Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had seen the pear shaped ring in a magazine article (whatever American design magazine that did a spread on their London home) but I've never seen her wear it. Apparently the band is made up of her name written in diamonds.

Jewelry worn at Princess Nathalie's wedding, June 18, 2011

Pair of brooch clips:
mcbroochclipsjun18-2011.jpg

First time I've seen her wear these. Also her necklace looks like there are some diamonds on them.

Photos heavily cropped.

------------
Thanks so much for this close up. YEp - definitely diamond brooch clips - I love them too :) Maybe we are going to see some more sparklers in the near future.

I had seen the pear shaped ring in a magazine article (whatever American design magazine that did a spread on their London home) but I've never seen her wear it. Apparently the band is made up of her name written in diamonds.

House&Garden November 2006 :)

Does anyone know how many tiaras she owns?

Does anyone know how many tiaras she owns?

Just one - the fringe tiara.

The two others she has worn have been loans. Her wedding tiara belongs to Queen Anne-Marie.

The one she wore for a pre-wedding event for Frederik and Mary's wedding was loaned from 'William and Son' jewelers in London. (William is William Asprey, who learned the trade from his family firm, Asprey's). Link to site: http://www.williamandson.com/

Last edited:
Great pictures, thanks for taking the time to crop those pictures.

That pear shaped ring looks so much like Charlene's ring,only it's bigger!

That is one gorgeous tiara IloveCP!!! I think it might be one of my favorites..

I must say that I'm so relieved to see Marie-Chantal wear this fringe tiara again!

I'd been so worried she had sold it last Jun. 8, 2011 at a Christie's auction in London. You can see it on this link: AN ANTIQUE DIAMOND NECKLACE | Jewelry Auction</li> | Jewelry, necklace | Christie's

Thankfully, after comparing HQ photos of MC (from the previous time MC last wore the tiara in Sweden for the King's birthday) and the Christie's auction back in October 2011, I realized that the number of diamonds on the sword shaped elements were different.

So, I'm glad we get to see MC's fringe tiara again! Totally love this tiara on her!

I like the fringe tiara on CP Marie Chantal, especially with these earrings!

I must say that I'm so relieved to see Marie-Chantal wear this fringe tiara again!

I'd been so worried she had sold it last Jun. 8, 2011 at a Christie's auction in London. You can see it on this link: AN ANTIQUE DIAMOND NECKLACE | Jewelry Auction</li> | Jewelry, necklace | Christie's

Thankfully, after comparing HQ photos of MC (from the previous time MC last wore the tiara in Sweden for the King's birthday) and the Christie's auction back in October 2011, I realized that the number of diamonds on the sword shaped elements were different.

So, I'm glad we get to see MC's fringe tiara again! Totally love this tiara on her!

I understand that MC family is quite wealthy - so why should she sell it - espescially with such a huge family and lots of daughters in law to come. ;)
BTW - does anybody know the provenience of this particular fringe tiara?

MC is wearing Queen Frederika's tiara at the banquet this evening, Jan. 15! Can't wait for better close-ups!

Wow.

I love that tiara.It's so grand and magical.This is one amazing tiara.

:previous:
Princess Pavlos looked stunning indeed. The tiara is grand, but does not overwhelm Marie Chantal.

I am estatic to see Frederika's tiara being worn again!! Wow. I wonder why A-M never wore it?

OMG Magnificent tiara...she looks amazing. Perfect dress choice so to not take away from Fredericka's tiara!!! Please someone, post a closeup of this one!

Last edited:
Crown Princess Marie Chantals pearl and diamond tiara has quite a history. The Dowager Empress Victoria of Prussia gave it to her daughter Sophie as a wedding gift in 1889 when she married Tino -Constantine Iof Greece. The tiara then passed to her daughter Helena Queen of Romania. Then back to Queen Frederika of Greece. Then to Queen Anne Marie of Greece who apparently hasn't worn it for some reason since exile 1967. So it is wonderful to see its outing here at this special occassion.

A close up of Crown Princess Marie Chantal. Gorgeous tiara

Well, all I can say is that this is one stunning debut for a magnificent tiara after all these years. That really takes your breath away and M-C was wise in wearing a subdued color gown and style to showcase that thing of beauty. Yes, I'd be smiling from ear to ear myself if I had that on my head. She just needs to cover the base more with her hair the next time she trots this out. Thank you for this photo.

Last edited:
Thanks for the closeup.I wonder why Anne Marie did not wear this tiara tonight since she is the queen!

Last edited:
There's speculation on the Jubilee thread that the tiara may have gone on the market and Marie Chantal purchased it at auction. So that could be why it's on her head and not the Queen of Greece's. In any event, MC brought it home tonight out of all the tiaras!

Last edited:
Marika!! How wonderful are you for posting a good clear closeup of this fabulous tiara. I see now that it doesn't have pearls , where once a long time ago I thought it did when I saw it on Queen Helena's head. So thank you.

I understand that MC family is quite wealthy - so why should she sell it - espescially with such a huge family and lots of daughters in law to come. ;)
BTW - does anybody know the provenience of this particular fringe tiara?

I read on another board a long time ago that her father Robert Miller gave her the fringe tiara as a wedding gift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom