The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Royal Highness

The tiara posted above is absolutely gorgeous!!I wish we could update MC's jewels thread more often!!So far so good.

Old 07-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Serene Highness

The tiaria of the Princess Helen, spose of Prince Nicholas of Greece and Grand Duchess Helen of Russia, it is used by Marie Chantal
Imageshack - helena
Imageshack - baby001

Old 07-17-2009, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness

I think this tiara was passed down to the kents, via Marina, duchess Kent, and Pss Michael wears it today. There is no way or reason a cousin of the Greek king would give the tiara back to the main branch of the Greek RF if he has 3 daughters married into royalty, if anything it was sold due to lack of funds.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

No princess Helena of Greece born Grand Duchess Helena of Russia 's tiara went to Elisabeth, her second girl.

Princess Elisabeh married Carl Theodor count zu Toerring-Jettenbach.This tiara still remains in this family and Elisabeth's granddaugher Sophie of habsbourg wore it on her wedding day (see RF)
Old 07-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Serene Highness

Princess Marie Chantal asked her about the jewels .. I do not remember the magazine ..
The reporter started talking about the pedigree of the Royal Family .... And then the journalist asked to her, if her jewels were Russian Royal Family, and Marie Chantal replied that the jewels were of his mother in law ... the MC photo isn´t very good , but I've been looking and are very similar, I think that it is difficult to determine it,but I think that it could be two tiaras come from the Greek Royal Family through Olga of Greece,..one of the family Duchess of Russia and other of the Royal Family of Greece, with a common point, The Queen Olga of Greece (Russia)
Old 07-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

They were a lot of fringe tiaras , and I am sure that Mr Miller bought one for his daughter.
Anne Marie of Grece has only 2 tiaras and shs never wore a fringe tiara
Old 07-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Serene Highness

She has two tiaras that we have seen .. they are the most representative and most historical value of the Greek Royal Family, but Princess Alexia and Theodora, they used jewels of her mother that we have not seen in Anne Marie. . Marie chantal , she is the heir is entitled to use the tiaras and jewels of Royal family of Greece .
One day she will use the jewels that we have seen in Queen Anne Marie.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Nice tiara.She's a very lucky woman.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
I think this tiara was passed down to the kents, via Marina, duchess Kent, and Pss Michael wears it today. There is no way or reason a cousin of the Greek king would give the tiara back to the main branch of the Greek RF if he has 3 daughters married into royalty, if anything it was sold due to lack of funds.
The fringe tiara of Princess Marina which is today worn by Princess Michael was a Wedding gift from the Citiy of London to Princess Marina in 1934.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 07-20-2009, 01:08 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you Stephan and Maria Olivia regarding the scource of the Kent Fringe Tiara. I really think the current fringe tiara MChantal wears was only purchased recently, by her dad or husband, whatever. Do you think Fredericka or Anne Marie would have such a substantial piece and not wear it? All fringe Tiaras described belonging to other members of the Greek RF went elsewhere, no reason to give something which was a dowry to the king and his family...
Old 03-05-2010, 06:00 AM
Gentry

I had hoped that Marie-Chantal's fringe was the one that Princess Patricia owned, bequeathed to her by her mother. I've always admired that fringe tiara for its modesty - just like the one MC owns. Is it possible that Mr. Miller bought that particular one for MC? What actually happened to that fringe that Princess Pat owned?
Old 03-15-2010, 07:52 PM
Courtier

MC 's Fringe Tiara

The Fringe tiara that Marie Chantal wears is definately purchased, since there has only been one such tiara in the GRF, owned by Grand Duchess Elena, and it was inherited by her daughter Elisabeth and her descendants ( Archduchess Elene of Austria is the current owner). I have the feeling that this tiara is the one that Marie of Romania owned, which was first auctioned during the 60's , they look very similar IMO. Once I find photos, I ll post them in order to compare them.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Heir Apparent

I've read many times that Mr. Miller purchased a tiara for Marie-Chantal, but I've never seen a photo of the tiara. I know that the tiara she wore on her wedding day was borrowed from Queen Anne Marie, but it is not the fringe tiara. I wonder if the fringe tiara was purchased for Marie-Chantal by her father, Mr. Miller.
Old 05-02-2010, 04:15 AM
Gentry

Thanks snowflower! Are you referring to Queen Maria of Yugoslavia? In my opinion her fringe is way too big compared to the one owned by MC. I think you will notice this when you compare the photos. What do you reckon?...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Nice ring and earrings worn at the pre-wedding Gala for Nikolas & Tatiana

http://troonopvolgers.web-log.nl/.a/...6735194970c-pi
Old 08-25-2010, 11:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm hoping for some great shots of MC jewelry today at wedding, anyone one whos great with that it would be so much appreciated!!
Old 08-25-2010, 11:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I wonder if the fringe tiara was purchased for Marie-Chantal by her father, Mr. Miller.
I'd assume so. They certainly were en vogue back in the day, and just about everybody had one. I wouldn't be surprised if he picked it up at a sale someplace.
Old 08-30-2010, 02:55 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Marie Chantal in Greece at Nikolaos' wedding; I like both pairs of earrings, pretty and unique:

original images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	274739   Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-5.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	274740  
Old 08-30-2010, 07:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you so much for posting these pics MC has some amazing diamonds, her bracelet and earrings at wedding OMG!!!

the earrings I read were for the birth of her 4th child and they are from the very exclusive jeweler JAR, very expensive!!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I love both pairs of earrings and that gorgeous bracelet as well. Princess Marie-Chantal must be a diamond girl. Very smart choices, always classic and in vogue!

Tags
crown princess pavlos, jewellery, marie chantal, princess marie chantal, princess pavlos