft of her own tiara, she only wore the four buttons tiara twice, while I counted 14 wearings of the 6 buttons tiara. But yesterday Victoria wore the six buttons, so it wasn't available for Christina. Anyways, she nearly always wears a buttons tiara, and although she wears them well, I am always happy to see her with something else.

Actually, she doesn't wear the four buttons that often. Since the theft of her own tiara, she only wore the four buttons tiara twice, while I counted 14 wearings of the 6 buttons tiara. But yesterday Victoria wore the six buttons, so it wasn't available for Christina. Anyways, she nearly always wears a buttons tiara, and although she wears them well, I am always happy to see her with something else.

For the King's 70th birthday dinner she wore the diamond bandeau with a aquamrine in the center and it was almost not visible in her hair. From the first small pics yesterday i thiught she wore the fringe tiara which would suit her probably also very nice.

buit this way the four button tiara looks good as the metal base is not viisble.

Last edited:
Last edited:
:previous: That brooch is a real whopper, and quite beautiful. It might work well on an evening gown. I wonder what the history of this brooch is.

Back
Top Bottom