The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-05-2013, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post

Caroline inherited 2 rather beautiful tiaras from her grandmother Princess Charlotte.
Hmmm, I wonder if that is true. IIRC when the pearl drops was displayed at the Grimaldo Forum a few years ago it was listed as property of HSH Albert II.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Hmmm, I wonder if that is true. IIRC when the pearl drops was displayed at the Grimaldo Forum a few years ago it was listed as property of HSH Albert II.
Well she received them before the death of Princess Grace, so everything seems to point to Caroline being the owner.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Well she received them before the death of Princess Grace, so everything seems to point to Caroline being the owner.
Did she?? The only times I ever recall seeing her wear the Cartier pearl drops was in the Lagerfeld photo shoot, the 50th birthday party of Carl XVI Gustaf in Sweden and recently in Luxembourg and all those events took place after the deaths of both Princess Charlotte and Princess Grace. Of course we have to keep in mind that Monaco has very few tiara events of its own so there are few opportunities to wear any of their remaining jewels.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post

Did she?? The only times I ever recall seeing her wear the Cartier pearl drops was in the Lagerfeld photo shoot, the 50th birthday party of Carl XVI Gustaf in Sweden and recently in Luxembourg and all those events took place after the deaths of both Princess Charlotte and Princess Grace. Of course we have to keep in mind that Monaco has very few tiara events of its own so there are few opportunities to wear any of their remaining jewels.
Also up until the death of Princess Grace, Caroline didn't attend many functions that would require a tiara.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Caroline's engagement ring from her first husband is beautiful but I don't like it as an engagement ring. I do find the Ceylon sapphire very stunning. I wonder what her two other engagement rings look like.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
She did not. The tiara was worn by Grace after her mother-in-law's death and given to Caroline by Rainier.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
She did not. The tiara was worn by Grace after her mother-in-law's death and given to Caroline by Rainier.
Are you saying that Grace wore the Cartier pearl drop tiara? I have never heard that assumption before. What is the source for this?
Old 03-10-2013, 03:44 PM
Courtier

I really, really hope, that Caroline only wore the tiaras as a prepresentative of Monaco and that she is not really OWNING them. In case yes, hopefully she will hand the over to the future heir of Monaco - or Charlene.
Otherwise there is no jewelry with a historic value left for the Princely Main line.
BYe Bine
Old 03-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Are you saying that Grace wore the Cartier pearl drop tiara? I have never heard that assumption before. What is the source for this?
I can also not remember pics of her wearing it. There was once a thought that she once wore the fringe necklace/tiara at the Royal Jewels MB but it turned out to be her cartier diamond tiara at the pre-Wedding Ball of Princess Caroline.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-10-2013, 05:02 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I can also not remember pics of her wearing it. There was once a thought that she once wore the fringe necklace/tiara at the Royal Jewels MB but it turned out to be her cartier diamond tiara at the pre-Wedding Ball of Princess Caroline.
I think that I remember the same discussion on the RJMB. Over the years, and especially around the time of the big wedding, I have followed many discussions about the Monaco tiaras on various forums and boards. And there has never been any evidence that Princess Grace wore one of Princess Charlotte's tiaras.
But maybe Branchg has some new and exciting information from a source that was not previously known on any of these forums? I'd love to see this mystery solved .
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
Well that was abrupt ! We have discussed on here many times and I have also read in biographies of both Princesses Grace and Caroline that the late Princess Charlotte left her jewels to Princess Caroline as she disliked Princess Grace. I wonder branchg are you giving royal jewel watchers around the world a new revelation???
Old 03-14-2013, 10:18 AM
Royal Highness

I have never come across a picture of Grace wearing the pearl drop tiara, but it is interesting that this tiara was part of the display for the GraceKelly/Princess of Monaco exhibition. Also, in the catalogue of the exhibition(p.233) it is listed as part of the collection of Princess Charlotte worn by Princess Grace for the Centenary Ball in 1966 - which we know she did not. I hadn't come across that caption before.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I really wish Prince Albert had sent his sister to the Netherlands as at least we'd have gotten to see one of Caroline's tiaras again!
Old 05-05-2013, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Princess Caroline at Monaco's bouquet contest with Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra earrings and bracelet.
Caroline earrings
Caroline bracelet
earrings
bracelet
Old 05-05-2013, 02:23 PM
Royal Highness

Effortlessly stylish as always, nice to see Caroline with the famous Alhambra design from VCA!
Her mother also had a very pretty and elegant necklace of the same design,it was also shown in a Grace Kelly exhibition (or more probably an imitate,because the original is so precious):-)
Old 05-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I really wish Prince Albert had sent his sister to the Netherlands as at least we'd have gotten to see one of Caroline's tiaras again!
That would have been a great idea; I wish Caroline would have accompanied Albert at least if she couldn't have gone in his stead. Then we'd have definitely seen some Monaco bling!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Correct me if I'm wrong but here are all the tiaras Caroline has worn:

Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara
Hanoverian Floral Tiara
Brunswick Tiara
Sapphire Necklace/Tiara

I love all the tiaras she has worn. Though of course my favorite is the Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I believe that Princess Caroline has also worn Monegasque Diamond Fringe tiara as a necklace,most recently at the wedding of Stephanie and Guillaume.
I agree with you the Cartier Pearl Drop Tiara is my favourite too!
Old 09-04-2013, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Brunswick and Hanoverian tiara are of course back to E.A.
But what huge jewels she wore at Luxembourg (the 2 tiaras from her grandmother).

I wonder why she never wore her Mother's tiaras ?
Old 09-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The small daimond tiara of Princess Grace?
I'm not sure who inherited it after the death of the Princess.

Tags
caroline, jewellery, princess caroline