Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The tiara has always belonged to the Greek royal family, this was part of the crown jewels, it was not owned by Queen Federika, it was owned by the Crown. Queen Anne-Marie has never used it, because the tiara does not conform to her head and hair, there are people who say that this is an old tiara model because it is very high, and after I see it at the Princess Marie Chantal, I think it is true, I think the crown should be modified to adapt to new designs in jewelry

These are the diamond earrings MC wore the eve of Nikolaos and Tatiana's wedding:
mcear_aug23-2010.jpg

Photo cropped

She's worn this for quite some time.

I was very surprised to see a pair of similar earrings that was owned by Elizabeth Taylor and auctioned by Christie's at their online auction:
a_pair_of_diamond_and_white_gold_ear_pendants_d5500407h.jpg

Photo courtesy of Christie's.

Link to Christie's: A PAIR OF DIAMOND AND WHITE GOLD EAR PENDANTS | all Auction</li> | earrings, diamond | Christie's

It's the same size and design as MC's. The only difference is the design in the middle is attached to the bottom of the almond frame on Taylor's, while MC's is missing one element at the very bottom, allowing it to dangle within the frame.

On Christie's, they don't identify where ET bought her earrings, but I wonder if they are from the same designer.

Can anyone identify a designer for this pair of earrings?

Your pictures are super Ayvee! I will search some sights and look. We know MC buys high end so that should help us.

This is another pair of JAR earrings that MC is wearing:
http://theroyalcorrespondent.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/paris2-4.jpg
Photo from this link: HRH Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece at the Chanel Haute Couture Fashion Show in Paris - Princess Marie Chantal - Zimbio

Notice the two different shades of green.

Well, what do you know? The Collection of Elizabeth Taylor auction also had the same exact pair of earrings with two shades of green.

a_pair_of_aluminium_ear_clips_by_jar_d5502618h.jpg

photo from Christie's

Link to Christie's: A PAIR OF ALUMINIUM EAR CLIPS, BY JAR | Jewelry Auction</li> | Jewelry, earrings | Christie's
The estimate was US$1000-$2000 and sold for US$43,750.

I have to suppose that the provenance of these earrings is what's driving the price up for aluminum.:eek:

Last edited:
ayvee said:
I can't answer your question, but I have to say I love these earrings on MC. They look magnificent!! Thanks for all the info! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like that central element to the earrings; adds additional spark to the whole look, I can imagine.

I love how MC wore it in the third photo; her hairstyle is gorgeous and really displayed the tiara so well.

These are the diamond earrings MC wore the eve of Nikolaos and Tatiana's wedding:
mcear_aug23-2010.jpg

Photo cropped

She's worn this for quite some time.

I was very surprised to see a pair of similar earrings that was owned by Elizabeth Taylor and auctioned by Christie's at their online auction:
a_pair_of_diamond_and_white_gold_ear_pendants_d5500407h.jpg

Photo courtesy of Christie's.

Link to Christie's: A PAIR OF DIAMOND AND WHITE GOLD EAR PENDANTS | all Auction</li> | earrings, diamond | Christie's

It's the same size and design as MC's. The only difference is the design in the middle is attached to the bottom of the almond frame on Taylor's, while MC's is missing one element at the very bottom, allowing it to dangle within the frame.

On Christie's, they don't identify where ET bought her earrings, but I wonder if they are from the same designer.

I was flipping through some old magazines that are ready to be thrown out and I saw a picture of MC's sister, Alexandra wearing a very similar pair of earrings to the one above. You can see a better photo of Alexandra on this link with similar earrings:
Alexandra von Furstenberg Photos - Zimbio
Alexandra von Furstenberg Photos - 2011 MOCA Gala - An Artist's Life Manifesto, Directed By Marina Abramovic - Red Carpet - Zimbio

It was mentioned that Alexandra's earrings are by Loree Rodkin.

After doing a search, I think MC's and Elizabeth Taylor's are also by Loree Rodkin.

This is a very similar one to MC's, but it has pearls in the dangling part:
Loree Rodkin*, Earrings - With Pearl - Polyvore

First Lady Michelle Obama has also worn Loree Rodkin's designs at the inauguration ball: Modern Jewelry Trends » First Jeweler: Inauguration Edition
and election night: Modern Jewelry Trends » First Jeweler

P.S. Although it's not mentioned on-line, Loree Rodkin Facebook page actually shows all the Rodkin jewelry that were included in the Elizabeth Taylor auction which included these diamond earrings as well as several other pieces.

Last edited:
MC's earrings on Loree Rodkin's site:

loreerodkinearrings.jpg

That is a strangely shaped stone and setting which I don't like. Is it a cabochon sapphire, I wonder?

They look nice. The ones she wore at Nick's wedding are stunning!

How old is she, she seems to have an abundance of wrinkles, she still looks good though:)

IMO Marie Chantal is a beautiful woman as well as one of the best dressed of the royals or non-royals.And, she has had five children, so more points for her figure.

The dangle earrings are pretty, wish we could see better. (at least she has expression lines in her forehead, and not over-botoxed, IMO)

Marie Chantal wore the Fringe tiara tonight. Hopefully, we will get a close up on that huge sapphire ring!

Pic

Photo from Artemisia.

Wow your right IloveCP, that is one whooping big sapphire ring. I love all the jewelry that MC wore this weekend. She has such great style IMO!

and she has a new cartier bracelet need more picture

Marie Chantal wore the Fringe tiara tonight. Hopefully, we will get a close up on that huge sapphire ring!

Pic

Photo from Artemisia.

Great tiara and ring! I also liked the earrings she wore at the wedding.

Does anyone have a closeup pic or any pic of MCs bracelet mentioned above.??

Gorgeous fringe tiara; it looks really good on M-C. And that is one whopper of a sapphire; what a luscious color.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom