The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2016, 03:17 AM
Imperial Majesty

Also I do not like this tiara but I am glad but is still there.

Here wear this tiara the Countess Ruth

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h8MuerGun-...ess+Ruth+1.jpg

Old 04-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Aristocracy

When Crown Prince Haakon turned 18 in 1991, Countess Ruth of Rosenborg wore a long necklace of collet-set diamonds (and three long strands of pearls). The necklace was previously worn by her grandmother-in-law Princess Ingeborg. Is it known where the necklace came from and what happened to it?
Here is a link to a picture of the two wearing the sautoir - Link

Old 05-12-2016, 01:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Alexandrine's Fringe Tiara

I dislike this tiara because of how the spikes are spaced out.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Birthday bracelets of the Danish royal women:

Birthday Jewels: Princess Athena Turns Five | The Court Jeweller

What a lovely tradition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
the post didnt work for me but here is another post explaining the tradition. (and a lot of pictures of various princesses with their bracelets)
It is very sweet.
Margaret of Connaught's Gold Bracelet | The Court Jeweller

Queen Margrethe didnt have any daughters so she had to wait until she had grand-daughters, but Anne-Marie and Benedikte did pass on the tradition to their daughters.
Josephine would have received hers this month as she turned 5, Athena still has one more year to go
and the lovely tradition has now reached Josephine, you can spot her bracelet here
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3509500443.jpg
Old 05-18-2016, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
and the lovely tradition has now reached Josephine, you can spot her bracelet here
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...3509500443.jpg
No surprise there! Is it known if the girls get new bracelets in their respective size, or is Josephine wearing a hand-me-down from Isabella?

Old 01-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Benedikte's former lady in waiting, Lykke von Schwerin wearing diamond tiara:

https://skarhults-slott.s3.amazonaws...t_Horneman.jpg

If the link with the picture doesn't work,here is a link for the web site:

http://skarhult.se/en/9/the-exhibition/20-chatelaines
Old 06-21-2018, 01:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. Very stunning and regal.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. Very stunning and regal.
It is a lovely tiara. I would love to see it find its way back to the main line of the DRF, as I am sure Mary will do it justice. In time, it could be paired with the lovely sapphire and diamond demi-parure of Russian origins, currently used by HM.
Old 06-21-2018, 01:57 AM
Serene Highness

Looking at the court jeweller I see a lovely closeup of a diamond E pendant with a wonderful emerald. Of course Princess Elizabeth has the only surviving Coronation brooch from Tsar Nicholas II s coronation in 1894, I think it was. The Tsar gifted the Grand Duchesses one of these brooches each.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Looking at the court jeweller I see a lovely closeup of a diamond E pendant with a wonderful emerald. Of course Princess Elizabeth has the only surviving Coronation brooch from Tsar Nicholas II s coronation in 1894, I think it was. The Tsar gifted the Grand Duchesses one of these brooches each.
Probably inherited from her great-grandmother Anastasia Mikhailovna.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness

Yes I believe AM gave it to her daughter Alexandrine who passed it to her daughter in law Princess Caroline wife of Prince Knud. Then to there daughter Princess Elizabeth. It is fascinating how many jewels get passed around.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:37 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Yes I believe AM gave it to her daughter Alexandrine who passed it to her daughter in law Princess Caroline wife of Prince Knud. Then to there daughter Princess Elizabeth. It is fascinating how many jewels get passed around.
The Knud branch of the Glucksburgs sits on a lot of historical jewellery. Hopefully it won't all be auctioned off by Feodora, Camilla and Josephine.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Serene Highness

I agree with you. That Coronation brooch must be worth quite a bit by now.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Two sapphire tiaras and more small jewels from Prince Knud 's heirloom on display.

I can understand that the 3 daughters of the late Count Christian may need the money for having a better life . They will never wear big tiaras anymore.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:33 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

It would be nice if the main line could buy these tiaras and other heirlooms. But I am not sure if they can compete with the market value of such items at an auction. The Russian angle makes it all interesting for collectors and the nouveau riche, if they were ever to be auctioned of.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:41 AM
Nobility

I supposed Princess Elisabeth left a will including who will inherit her jewellery. Either her three nieces or the main line, or divided between the two.
She could also left them to be sold for a charity.

Old 06-21-2018, 06:54 AM
Heir Apparent

The relationship between Prince Knud and Princess Caroline Mathide with King Frederick and Queen Ingrid was not warm.
I don't know how is the relationship with their Children ?

Young Countesses prefer money to have a great modern life. This happen already in other royal families. Actually the 2 important Auctions or Infanta Alice de Boueron grand jewels.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:44 AM
Serene Highness

The Russians would love to get their hands on that Coronation brooch because of its provenance. Easily see a bidding war for it. Especially as it is the only surviving one left.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It would be nice if the main line could buy these tiaras and other heirlooms. But I am not sure if they can compete with the market value of such items at an auction. The Russian angle makes it all interesting for collectors and the nouveau riche, if they were ever to be auctioned of.

So far the sapphire tiara worn by Countess Anne-Dorte has not been seen at auction. I think if the danish RF would buy some of the Jewels back it would be in a privatge sale and n ot be made public., We would only know of it if them item in question is worn y one of the danish royal laides.

Old 06-21-2018, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
So far the sapphire tiara worn by Countess Anne-Dorte has not been seen at auction. I think if the danish RF would buy some of the Jewels back it would be in a privatge sale and n ot be made public., We would only know of it if them item in question is worn y one of the danish royal laides.
I agree, If the Queen or Frederik are interested in buying any of the jewels, they will do so privately. Should anything be offered to auction houses, that probably means that the the Queen is not interested. Maybe the Princess has already sold some pieces to her cousin, as it is known that she also had to sell her house a few years ago. But even if the RF has bought, or will buy some of Princess Elisabeth's jewel, it will probably take many years till they are seen again.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth