The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2015, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
It is understandable that she prefered the saphire tiara, isn't it ?
Yes indeed,thankfully the Countess has a more impressive one to bedazzle us all with

Old 04-02-2015, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder when did the sapphire tiara came into the posession of Count Christian and was therefore avalible to Countess Anne-Dorthe. Only after the death of his mother in 1995 when the fringe tiara was inherited by his brother Count Ingolf or already earlier. At the Wedding of Prince Joachim and Alexandra manley which was a few weeks before the death of Princess Caroline Mathilde Countess Anne-Dorthe wore already the sapphire tiara but has she also worn it earlier?

Old 04-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I wonder when did the sapphire tiara came into the posession of Count Christian and was therefore avalible to Countess Anne-Dorthe. Only after the death of his mother in 1995 when the fringe tiara was inherited by his brother Count Ingolf or already earlier. At the Wedding of Prince Joachim and Alexandra manley which was a few weeks before the death of Princess Caroline Mathilde Countess Anne-Dorthe wore already the sapphire tiara but has she also worn it earlier?
That is an interesting question. I don't know when Countess Anne-Dorthe started to wear the sapphire tiara. But was the wedding in 1995 the first time that the twins Josephine and Camilla wore tiaras? Maybe Anne-Dorthe borrowed the sapphire tiara from her mother-in-law so that her daughter could wear the spikey tiara?

Old 04-04-2015, 09:31 AM
Super Moderator

The Ruby Bracelet Tiara

I have seen this very, very small tiara only worn by Countess Feodora of Rosenborg. The bracelet originates from from Queen Alexandrine and was set on a frame by Prince Knud to be given as engagement present to Countess Anne-Dorte.

Unfortunately Countess Feodora is not often caught by the cameras at gala events. She attended the CP wedding in 2004, but there were only pictures of her at the hairdressers:
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psnpmr6m74.jpg

At the Gala Concert for Queen Margrethe’s 40th jubilee:
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psotmzqryb.jpg

Old 04-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Personally I find it interesting that the 3 sisters Josephine, Camilla and Feodora never swap tiaras. Each has one to go with and they never borrow another one. That makes me thing that the spikey tiara might be inherited by its wearer Countess Camilla. Since Feodora has the ruby bracelet tiara it seems fair that the Russian sapphire tiara went to Josephine. (With some good luck we may know more when the Queen’s birthday celebrations come in two weeks time!)

Old 04-11-2015, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

The Heering Tiara

I hope to see this tiara at next week's birthday festivities:

Susanne Heering is a friend of the Queen who designs the costumes for Susanne Heering's children ballets. I don't know the origin of this lovely laurel wreath tiara. But it is also worn by her daughter-in-law Caroline Heering, former liw of CP Mary and secretary of her foundation.

Susanne Heering at the theatre gala for the Queen's jubilee in 2012
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...pseikzoqtu.jpg

Caroline Heering at the gala dinner for the Queen's jubilee in 2012
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psymipwjgg.jpg

Old 04-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Iuel-Brockdorff fringe tiara

Lensgreve (I'm not sure how to translate the title) Niels Iuel-Brockdorff and his wife Molise also are frequent guests at Danish royal festivities. This unusual fringe tiara has sapphires in it and is probably the most spiky tiara that I have ever seen

Prince Henrik’s 70th birthday
Festmiddag på Fredensborg Slot i anledning af prins Henriks 70års... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

The Queen’s 70th birthday
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psjcqsqfge.jpg
Dronning Margrethes 70 års fødselsdag Gallamiddag på Fredensborg Slot... Nachrichtenfoto | Getty Images

Old 04-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

At yesterday's gala dinner for Queen Margrethe's 75th birthday:
Princess Elisabeth wearing the sapphire tiara:
View image: 20150415 Elisabeth1

Countess Susie wore the fringe tiara:
View image: 20150415 Susie1

Old 01-25-2016, 02:12 AM
Majesty

Birthday bracelets of the Danish royal women:

Birthday Jewels: Princess Athena Turns Five | The Court Jeweller

What a lovely tradition.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:28 AM
Super Moderator

I hope that we'll soon see little Athena with her bracelet. It's a beautiful tradition and nice to see it being carried on. I wonder if they re-use the small bracelets on all the small Princesses, or if everyone gets her own to keep.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:16 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Birthday bracelets of the Danish royal women:

Birthday Jewels: Princess Athena Turns Five | The Court Jeweller

What a lovely tradition.
That site is wrong. She has only turned 4, not 5. It will be another year before she receives her bracelet.
Old 01-25-2016, 09:24 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, it was Josefine who turned 5 this year and presumably got her bracelet, Athena still has to wait for hers. I wonder if there is also a tradition regarding gifts for the boys.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:23 AM
Majesty

such a sweet tradition. is it a recent tradition? (ie. just this generation of children - isabella, josephine and athena?)
i wonder if older royals received theirs, even if when older for another birthday involving the number 5 :) (35, 45...)
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-25-2016, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Carlota, the blog posted above answers the first part of your question. The Connaught Princesses Margaret and Patricia already had one of unknown origin, and Princess (later Queen) Ingrid already received one as a child.

Old 01-25-2016, 12:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
such a sweet tradition. is it a recent tradition? (ie. just this generation of children - isabella, josephine and athena?)
i wonder if older royals received theirs, even if when older for another birthday involving the number 5 :) (35, 45...)
the post didnt work for me but here is another post explaining the tradition. (and a lot of pictures of various princesses with their bracelets)
It is very sweet.
Margaret of Connaught's Gold Bracelet | The Court Jeweller

Queen Margrethe didnt have any daughters so she had to wait until she had grand-daughters, but Anne-Marie and Benedikte did pass on the tradition to their daughters.
Josephine would have received hers this month as she turned 5, Athena still has one more year to go
Old 01-25-2016, 01:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
the post didnt work for me but here is another post explaining the tradition. (and a lot of pictures of various princesses with their bracelets)
It is very sweet.
Margaret of Connaught's Gold Bracelet | The Court Jeweller

Queen Margrethe didnt have any daughters so she had to wait until she had grand-daughters, but Anne-Marie and Benedikte did pass on the tradition to their daughters.
Josephine would have received hers this month as she turned 5, Athena still has one more year to go
"Only direct female descendants participate in the tradition, so while you see Crown Princess Mary wearing pieces of Ingrid's jewelry, you won't see her (or Princess Marie, or any of the wives of the Greek princes) wearing one of these bracelets."

IIRC, I've seen photos of Mary wearing a similar bracelet.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
[...]
... and the next after Athena will be Louisa Johannsmann, Princess Nathalie's little daughter.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
... and the next after Athena will be Louisa Johannsmann, Princess Nathalie's little daughter.
yes
Its nice that all three sisters, Margrethe, Benedikte and Anne-Marie have passed this tradition on to their daughters and granddaughters
Old 01-25-2016, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Carlota, the blog posted above answers the first part of your question. The Connaught Princesses Margaret and Patricia already had one of unknown origin, and Princess (later Queen) Ingrid already received one as a child.
the blog post was actually removed.
thanks to polyesco for adding another blog post covering this.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 01-30-2016, 02:03 AM
Majesty

Saturday Sparkler: Princess Ingeborg's Star Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I dislike this tiara. The design is not to my liking, though I love the turquoises.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth