The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-16-2012, 07:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
A close up of Crown Princess Marie Chantal. Gorgeous tiara
Okay, this is my first time seeing this tiara! Ans I LOVE it! Wow CP Marie Chantal looks great, IMO.

Old 01-16-2012, 07:45 AM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Id like know why Queen Anne Marie has never worn this tiara.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

This has been so exciting to see! Now just tell me why would you not bring some different earrings for 2 gala nights. You schlepped that big ol tiara why not throw in some other earrings?
Old 01-16-2012, 11:10 AM
Courtier

I think the tiara is way to big for here, and you can see the base of the tiara and that is not a very good look
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
This has been so exciting to see! Now just tell me why would you not bring some different earrings for 2 gala nights. You schlepped that big ol tiara why not throw in some other earrings?
ITA about the earrings; I would have liked to see something more substantial and serious to go with the enormity of debut this diadem. Maybe it was a surprise to MC that she would be given this tiara to wear on her aunt-in-law's special occation. I can only think that if she is invited to QE2's Jubilee next month, this tiara would match that glittering event; cant wait!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:46 AM
Royal Highness

Quite the surprise, and kinda steals the Queen's thunder.

I'm not a fan of the earrings, especially with the Whopper of a Tiara. Something smaller so as not to compete would've been more appropriate.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Quite the surprise, and kinda steals the Queen's thunder.

I didn't think it stole Margrethe's thunder. All eyes were on her majesty and she look amazing! Nothing could surpass her IMO.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

MC's tiara at the gala dinner was magnificent but unfortunately she didn't wear it well. She had the wrong hair do going on. It looked like the tiara was wearing MC and not the other way round. Also disappointing that MC didn't wear the right earrings with it. Simple diamond drops would've looked great.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

I think she was trying to match the earrings to her sash. Either way, it didn't work IMO. I love her wearing that diadem though
Old 01-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Yes, that's my burning question as well. What a shame to keep it hidden away for so long; what could have been the reason?

I also think MC has to experiment with how she's going to wear this tiara in the future. She needs more elaborate hairstyles to prevent the base from showing and to present the tiara better. Since it's open in the back, maybe it can be closed up more for a smaller diameter so it doesn't look as large. She also needs a more suitable pair of earrings; those were doorknockers that she wore and were too overwhelming paired with the tiara. Dare I say, if she adjusts the tiara like Mary did with hers, she could make a lovely pair of earrings as a matching set. But for its debut outing, just stunning.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catharina
Seeing Queen Frederika's tiara pop up makes me hope that the Poltimore would suddenly make a surprise outing... Please tell me Mr. Middleton has secretly bought it..? Oh, I really don't care but it would be nice to see "new" tiaras come back to use for a change. There are many princesses and queens that need new bling for the parties.
I agree with you absolutely !!! I miss seeing Princess Margaret wearing her exquisite tiara!!
We are unlikely to see it however as an "Asian collector" is quoted as having purchased it at auction. It isn't in Europe anyway!
Old 01-16-2012, 02:42 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative Jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
ITA about the earrings; I would have liked to see something more substantial and serious to go with the enormity of debut this diadem. Maybe it was a surprise to MC that she would be given this tiara to wear on her aunt-in-law's special occation. I can only think that if she is invited to QE2's Jubilee next month, this tiara would match that glittering event; cant wait!
I think the same. I am sure that Greek Royal family have a historic earrings for this tiara.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Queen Frederika's died in 1981. After 30 years, this tiara shows up on MC. One reasoning I've read had something to do with avoiding inheritance taxes and quite possibly, Queen Frederika willed the tiara to Pavlos. Could someone explain how you avoid paying inheritance taxes if an item is not seen for 30 years?

This reminds me of Prince Gustav S-W-B (son of Princess Benedikte) who was given all the grandfather's material possessions to avoid inheritance taxes for Prince Richard (Bendikte's husband and Gustav's father).

Also, which inheritance tax laws does one follow - where the person died or the country of their citizenship?

Anyway, it's a nice mystery to figure why MC wore this tiara first before Queen Anne-Marie.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
It may not have been in her collection until recently. Although Anne-Marie has been quoted as saying Queen Sophie's diamond tiara was still "in the family", that could mean it was with any number of descendants or branches, one of whom may have quietly purchased it when Frederica was in-exile to help her out financially.

Marie-Chantel is very wealthy and may have re-purchased the tiara from whomever had it for so long. That's my speculation on the matter.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade View Post
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark Celebrates 40 Years on The Throne - Celebratory Service - Pictures - Zimbio

OMG OMG OMG OMG! She is!! YES! After all these years we can FINALLY see the tiara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture 59 on the list!!

Even more huge pics of the tiara in picture 79, and pic 97-99!! I specially like the one where she talks to Mette Marit.
And also some other close ups of the Greek royal family!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Commoner

Love seeing this new/old tiara for the first time in years. Just gorgeous, but I would like to have seen it worn closed up a little more. I think that it did tend to look a little large on her. But her whole look was stunning, especially the dress.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Nobility

Amazing tiara, but when did blue eye shadow come back?
Old 01-17-2012, 04:04 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaltywatcher
Amazing tiara, but when did blue eye shadow come back?
It's grey eye shadow! :-)
Old 01-17-2012, 09:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
It may not have been in her collection
until recently. Although Anne-Marie has been quoted as saying
Queen Sophie's diamond tiara was still "in the family", that could mean
it was with any number of descendants or branches, one of whom
may have quietly purchased it when Frederica was in-exile to help
her out financially.

Marie-Chantel is very wealthy and may have re-purchased the tiara
from whomever had it for so long. That's my speculation on the matter.
Well put, I absolutely agree !
We discussed this briefly on the Danish RF forum and I better
continue over 'here'. I read somewhere that Ex-queen Frederika
sold the tiara in exile, but it's impossible to get this verified!
Anyway: Maybe the tiara really was sold, but then again -she
(Frederika) could also have 'pawned' it - put it up as a collateral for
a loan from a member of the extended family! Whatever - it would
take a considerable period before it could be worn again. Without
having a clue about the finances of the GRF there's good reason to assume that MC is the only member able to pay up.

It doesn't add up should Anne-Marie have had this tiara in her safe
for 30 years without wearing it! . Like her sisters she's much too fond
of a diamond studded piece of regal head gear to leave it alone!

viv
Old 01-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Could the tiara have been left for her daughter Princess Irene who perhaps decided to sell it and MC and Pavlos bought it. At the time Queen Frederika made the decisions on who would inherit what jewelry was there a possibility that she thought Princess Irene would get married and have many opportunities to wear such grand tiara?

Tags
crown princess pavlos, jewellery, marie chantal, princess marie chantal, princess pavlos