Marie Chantal, Crown Princess Pavlos Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you refering to the Emerald or Amethyst parures? Her wedding tiara was borrowed from the GRF. I think she and her family have enough money that she can buy her own stuff inher own taste rather than make do with hand-me downs.

It would be nice to see her in something other than the fringe tiara she owns.

Yes, and like British Queen Mary's Fringe Tiara, I think.

RubyPrincess168 said:
Are you refering to the Emerald or Amethyst parures? Her wedding tiara was borrowed from the GRF. I think she and her family have enough money that she can buy her own stuff inher own taste rather than make do with hand-me downs.

True enough, but what A-M has are pretty good "hand-me-downs". :flowers:

Her tiara is absolutely beautiful, but those pearls! So enormous that they look fake and tacky.

Her pearls are beautiful....and she wears them really well

Piaa said:
It would be nice to see her in something other than the fringe tiara she owns.

I believe her parents gifted her with the fringe tiara in honor of her wedding. I think she borrows some jewelry from her own mother who has a more fabulous collection than Q. Anne-marie.

Has anyone every seen MC in any of the royal jewels?

Wasn't her wedding tiara a greek one? She wore it later at a wedding in Denmark to (of Alexandra S-W-Berleburg I believe). I think that most her other jewels are new.

RubyPrincess168 said:

Historical Jewels are NEVER "hand me downs". They are wonderful gifts of family history.
You make them sound like second hand frocks!! :ohmy:

Greek Diamonds

It is a pity that GF had to sell the Diamond tiara that Queen Fredericka always wore. Dose anyone know who bought it? I hope that they get some wear out of it, it would be a pity to have it on while doing the house work.

I will post pictures of it tomorrow.

Not relevant to this thread, but this tiara is discussed and pictured here.

I was looking at a thread from Elena of Spain's wedding. MC was wearing her engegement ring. I have noticed she doesn't wear it now. It looked like it had blue & white stones. Does anyone know what it looks like.
Thanks

I remember seeing a photo of it years ago. I believe it was a square cut cabachon sapphire and square cut diamond, but they were turned about 45 degrees so that they looked more diamond shape than square.

And when I called the GRF's royal jewels as "hand-me-downs" I was being facetious facetious - Definitions from Dictionary.com :winkiss:
:lol::ROFLMAO:

Julia said:
Marie-Chantal's cabochon sapphire and diamond engagment ring...
Thanks to Julia for this. Not one of my personal favs ah well.

Last edited:
Thank you. I wonder why she never wears it

I don't think she liked it. Other than the engagement photos I've never seen her wear it. Come to think of it, she never wears a wedding band either.

She doesn't seem to wear a lot of jewellery...she seems to keep it simple
but I love her pearls....

Her pearls are to die for. Just beautiful

They're a little to big for my taste. They seem to heavy for her.

I haven't seen her with any...I think maybe once or twice she has worn an eternity type ring....

It seems as though we hardly ever see Marie-Chantal wearing rings of any type. We also don't see her wearing much jewelry at all except for pearls. She looks fabulous in pearls. I know that I have seen photos of her mother wearing very large pieces of jewelry, but MC seems to steer clear of jewelry. Does Pavlos wear his wedding band? I don't recall seeing one on his hand, but I could be mistaken.

I've seen him wearing it in photos at various functions.

For those who liked MC's earrings in last Life&Style photoshoot (same earrings as for Carlos Morales' christening in nov 2006) :
Cartier - Joaillerie - Délices de Cartier
"Boucles d'oreille Les délices de Goa, or rose, diamants, améthystes, turquoises" ref N 8027600
I knew it was Cartier but I had not seen them so closely. No idea about their price.

Does anyone know the names of these tiaras??

tiara 1 , close up

This doesn't really have a name since she only wore it this one time (May 2004 pre-wedding festivities for Frederik and Mary's wedding) and then at the end of the year (HELLO Nov. 2004 magazine and another I can't recall, Tatler or Harper's Bazaar?) there was an article that it was for sale. Your close-up photo came from that article. This scan is from HELLO Magazine Nov. 2004
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m319/ayvee/ayvee/williamandsontiara.jpg
I guess, you could call it William and Son Tiara.

tiara 2

Thanks in advance....

This is Marie-Chantal's wedding tiara loaned by Queen Anne-Marie. This tiara was originally a huge brooch/corsage. Queen Ingrid used to wear it as a brooch on her gown or as a pendant. Bjarne Steen Jensen (author of Juverlene I Det Danske Kongehus) calls it a pearl diadem. Queen Ingrid converted it to a tiara and gave it to Anne-Marie for her 18th birthday.

-Ayvee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom