Duchess of Sussex Jewels 1: November 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were there no earrings today in Belfast?

I'm at a loss to understand WHY Ms Markle has a jewellery thread at all, since it's VERY 'slim pickings' in her regard...

Maybe she forgot them or was trying to be super minimalist ...no idea. A nice pair of earrings would of finished things off...or polished I should say.

LaRae

I'm at a loss to understand WHY Ms Markle has a jewellery thread at all, since it's VERY 'slim pickings' in her regard...

I'm guessing that she doesn't have much real jewelry. I am hoping she will get some nice pieces for her wedding and from Harry/Charles as time goes.

LaRae

Now that is just plain mean to we jewellery addicts. :cry: Meghan, get with the programme, how are we supposed to drool over your pretty, sparkly jewellery if you don't show it to us? :prettyplease:

I also did not notice the extra small band rings - though they might have been there. Maybe she felt the gravitas of the visit today. Then again, maybe the jewelry bag just never made it into the luggage. Or, like me, she leaves earrings until the end of getting ready and simply forgot. :flowers:

She had her stack rings on today.

LaRae

Remember too she wasn't that well known of an actress...might not of had access to the nice jewelry.

LaRae

I went back and looked a bit and she has worn some bigger pieces, however I’m not sure how much that was Meghan and how much was professional styling.

Not much can be assumed regarding red carpet presentations (imo) since there is a lot of 'selling' going on during those events (on so many levels). :flowers: Interested in a part in a glossy period piece? Show up in a gown cum makeup to show one can carry off a period piece ensemble. Along those lines. One is always showing image. Not unlike the BRF, in fact. ;)

PRECIOUS

Necklace from today, not sure when/where she got this one.

LaRae

Very pretty..I like those. Not her usual gold tone either.

LaRae

Very pretty earrings, and ones that you can see without having to use a magnifying glass. Gives me hope that at some point she may actually wear some of Diana's more substantial pieces, or something on loan from the Queen. Anything is possible, right?

It was just confirmed by Meghan's Mirror over on Twitter.

LaRae

I'm pretty sure it's Diana's...that was the first thought I had when I saw it.

LaRae

It is...and it's a 3 piece set.

LaRae

What do we know about the bracelet she was wearing at the ceremony? Also, is the hand where she is wearing the aquamarine ring "free" now? Or shouldn't her engagement ring be there? Every country has different "rules"!

About Prince Harry: I was sure he was going to get a wedding ring...! Very "unroyal" choice!

What do we know about the bracelet she was wearing at the ceremony? Also, is the hand where she is wearing the aquamarine ring "free" now? Or shouldn't her engagement ring be there? Every country has different "rules"!

About Prince Harry: I was sure he was going to get a wedding ring...! Very "unroyal" choice!

Yes the bracelet matches the earrings she is wearing tonight...a set from Cartier (totaling over 200K).

Prince Phillip and Prince Charles wear wedding rings...so not that unroyal.

Her engagement ring is on her left hand with her wedding ring.

LaRae

With all the excitement that escaped us. The thread has been renamed for the new Duchess.

How lovely that she has what looks like Diana’s aquamarine ring! I hope Harry gave it to her as a wedding present and she’ll wear it often

Yes the bracelet matches the earrings she is wearing tonight...a set from Cartier (totaling over 200K).

LaRae

Thanks LaRae! I don't think either Prince Charles or Prince Phillip wear a wedding ring but I may be wrong.

But does the Cartier set belong to the Queen?

Last edited:
It is...and it's a 3 piece set.

LaRae

LaRae

Thanks LaRae! I don't think Prince Charles wears a wedding ring but I may be wrong.

But does the Cartier set belong to the Queen?

Neither Philip, Charles nor William wear rings. Charles wears a signet ring on his little left finger, something that he didn't wear in his first marriage. :flowers:

The cartier bracelet and earrings set I can only presume is a gift given to Meghan it isn't something we've seen on anyone else.

The Aquamarine set is a three-some, Camilla has the earrings and necklace I understand. :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom