Other Danish Royal and Noble Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Madeleine , Prince Carl Bernadotte's only child married first the Belgian Count Ullens de Schooten. It should be interesting to find pictures of their wedding.

Madeleine , Prince Carl Bernadotte's only child married first the Belgian Count Ullens de Schooten. It should be interesting to find pictures of their wedding.

Thanks Maria-Olivia, I should have known better :)!
The Ullens de Schootens occasionally turn up at Scandinavian RF events!
Viv

as she passed away q while ago, do you think we will se her jewllery again? at what event could they pop up

as she passed away q while ago, do you think we will se her jewllery again? at what event could they pop up
We wuill see them probably at big danish royal EVents. For example at the Theatre-Gala for Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday last year countess Jutta wore the turqiose star-tiara.

A the Royal Weddings Message Board, Danjel posted an image of Count Carl Johan of Rosenborg and Sidsel Lykke Nielsen - The bride is wearing a very pretty diamond and emerald pendant that must have been once a part of the emerald necklace that is now in Norway( the diamond motifs look identical to the one on QSonja's pendant). Is there any photo of Countess Ruth wearing this pendant?Royal Weddings Message Board: Back in time, september part 1

Wow! some great old & probably rare photos here. Thanks for posting the link.

Countess Ruth has 6-7 tiaras? I've only ever seen four at the most (including one of the few cameo tiaras). I also always thought that she had one tiara which could be altered to have different motifs along the top, meaning that I've really only ever seen her in three tiaras:
1) Diamond tiara with interchangeable motif
2) Kokoshnik Ruby (?) tiara
3) Cameo tiara

Here is picture of the Kokoshnik tiara
Vurderet til mere end en million: Rosenborg-diadem under hammeren - Royale | www.bt.dk

This tiara was unsold at the Auction ! and is still in the family

Its a nice piece,not to everyone's taste,wonder if it well sell this time?

If I had the money to buy a tiara it certainly wouldn't be this one but I do think that it will sell this time because of the lower price and a higher profile auction house. For me it just has too many different design elements going on with the kokoshnik, bows, and the garlands plus the four different stones; diamonds, garnets, pink pearls, and white pearls.

I really, really wish that one of the connected Royal houses bought back the tiara, so that we could see it in the future. But it was probably sold to someone else...

I really, really wish that one of the connected Royal houses bought back the tiara, so that we could see it in the future. But it was probably sold to someone else...
Yes it must have been someone else. If some relative had wanted to buy the tiara, they would have done in a private Transaction.

Princess Elisabeth of Denmark

Princess Elisabeth wore her sapphire tiara at yesterday's State Banquet for the Dutch State Visit. She avoided the photographers, but you can see her at the far right of the table here.
robin20150317_8822.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

The tiara is called “tunget tiara” and originally was owned by Princess Thyra of Denmark, daughter of King Frederik VII and Queen Louise. Thyra never married and left the jewel to her niece Princess Caroline Mathilde, mother of Princess Elisabeth. The sapphires can be exchanged with turquoises, but afaik Princess Elisabeth has only worn the sapphires.

The tiara
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/tunget%20tiara_zpscvsgrmtw.jpg

Princess Thyra

copyright expired

Princess Caroline Mathilde
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/tunget CM_zpsqhna7zwa.jpg

Princess Elisabeth at Queen Margrethe's 40th Jubilee
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums.../tunget Elisabet 40th jubilee_zpswenl77e8.jpg

Princess Elisabeth wore her sapphire tiara at yesterday's State Banquet for the Dutch State Visit. She avoided the photographers, but you can see her at the far right of the table here.
robin20150317_8822.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

Its a tiara that I'm not familiar with Tilla but its very beautiful.It also makes me wonder what will happen to it after Princess Elisabeth is no longer with us.

Its a tiara that I'm not familiar with Tilla but its very beautiful.It also makes me wonder what will happen to it after Princess Elisabeth is no longer with us.
That has caused a lot of speculation amoung the followers of the Danish royal jewels. But Princess Elisabeth herself has not commented about it.

Of course many think that it should go to main line of the RF. But to be honest, her closest relatives are her three nieces. One of them, Countess Josephine, usually wears the diamond bandeau which Queen Alexandrine received as a 25th wedding anniversary gift from her husband. Alexandrine gave it to Elisabeth as a confirmation gift. Not to forget that the relationship between her family and the main line royals has been pretty bad for some time because Prince Knud felt he should have stayed the heir. The rift has been heeled over the years, but I don't think that they are really very close.

So to me it seems likely that she will leave the jewels to her nieces. Of course there is the possibility that the heirs will offer it to the main line for sale. Maybe Princess Elisabeth already made a deal with the Queen. She just had to sell her house because of financial difficulties. So I can imagine that the Queen bought the tiara off her with the provision that the Princess can use it for life. All this is all speculation of course.

For the time being I hope that we will see Princess Elisabeth again at Queen Margrethe's birthday galas next month.

Last edited:
This is the diamond bandeau which I mentioned above. There is no known picture of Queen Alexandrine with this bandeau. Princess Elisabeth rarely wears this tiara, but she did eg at 75th birthday of Prince Henrik in 2009. At that time her sapphire tiara was part of a tiara exhibition.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/dk%20alexandrine%20bandeau_zpsvw4jrbdi.jpg

To my knowledge this bandeau is the only tiara which Countess Josephine of Rosenborg ever wore. She even borrowed it for her wedding.
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k628/TiliaCordata/Denmark/josephine%20rosenborg%20wedding_zpsknmwbbea.jpg
Here she wears it at the Queen’s 70th birthday. The other lady is her twin sister Camilla wearing their mother’s diamond tiara.
http://www.bt.dk/royale/nu-faar-frederik-og-mary-det-bedste-i-hele-verden

For the time being I hope that we will see Princess Elisabeth again at Queen Margrethe's birthday galas next month.

Lets hope that also her 3 nieces will attend at last one of the 2 Galas. Then we can see if one of them wears their mother's sapphire tiara.

Lets hope that also her 3 nieces will attend at last one of the 2 Galas. Then we can see if one of them wears their mother's sapphire tiara.
I hope the same! For the 70th birthday at least the two eldest sisters attended the gala concert, but not the dinner at Fredensborg. For this year I fear that the concert ahead of the actual birthday might not be a tiara event. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Tilla,
On one of your pictures of Princess Caroline Mathilde She wears a long necklace wth diamond and sapphires.
The Princess did a tiara from the necklace for Countess Anne-Dorte.

Tilla,
On one of your pictures of Princess Caroline Mathilde She wears a long necklace wth diamond and sapphires.
The Princess did a tiara from the necklace for Countess Anne-Dorte.

The sapphire tiara comes from Queen Alexandrine. But oringally it was smaller and Princess Caroline-Mathilde changed the center to how it looks now.

Correct Stephan !
I hope we will see the Anne Dorte tiara on one of her daughters for the Queen 75th Birthday.

Back
Top Bottom