The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-17-2014, 08:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

This tiara was unsold at the Auction ! and is still in the family

Old 03-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Gentry

I've recently updated my posts on some Scandinavian tiaras and I would love some feedback. I haven't cover all of Countess Ruth's tiaras but here are a couple.

Rosenborg Kokoshnik
Turquoise Star Tiara

Thanks in advance!

Old 05-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
This tiara was unsold at the Auction ! and is still in the family
As per the Royal Order of Splendor the Rosenborg Kokoshnik Tiara is up for sale again.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Rosenborg Kokoshnik
Old 05-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Gentry

Yes, the Rosenborg Kokoshnik is being auctioned by Sotheby's on May 13th.

http://www.sothebys.com/en/auctions/...-jewels-ge1402
Old 05-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its a nice piece,not to everyone's taste,wonder if it well sell this time?
Old 05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Gentry

If I had the money to buy a tiara it certainly wouldn't be this one but I do think that it will sell this time because of the lower price and a higher profile auction house. For me it just has too many different design elements going on with the kokoshnik, bows, and the garlands plus the four different stones; diamonds, garnets, pink pearls, and white pearls.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:35 AM
Gentry

The Rosenborg Kokoshnik was sold yesterday for $276,204 USD (201,129 EUR) to an unknown buyer.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:45 AM
Aristocracy

I really, really wish that one of the connected Royal houses bought back the tiara, so that we could see it in the future. But it was probably sold to someone else...
Old 05-17-2014, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
I really, really wish that one of the connected Royal houses bought back the tiara, so that we could see it in the future. But it was probably sold to someone else...
Yes it must have been someone else. If some relative had wanted to buy the tiara, they would have done in a private Transaction.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Princess Elisabeth of Denmark

Princess Elisabeth wore her sapphire tiara at yesterday's State Banquet for the Dutch State Visit. She avoided the photographers, but you can see her at the far right of the table here.
robin20150317_8822.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

The tiara is called “tunget tiara” and originally was owned by Princess Thyra of Denmark, daughter of King Frederik VII and Queen Louise. Thyra never married and left the jewel to her niece Princess Caroline Mathilde, mother of Princess Elisabeth. The sapphires can be exchanged with turquoises, but afaik Princess Elisabeth has only worn the sapphires.

The tiara
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/tunget%20tiara_zpscvsgrmtw.jpg

Princess Thyra

copyright expired

Princess Caroline Mathilde
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...psqhna7zwa.jpg

Princess Elisabeth at Queen Margrethe's 40th Jubilee
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/...pswenl77e8.jpg

Old 03-19-2015, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Sunday Sparkler: Queen Alexandrine's Fringe Tiara | The Court Jeweller

This is one of my least favorite fringe tiaras.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Princess Elisabeth wore her sapphire tiara at yesterday's State Banquet for the Dutch State Visit. She avoided the photographers, but you can see her at the far right of the table here.
robin20150317_8822.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter
Its a tiara that I'm not familiar with Tilla but its very beautiful.It also makes me wonder what will happen to it after Princess Elisabeth is no longer with us.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Its a tiara that I'm not familiar with Tilla but its very beautiful.It also makes me wonder what will happen to it after Princess Elisabeth is no longer with us.
That has caused a lot of speculation amoung the followers of the Danish royal jewels. But Princess Elisabeth herself has not commented about it.

Of course many think that it should go to main line of the RF. But to be honest, her closest relatives are her three nieces. One of them, Countess Josephine, usually wears the diamond bandeau which Queen Alexandrine received as a 25th wedding anniversary gift from her husband. Alexandrine gave it to Elisabeth as a confirmation gift. Not to forget that the relationship between her family and the main line royals has been pretty bad for some time because Prince Knud felt he should have stayed the heir. The rift has been heeled over the years, but I don't think that they are really very close.

So to me it seems likely that she will leave the jewels to her nieces. Of course there is the possibility that the heirs will offer it to the main line for sale. Maybe Princess Elisabeth already made a deal with the Queen. She just had to sell her house because of financial difficulties. So I can imagine that the Queen bought the tiara off her with the provision that the Princess can use it for life. All this is all speculation of course.

For the time being I hope that we will see Princess Elisabeth again at Queen Margrethe's birthday galas next month.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

This is the diamond bandeau which I mentioned above. There is no known picture of Queen Alexandrine with this bandeau. Princess Elisabeth rarely wears this tiara, but she did eg at 75th birthday of Prince Henrik in 2009. At that time her sapphire tiara was part of a tiara exhibition.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/dk%20alexandrine%20bandeau_zpsvw4jrbdi.jpg

To my knowledge this bandeau is the only tiara which Countess Josephine of Rosenborg ever wore. She even borrowed it for her wedding.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/josephine%20rosenborg%20wedding_zpsknmwbbea.jpg
Here she wears it at the Queen’s 70th birthday. The other lady is her twin sister Camilla wearing their mother’s diamond tiara.
http://www.bt.dk/royale/nu-faar-frederik-og-mary-det-bedste-i-hele-verden

Old 03-22-2015, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post

For the time being I hope that we will see Princess Elisabeth again at Queen Margrethe's birthday galas next month.
Lets hope that also her 3 nieces will attend at last one of the 2 Galas. Then we can see if one of them wears their mother's sapphire tiara.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:52 AM
Super Moderator

Recnetly there was an intersting thread at the Royal Jewels MB with a pic Princess Elisabeth wearing the fringe tiara from Queen Alexandrine at a Theatre Gala in 1997 for the Silver Jubilee of Queen Margrethe II.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Princess Elisabeth wearing the Fringe tiara from Grand Duchess Anastasia Mikhailovna
Old 03-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Lets hope that also her 3 nieces will attend at last one of the 2 Galas. Then we can see if one of them wears their mother's sapphire tiara.
I hope the same! For the 70th birthday at least the two eldest sisters attended the gala concert, but not the dinner at Fredensborg. For this year I fear that the concert ahead of the actual birthday might not be a tiara event. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Old 03-22-2015, 03:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Tilla,
On one of your pictures of Princess Caroline Mathilde She wears a long necklace wth diamond and sapphires.
The Princess did a tiara from the necklace for Countess Anne-Dorte.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Tilla,
On one of your pictures of Princess Caroline Mathilde She wears a long necklace wth diamond and sapphires.
The Princess did a tiara from the necklace for Countess Anne-Dorte.
The sapphire tiara comes from Queen Alexandrine. But oringally it was smaller and Princess Caroline-Mathilde changed the center to how it looks now.
Old 03-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Correct Stephan !
I hope we will see the Anne Dorte tiara on one of her daughters for the Queen 75th Birthday.

Tags
countess, denmark, jewellery, rosenborg, ruth