The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-14-2009, 08:27 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
I thought that the fringe tiara was from the Danish RF. I'm pretty sure I've seen an old photo of one of the previous queens consort wearing it. I'm fairly sure it was Queen Alexandrine.
Queen Alexandrine's fringe tiara is owned by her grandson, Count Ingolf of Rosenborg. Benedikte's fringe is from the Berleburgs, I think from Prince Richard's grandmother.
I have also read that Benedikte's son owns a Berleburg tiara, the one his girlfriend Carina wore at Prince Joachim's wedding. Maybe they don't have more than two, Prince Richard has brothers and sisters that might have inherited jewellery from his mother for instance.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:58 PM
Nobility

I have read in other threads that the Danish royal family has very little jewellery compared to other RF can anyone please tell me why? Lost in war stolen or sold? Such an ancient family should really have loads. And is there a link on the DRF collection. Only the ones owned by Danish Royals not bought for them . Sorry if I missed it already have checked most threads in this group but cant seem to find what Im looking for the link earlier in this thread was probably the nearest so thanks for that post.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:47 PM
Courtier

Thanks for the clarification, Hanna. I would have assumed they were the same (things like this are the reason I love this site).

I don't know why the Danish royals would have less jewellery, kbear. It actually seems to me that they have quite a bit considering the size of their country. Much of the traditional British royal jewellery, for example, comes from colonies in Africa and India. Colonial holdings were essentially a measure of a European nation's wealth, and Denmark didn't have extremely wealthy or gem-ridden holdings (which, I personally think, is more to their credit).
If you ask me, there are plenty of lovely jewels in the Danish collection. Many of them are only worn by the wife of the sovereign (or the sovereign herself), and may not leave the country.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Chota View Post
I thought that the fringe tiara was from the Danish RF. I'm pretty sure I've seen an old photo of one of the previous queens consort wearing it. I'm fairly sure it was Queen Alexandrine.
The fringe tiara from Queen Alexandrine was inherited by her sonm Knud annd is now ion the posession of hos oldest son Count Ingolf af Rosenborg. His second wife Countess Sussie wore it for the Weddings of Frederik and Joachim.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-15-2009, 10:02 AM
Royal Highness

I want to add that the Danish royals do not have less than the Norwegianes, Belgians and even the Swedes. The ones who surpass are the Oranges, and the Windsors who have the largest collection. The reason for depleted coffers are due to royal princesses marrying out, taking with them their inheritance, and no royal blood coming into the Royal families, with doweries of their own, including jewels. Norways most substantial peices were brought from Sweden through CP Maertha, whilst princesses Raghinald and Astrid both got beautiful peices from the Norweigiane colection. Yet Queen Sonja, nor CP MMarit didn't bring in any peices, so what's left has to be shared, and so is it with the other RF's
Old 03-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

The swedes have certainly more then the Danes
There are
the leuchtenberg sapphire parure
the Cameo Parure
the amethyst parure
the Cut Steel parure
the Braganza tiara
the Nine pronge tiara
the 2 button tiaras
the baden fringe tiara
and many more

In Denmark a few tiaras get lost because from Queen Alexandrines tiaras 2 where inherited by her son Knud and from the tiaras of Queen Ingrid Queen Anne-Marie and Princess Benedikte each inherited one. And there is ofcourse the tiara who is in posession of Alexandra. Most likely it will go to on of her sons.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Royal Highness

It was my impression that the Danes have a number of parures and Tiara, Saphires, emeralds, pearl and diamonds, diamonds etc. In Sweden it a foundation where the Queen gets the first pick, whilst in Denmark it is the sole use of the Queen, which gives her a larger variety to choose from.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I want to add that the Danish royals do not have less than the Norwegianes, Belgians and even the Swedes. The ones who surpass are the Oranges, and the Windsors who have the largest collection.
I wouldn't bet on it, Auntie ! We certainly have less than the Swedes, and after having seen a video of the Norwegian RF tiaras, I'm beginning to wonder whether they are surpassing us in this respect! Apparently Queen Maud brought several tiaras to Norway, while Princess Märtha brought only a couple (correct me if I'm wrong!).

The death of Queen Ingrid in year 2000 set the Danish RF tiara stock back, with three daugthers sharing the inheritance. Off hand I remember that Princess Benedikte inherited a diamond star tiara, while Queen Anne-Marie got the Khedive of Egypt tiara (which IMHO, should have remained in Denmark, but then again, it's a very personal piece of jewellery associated with CP Margaret of Sweden.). Then there was the beautiful, but not so versatile ruby tiara, which was bequeathed to the future crown princess of Denmark.

This leaves us with the following pieces (if my inventory count is correct );

The emerald tiara (Crown Jewels)

The pearl-poire (Nassau) tiara ( family foundation)
The Baden Palmette tiara
The "American" floral motiv tri-part tiara ( it has alledgedly belonged to
a Danish-American before it was acquired by the DRF around 1964).
The floral motif tiara * (on loan to Princess Marie)
The turquoise bandeau
The poppy hair-piece

The above mentioned are normally worn by HM the Queen, although the Baden Palmette has also been worn by Alexandra of Berleburg.

Crown Princess Mary:
The ruby tiara (from the ruby parure, see above)
The diamond wedding "spike" tiara (acquired as a gift for Mary)

Princess Marie: See above

Other royal tiaras in Denmark, from the inheritance of Prince Knud (1900-1976):

Princess Elisabeth: two
Count Ingold of Rosenborg: two
Count Christian of Rosenborg: two, possibly three (the third being a bandeau, if that counts!)

Countess Ruth of Rosenborg: Three, if not four or five! (several of the tiaras from the Prince Valdemar line of the family have ended up with countess Ruth!).

Then there is the "Alexandrine" diamond drop tiara now belonging to countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg. I see it as a lost case, unless of course one of her sons brings it back into circulation sometime in the future!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

But the jewels I saw at Rosenberg castle were absolutely stunning and wonderful..
I was told that the Queen may not wear these jewels out of Danemark.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
But the jewels I saw at Rosenberg castle were absolutely stunning and wonderful..
I was told that the Queen may not wear these jewels out of Danemark.

Correct!
Old 03-17-2009, 01:49 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, but how many are now in the possesion of the main branch of the Norweigiane RF? Ie: The Queen, MM, and MLouise?
Old 03-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Yes, but how many are now in the possesion of the main branch of the Norweigiane RF? Ie: The Queen, MM, and MLouise?
I think discussing the tiaras of the NRF it is completely off topic here, please have a look at their tiaras at this page http://www.angelfire.com/la3/lone_mor/kongelige.html, you'll find loads of photos and many informations.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the info and sorry to have dragged the thread off topic people
Old 06-13-2009, 03:37 AM
Majesty

was this the first time carina wore a tiara
Old 06-13-2009, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josefine View Post
was this the first time carina wore a tiara
I think the lady in Glittering Tiaras avatar is Carina and in that she's wearing a tiara. I'd have to double check.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think Carina was wearing at Joachim's wedding a SW tiara and at the ball she wore a tiara that belonged to princess Benedikte.
A lot of danish jewelery are coming from Sweden. Queen Ingrid was the King de Sweden only daughter and in danemarkshe wore jewels of her mother Margareta of Connaugt
The same for Queen Sonja emerald tiara which was a gilft to Crown Princess Martha from her mother Princess Ingeborg of Sweden.
They were a lot of weddings between members of the royal houses of the North.
Astrid's wedding with the Crown Prince of the Belgians was really unsual , her sisters married Olaf of Norway and Axel of Danemark.
Old 06-14-2009, 03:00 PM
Majesty

at the concert

IBL Bildbyrå - Royaltyfria bilder, historiska bilder, illustrationsbilder med mera.

the necklace has a feeling of steel....
Old 06-15-2009, 06:14 PM
Royal Highness

I think it is really nice of Benedikte to give her son's partner in life the use of royal tiaras, and that she joins in all the royal occasions, incl christmas photo shoots of the extended family. I think it is a unofficial statement made to show us where the royals hold regarding the whole legal issue.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Benedikte of Denmark Jewelry

I couldn't find a thread for Princess Benedikte's jewelry, so I thought that I would start one.

Recently, Carina Axelsson, the partner of Benedikte's son, Prince Gustav, appeared at the gala for Prince Henrik's 75th birthday in one of Benedikte's tiaras:

Carina Axelsson & Stjärndiademet. | Lottas kungliga modeblogg

Carina Axelsson parée telle une princesse | Noblesse & Royautés

While I do think that Carina is very lovely, I prefer the way that Princess Benedikte wore the tiara. The accompanying star brooches are very pretty (you can see Benedikte wearing them).
Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I couldn't find a thread for Princess Benedikte's jewelry, so I thought that I would start one.
Good idea !

I have one picture, too.

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8172/hb5u.jpg

Tags
benedikte, jewellery, princess benedikte