Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 19 Luxembourg wedding gala

Cartier Love bracelet with alternating diamonds
oct19-lux-cartier.jpg

Sapphire ring
oct19-lux-ring.jpg

Trilliant-cut diamond solitaire earrings
oct19-lux-earrings.jpg

I think she re-set her old earrings from 2005 from a stud to hang from an earwire:
mctrianglejun182005.jpg

Fringe tiara
oct19-lux-tiara.jpg

Oct 20 Royal Wedding in Luxembourg

Diamond lace/infinity earrings
oct20-lux-earrings.jpg

Cartier Love Bracelet, alternating diamonds
oct20-lux-cartier.jpg

Sapphire ring
oct20-lux-ring.jpg

All photos cropped to avoid copyright infringement.

The new ring looks like another JAR creation. The color scheme of the ring made me think of this JAR brooch: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qXGbSOhCub8/TCUXwbBF7NI/AAAAAAAAAVY/8pibuNEaLGk/s1600/jar+brooch.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful and from a princess of nothing, but a lost thought.

Thanks for the pics ayvee, that ring is Big and Beautiful. I agree that it looks like JAR. Love all her jewels this weekend.

I've always considered fringe tiaras to look like picket fences, but this style looks wonderful on MC.

Thanks Ilovecp, the pics of MC are gorgeous. I love her fringe tiara and the way she mixes modern earrings with it looks so great on her!!

Maybe we should just take HM 's word on it. The tiara'a AM uses came originally from HM queen Olga. Olga, was truly beloved by the Greek people and during the first interungmum , the first republic paid her a pension (while at the same time as trying her son for treason.?. While HM Freddy has always been a "sore" subject for some maybe AM & the King simply wanted to dissasociate themselves from the "over jeweled" queen Fredericka with no disrespect intended

This ring makes me think the Prince didn't really have any money to buy something so he went to the vaults and picked up some loose stones and had them put together. The sapphire would have been lovely with diamonds around it in a simple setting. I like heart shaped diamonds but this too would have looked better simply set.

Her father gave her a $200M dowry.. they are fine. I find it interesting women have saved the Greek Royals from financial ruin over the past century.... Princess Marie Bonaparte, Nancy Leeds (Princess Anastasia), Edwina Mountbatten, and now Marie-Chantal...lol.. the men marry well for $$. I am sure love plays a part too.

Last edited:
Maybe M-C might have preferred an heirloom gem rather than a modern piece she could have subsidized with her money. Prince Philip gave Queen Elizabeth an e-ring with stones from his mother's tiara. It's not too romantic for a woman to buy her own engagement ring, anyway!;)

Last edited:
Thank you for the explanation :flowers: I'm italian so I don't understand many american symbols yet.

Her fringe tiara is nice and suits her a lot. But her e-ring looks awful, I wouldn't have said yes to Paul!

Her fringe tiara is nice and suits her a lot. But her e-ring looks awful, I wouldn't have said yes to Paul!

I love this tiara! It comes second to Queen Maria of Yugoslavia's fringe! With that being said, I wish there was concrete evidence that the tiara was purchased from the family as it has been said in order to keep it in the family. If not, then where has it been all this time (before MC brought it out of the adult so to speak)? Why wouldn't AM wear it?

I've been working on the tiaras of the Greek Royal Family. Crown Princess Pavlos has worn four tiaras but I don't have a post on the diamond tiara from William & Son that she wore to the 2004 wedding of Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark.

Antique Corsage Tiara
Diamond Tiara
Fringe Tiara

I thought that tiara was just a loaner. We only ever saw it the one time, right?

The Tiara is wonderful. She is a typical Dollar Princess in the 21th century

Wasn't that was Queen Frederika's diamond crown that MC wore to Queen Margrethe's ruby jubilee gala, or some other grand occasion? That hadn't been seen in years.

Last edited:
Tiaras Marie Chantal wore at royal weddings and celebrations:

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 2

Alexandra and Jefferson: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1 2

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Last edited:
Tiaras Marie Chantal wore at royal weddings and celebrations:

Alexandra and Jefferson: 1

Frederik and Mary: 1 2

Guillaume and Stephanie: 1

Madeleine and Chris: 1

Joachim and Alexandra: 1 & 2

Her jewels at Frederik and Mary's wedding were so stunning:

1 2

The tiara is so lovely and elegant. I love the size of those pearls and the earrings are absolutely beautiful.

It really suits Crown Princess Marie-Chantal perfectly,was hoping we'd see her wear it at Margrethe II's 75 birthday Gala.

Her jewels at Frederik and Mary's wedding were so stunning:

1 2

The tiara is so lovely and elegant. I love the size of those pearls and the earrings are absolutely beautiful.

What tiara is this? I have not seen before.

Strange it borrowed after it has its own tiara. However beautiful tiara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom