Princess Benedikte Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Josefine

Majesty
Country
Sweden
here is a thread for the danish princess Beneditke jewlery

Is that her star tiara? It looks way smaller then usual. Or is it a different one?
Thanks for the pictures though :)

this thread need some photos

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 3,071
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3,617
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 7,210
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,397
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,727
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,899
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 7,585
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 3,052
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,325
And a couple more ...

A couple more from the collection (Getty Images)

Attachments

• Benedikte & Richard1.jpg
    Benedikte & Richard1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,840
  • Benedikte Tiara.jpg
    Benedikte Tiara.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 4,897
at the state visit from norway 2005

norwayvisitdenmark27ukp2hu.jpg

Is the Berleburg Fringe the property of Prince Richard and Princess Benedikte has the use of it during his lifetime? In my opinion, it is one of the most beautiful Fringe Tiaras I have seen.

above we can see a grand necklace, is there a history behind it is it from the family voults who has then worn it before her.
and here is a photo from getty. what kind of jewllery is the necklace?
and here some pear necklaces also photos from getty

Last edited by a moderator:
Josefine, that first picture of Benedikte looks like pearls and turquoise with maybe sapphires in the middle.

Just wanted to say that IMO Princess Benedikte is still a very handsome woman and that she still has a very regal air, even more than her two sisters... I love her jewelery!

Thanks everyone for posting such amazing pictures!

Can anyone tell me about the spike tiara with pearls and stars? I like it but I can't find a good photo of it.
Is it her own or does it belong to the DRF?

I believe she inherited that tiara from her mother Ingrid. I am not sure where it originates but I believe Queen Sofia of Sweden, wife of Oscar II, also wore the tiara.

tiara pic!

Can anyone tell me about the spike tiara with pearls and stars? I like it but I can't find a good photo of it.?
Here's a pic of a pensive Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg wearing the pearl-spike star tiara.​

On post 8 she is wearing 2 very beautiful diamond necklaces, does anyone know the history, or who bought them?

I think it is the same necklace, but in the first picture she attached a pendant to it. The necklace was a gift from Queen Ingrid, Queen Anne-Marie has a simular necklace, she usually attaches some emeralds to it. I am not sure if Margrethe has one too though.

Star Tiara

Thanks guys for the reply.:flowers:

I've never really noticed this tiara before. I really like it for some reason, I don't really care for star tiaras but this is a new favorite!:D

I think that she just has fringe diamond tiara from Berleburg's. It is wird because they have other jewellery (also tiaras) but she has never used it. The rest of her jewels are her privet property - most of them she inherited from her mother Queen Ingrid.

I thought that the fringe tiara was from the Danish RF. I'm pretty sure I've seen an old photo of one of the previous queens consort wearing it. I'm fairly sure it was Queen Alexandrine.

I thought that the fringe tiara was from the Danish RF. I'm pretty sure I've seen an old photo of one of the previous queens consort wearing it. I'm fairly sure it was Queen Alexandrine.

Queen Alexandrine's fringe tiara is owned by her grandson, Count Ingolf of Rosenborg. Benedikte's fringe is from the Berleburgs, I think from Prince Richard's grandmother.
I have also read that Benedikte's son owns a Berleburg tiara, the one his girlfriend Carina wore at Prince Joachim's wedding. Maybe they don't have more than two, Prince Richard has brothers and sisters that might have inherited jewellery from his mother for instance.

I have read in other threads that the Danish royal family has very little jewellery compared to other RF can anyone please tell me why? Lost in war stolen or sold? Such an ancient family should really have loads. And is there a link on the DRF collection. Only the ones owned by Danish Royals not bought for them . Sorry if I missed it already have checked most threads in this group but cant seem to find what Im looking for the link earlier in this thread was probably the nearest so thanks for that post.

Thanks for the clarification, Hanna. I would have assumed they were the same (things like this are the reason I love this site).

I don't know why the Danish royals would have less jewellery, kbear. It actually seems to me that they have quite a bit considering the size of their country. Much of the traditional British royal jewellery, for example, comes from colonies in Africa and India. Colonial holdings were essentially a measure of a European nation's wealth, and Denmark didn't have extremely wealthy or gem-ridden holdings (which, I personally think, is more to their credit).
If you ask me, there are plenty of lovely jewels in the Danish collection. Many of them are only worn by the wife of the sovereign (or the sovereign herself), and may not leave the country.

The fringe tiara from Queen Alexandrine was inherited by her sonm Knud annd is now ion the posession of hos oldest son Count Ingolf af Rosenborg. His second wife Countess Sussie wore it for the Weddings of Frederik and Joachim.

I want to add that the Danish royals do not have less than the Norwegianes, Belgians and even the Swedes. The ones who surpass are the Oranges, and the Windsors who have the largest collection. The reason for depleted coffers are due to royal princesses marrying out, taking with them their inheritance, and no royal blood coming into the Royal families, with doweries of their own, including jewels. Norways most substantial peices were brought from Sweden through CP Maertha, whilst princesses Raghinald and Astrid both got beautiful peices from the Norweigiane colection. Yet Queen Sonja, nor CP MMarit didn't bring in any peices, so what's left has to be shared, and so is it with the other RF's

The swedes have certainly more then the Danes
There are
the leuchtenberg sapphire parure
the Cameo Parure
the amethyst parure
the Cut Steel parure
the Braganza tiara
the Nine pronge tiara
the 2 button tiaras
the baden fringe tiara
and many more

In Denmark a few tiaras get lost because from Queen Alexandrines tiaras 2 where inherited by her son Knud and from the tiaras of Queen Ingrid Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte each inherited one. And there is ofcourse the tiara who is in posession of Alexandra. Most likely it will go to on of her sons.

It was my impression that the Danes have a number of parures and Tiara, Saphires, emeralds, pearl and diamonds, diamonds etc. In Sweden it a foundation where the Queen gets the first pick, whilst in Denmark it is the sole use of the Queen, which gives her a larger variety to choose from.

I want to add that the Danish royals do not have less than the Norwegianes, Belgians and even the Swedes. The ones who surpass are the Oranges, and the Windsors who have the largest collection.

I wouldn't bet on it, Auntie :)! We certainly have less than the Swedes, and after having seen a video of the Norwegian RF tiaras, I'm beginning to wonder whether they are surpassing us in this respect! Apparently Queen Maud brought several tiaras to Norway, while Princess Märtha brought only a couple (correct me if I'm wrong!).

The death of Queen Ingrid in year 2000 set the Danish RF tiara stock back, with three daugthers sharing the inheritance. Off hand I remember that Princess Benedikte inherited a diamond star tiara, while Queen Anne-Marie got the Khedive of Egypt tiara :verysad:(which IMHO, should have remained in Denmark, but then again, it's a very personal piece of jewellery associated with CP Margaret of Sweden.). Then there was the beautiful, but not so versatile ruby tiara, which was bequeathed to the future crown princess of Denmark.

This leaves us with the following pieces (if my inventory count is correct );

The emerald tiara (Crown Jewels)

The pearl-poire (Nassau) tiara ( family foundation)
The Baden Palmette tiara
The "American" floral motiv tri-part tiara ( it has alledgedly belonged to
a Danish-American before it was acquired by the DRF around 1964).
The floral motif tiara * (on loan to Princess Marie)
The turquoise bandeau
The poppy hair-piece

The above mentioned are normally worn by HM the Queen, although the Baden Palmette has also been worn by Alexandra of Berleburg.

Crown Princess Mary:
The ruby tiara (from the ruby parure, see above)
The diamond wedding "spike" tiara (acquired as a gift for Mary)

Princess Marie: See above

Other royal tiaras in Denmark, from the inheritance of Prince Knud (1900-1976):

Princess Elisabeth: two
Count Ingold of Rosenborg: two
Count Christian of Rosenborg: two, possibly three (the third being a bandeau, if that counts!)

Countess Ruth of Rosenborg: Three, if not four or five! (several of the tiaras from the Prince Valdemar line of the family have ended up with countess Ruth!).

Then there is the "Alexandrine" diamond drop tiara now belonging to countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg. I see it as a lost case, unless of course one of her sons brings it back into circulation sometime in the future!

Last edited:
But the jewels I saw at Rosenberg castle were absolutely stunning and wonderful..
I was told that the Queen may not wear these jewels out of Danemark.

Back
Top Bottom