Other Danish Royal and Noble Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A regak brooch indeed!! And interesting to see in whom hands going.

In the Danish royal family, they need to organise a foundation to own the jewellery and to stop leaving jewellery to junior royals from whom the pieces leave the Danish monarchy. The Belgians need to have such a foundation as well. I think the jewels are to enhance the monarchy and are not madam's trinkets.

In the Danish royal family, they need to organise a foundation to own the jewellery and to stop leaving jewellery to junior royals from whom the pieces leave the Danish monarchy. The Belgians need to have such a foundation as well. I think the jewels are to enhance the monarchy and are not madam's trinkets.

The jewels of the Royal family can be divided into three parts:
First is the Crown jewels that are property of the state and can't be worn abroad. http://kongehuset.dk/en/historical-collections/the-crown-jewels

Secondly are those that were put into a foundation established in 1910 by Queen Louise and King Frederik VIII. Many of these had been part of Louise's massive dowry which is said to have covered an entire pool table without the cloth being visible underneath including several jewels with a connection to the Court of Napoleon. Other jewels came from her equally massive inheritance from her mother and grandparents belonging to the House of Orange

Thirdly there's also a lot of jewels that are the private property of different royals. Examples of this are the jewels that The Queen inherited from her mother Ingrid of Sweden and the Napoleonic Ruby parure left by Ingrid to her grandson Crown Prince Frederik.

Would you donate your jewels to such a foundation or rather leave it to someone as an inheritance or a gift? Some of the jewels are owned by the Crown/state but most of them are personal property and as such are at the full disposal of the owners. The jewels are not owned by the Royals for our enjoyment. But, of course, it's shame for a royal follower that they dissapear from the radar when passing to minor relatives.

Queen Alexandrine share her jewels half for King Frederick and half for Prince Knud.

The late Princess Elisabeth could decide what to do with them : to her close family her nieces who loved her or the royal House who snobed her.

We will see in the future.

As tiara agree! But as necklace is very beautiful!

Last edited:
The Opal tiara is horrible I don't think anyone could do it any justice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't they sell that sapphire tiara last year or something?

Didn't they sell that sapphire tiara last year or something?

The tiara was offered at an auction, but was never auctioned off. That's why I asked if anyone has some more information.

Pity it didn't stay in the family and was sold off,would love to have see Crown Princess Mary wearing it.

Bruun Rasmussen sold the tiara 2 million DKK , highest estimation price. I am Customer of this great Auction House and followed the Auction in live.
The tiara is a loan for the exhibition.

Who is the new owner?
That was not disclosed, the bidder stayed anonymous.
I find it difficult to believe that Queen Margrethe would buy the jewel at an auction where the price is all over the internet. It should have been possible to negotiate a private sale with the Rosenborg countesses.

Maybe the museum has funds to make purchases? Or a sponsor bought it for the museum. Anyway, I'm happy that the tiara is now at Amalienborg and can be admired by the public.

Tle late Princess Elisabeth Sapphire tiara is not seen since she passed away.
Queen Alexandrine shared her jewels 50 % for Frederick and 50% for Knud.

:previous: I'm holding my breath for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday concert. The Rosenborg countesses are usually invited and I think that there is a chance to see one of them with the sapphire tiara of Princess Elisabeth. Since it hasn't appeared at auction it could either still be with her nieces, or maybe it was privately sold to the main branch.

Maybe the Queen was offered the sapphire tiara, but didn’t accept the price. Or maybe she bought the other sapphire tiara. She has a nice sapphire necklace that could make a married parure.

:previous: I'm holding my breath for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday concert. The Rosenborg countesses are usually invited and I think that there is a chance to see one of them with the sapphire tiara of Princess Elisabeth. Since it hasn't appeared at auction it could either still be with her nieces, or maybe it was privately sold to the main branch.
But it isn't that long that Pricness Elisabeth passed away. It took some tiaras before the sapphire tiara of Coutness Ane-Dorte was auicionted off. Perphaps Princess Elisabeth tiara was also inherited by her brother and not her nieces.

:previous: She had no children to leave the tiara to herself, so there is some hope. I guess she could have willed it to one of her nieces, but they would have little use for a tiara and would likely end up like the Rosenberg tiara, sold off.

If it does end up with the nieces, and they sell it, would hope the royal family would be given first dibs on purchasing it from them.

Its beautiful tiara and a shame to see it lost to the family if it was.

Eugenie's engagement ring looks like her mothers imo.
I've never been a fan of rubies so neither is a personal fav of mine, but I love the sentiment behind the choice.

Eugenie's isn't a ruby its a rare sapphire.

https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompa...hire-colors-varieties/padparadscha-sapphires/

Really beyond the color they aren't that similar. Sarah's is more like a sun with very prominant rays going out, Eugenie's more a flower. Sarah like Diana screams the 80's, Eugenie's has a more retro feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom